Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - RIP George H.W. Bush

DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
He was a good one, served our country with honor.
https://youtu.be/SQhbEh8AeSA
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    No
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    That sux. 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Just heard that. Sad. He was definitely one of the good guys. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    He died of a broken heart as much as anything else.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    RIP 41. You’ll be missed. 
  • I’ll be in DC next week. Maybe I’ll get a chance to see him at the capitol. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    94. Great man.
    Duty, Sacrifice, Commitment and Patriotism.
    Personified.
    Thank you George Herbert Walker Bush for the dignity in which you served and gave our country, to the world.
    Rest in Peace.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • regardless of and party, democrat or republican  a national treasure was lost today. Let's start a new thread in his honor ....
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    He was a great man, great president.  He will have a legacy that will eclipse most others, although I can't think of anyone right now.
    Flint, Michigan
  • kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Duty, Honor, Country. Thank you Sir. RIP

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    He was a great man, great president.  He will have a legacy that will eclipse most others, although I can't think of anyone right now.
    Saying something nice about a republican?  Are you well?
    I say nice things about nice people, mean things about mean people.  It's simple, you should try it.
    Total class.  I'll miss him.
  • Sorry about that.  Y’all should give out programs outlining attitudes towards republicans here.  Republicans are treated as persona non grata here usually, but sometimes that rule is suspended.  I don’t have the hang of recognizing the shifting attitudes.  My apologies.  Continue with the accolades of Bush 41 unimpeded. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • DMW
    Sorry about that.  Y’all should give out programs outlining attitudes towards republicans here.  Republicans are treated as persona non grata here usually, but sometimes that rule is suspended.  I don’t have the hang of recognizing the shifting attitudes.  My apologies.  Continue with the accolades of Bush 41 unimpeded. 
    I could write an essay, but I won't. Maybe tomorrow. @Fred19Flintstone - be kind.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Sorry about that.  Y’all should give out programs outlining attitudes towards republicans here.  Republicans are treated as persona non grata here usually, but sometimes that rule is suspended.  I don’t have the hang of recognizing the shifting attitudes.  My apologies.  Continue with the accolades of Bush 41 unimpeded. 
    I've never noticed in any of these sort of off topic threads where anyone has ever trashed Republicans IN GENERAL, the heat was always directed to a certain kind of Republican.
    Lots of fine people are Republicans. However, so many of those fine folks seem to be abandoning the GOP of late that perhaps it won't be long before flaming all remaining Republicans might become a thing. Who knows for certain how the schisms within the GOP will shake out in the coming decade.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    May God Bless His Soul~~
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    A great American patriot and hero. RIP sir.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    RIP Mr. President. A very class act. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Plenty of tributes from politicians on this side of the pond as well, he was a well respected leader. RIP.
  • One of the good ones for sure.  A dedicated public servant, he served the country in many ways, always with honor, dignity, and class.  I always felt that he really was more a victim of bad luck and timing when it came to the 92 election, and that he didn’t deserve to lose that one.  But he handled that outcome with a lot of grace regardless, and the tours he did with Clinton after they were both out of office were important and fairly unique.  Rest In Peace, good sir.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    RIP. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Rest in Peace George.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    A truly great American who lived Duty, Honor, Country.
    Sailor, rest your oar. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.