Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: Further Proof We Don’t Deserve Dogs

CTMikeCTMike Posts: 1,909
https://www.today.com/pets/george-h-w-bush-s-dog-sully-lies-front-casket-t144276

CAVU Sir, may you forever have the wind at your back. 
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• saw that earlier. That was a tear-jerker. Very devoted and loyal canine right there. 
    1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • CTMikeCTMike Posts: 1,909
    saw that earlier. That was a tear-jerker. Very devoted and loyal canine right there. 
    As are most dogs that belong to caring owners. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

Southeastern CT. 
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 3,255
    Oh so true!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 18,248
    Unconditional love.  Tough shot from a distance-gotta be much tougher in person. 
    That is the norm for dogs-we are the ones who don't get it. 
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,919
    edited December 4
    That is something.  Saw where the dog will go to Walter-Reed. 
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,516
    I will always have a dog....two...prolly not. 
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 2,024
    I will always have a dog....two...prolly not. 
    Robin, 2 is only 3 times more work than 1.  :-)
  • BotchBotch Posts: 7,027
    I'd printed that pic this morning, and posted it outside my cubicle.  
    I know who some of the good people in my office are, now.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 6,314
    Nothing like the bond between dog and man.....

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 953
    edited December 4
    YEMTrey said:
    Each and every day proves that I'd rather be around dogs than most people.
    I spend most the day with the dog, he makes me laugh more than most people 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,738
    I had an old uncle that passed recently. He was a dog lover and had this print: Old Shepard’s Chief Mourner. https://goo.gl/images/N1aaDz
    I was fortunate to get it and be able to hang it in our home. The image of President Bush’s dog is similar in emotion. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • BGEChicagoBGEChicago Posts: 194

Once this little fur ball havaneese got housebroken he has been a real heartbreaker. he tops out at a full 9 Lbs now,,,
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal
    DMW said:
    Trump is the first President in recent history to not have a dog. That may have provided motivation to finally invite a canine friend to our home. Winston has been one the best things to happen to our family.

You got a dog because Trump doesn't have one?  You sound like Joy Behar!  :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DMWDMW Posts: 13,447
    DMW said:
    Trump is the first President in recent history to not have a dog. That may have provided motivation to finally invite a canine friend to our home. Winston has been one the best things to happen to our family.

Not the only reason.  :)
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
    DMW said:
    DMW said:

Not the only reason.  :)
    He looks like an awesome dog.  

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,369
    DMW said:

Thinking Winston is a very worthy and noble name.
    Congrats on your addition.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 1,965
    Yes My dog is a hard worker, but he did spend ten minutes sniffing my face after a difficult molar removal yesterday. I just told him “I’m an old dog”
  • NC_EggheadNC_Egghead Posts: 759
    Dogs are the BEST! I miss my boy. Every. Single. Day. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle