Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    blasting said:

Wondering why the the site doesn't automatically refresh when i go back to the main screen?  Anyone else notice this?

The whole site has been acting up for the past couple of weeks. Several features are either not working or not working correctly. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Carne adovada.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I managed to bust my screen on my Samsung Note 4 this afternoon in my pocket. It's going on 3 years of ownership. It looks to be just the glass. Not the LCD. Not ready to give up on it yet. The removable battery has me from moving up on any newer Notes. I'd hate to sink money on a newer phone when 5G is around the corner. I've been perfectly happy with my stone age old phone. Unfortunately any repair places want $175-$250 for glass repair. Ugh. Worth more than the phone. Stupid phones.....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 688
    Options
    @WeberWho last time I tried to replace the glass I broke the lcd. They're probably charging you for both.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Elijah said:
    @WeberWho last time I tried to replace the glass I broke the lcd. They're probably charging you for both.
    @Elijah

I received a quote online from a local business and they wanted $240. I talked to another service company over the phone and they wanted $175. I asked if it was only for the glass and they said yes. He said the cost was the time and everything that goes into replacing it. 

I found a company in Ohio that says he can replace it for $40 and the cost of shipping. I emailed him and waiting to hear a response if that's close to being accurate in what his description says. 

I've replaced the glass and lcd as one unit in the past on another phone. That was pretty straightforward. I'm not too confident with this one. Especially when molding the glass and lcd together. Gets a little to sketchy for my liking otherwise I'd give it a go. 

I might just see if I can find and buy a second hand Note 4 if I can't find a decent deal on new glass. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Come to the dark side with a new note9. I love mine. The iPhone I left can eat my shorts. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Come to the dark side with a new note9. I love mine. The iPhone I left can eat my shorts. 
    That's a pretty talented iPhone. I'd like to see that.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Never gone Apple. Never will go Apple. ;) As much as I'd love a new phone I can't justify $600+ on one. Especially when I had no intention of upgrading. 

Minnesota
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    SGH said:
    I probably shouldn’t post this, but here goes. 

Nothing wrong with that. About as free range as it gets.. nicely done.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    The note9 is great and I will be hard pressed to look at another phone in the future 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Elijah said:
    @Elijah

I received a quote online from a local business and they wanted $240. I talked to another service company over the phone and they wanted $175. I asked if it was only for the glass and they said yes. He said the cost was the time and everything that goes into replacing it. 

I found a company in Ohio that says he can replace it for $40 and the cost of shipping. I emailed him and waiting to hear a response if that's close to being accurate in what his description says. 

I've replaced the glass and lcd as one unit in the past on another phone. That was pretty straightforward. I'm not too confident with this one. Especially when molding the glass and lcd together. Gets a little to sketchy for my liking otherwise I'd give it a go. 

I might just see if I can find and buy a second hand Note 4 if I can't find a decent deal on new glass. 
    iFixit.com has a repair guide for the Galaxy Note 4. They sell the complete screen setup for $119. https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+Note+4+Display+Assembly+Replacement/97797

Looks pretty straightforward. But the $40 might be worth it if it is just the broken glass and the display screen is not fubar.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Never gone Apple. Never will go Apple. ;) As much as I'd love a new phone I can't justify $600+ on one. Especially when I had no intention of upgrading. 
    I've used Apple computers at home ever since Atari went TU.  Very worth the cost increase over Windoze machines.  However, I won't buy an iPhone, as the incredible markup on their phones just ain't worth it.  
    I finally had to replace my '07 flip-phone awhile back as Tracfone was no longer supporting 2G (!!).  I got an LG/Tracfone smartphone for $60 that works with my new Audi, navigation included, and am still paying only $99/year (that's per year, not per month) and I don't need anything else.
    For 20 years now I've used a Windoze machine at work, and Apple at home, and there is no comparison; however, no doubt that much of the Windoze problems are caused by the security/network/bureaucracy issues with working for the fed guv'mint; hell, my Outlook crashes EVERY TIME I open an email, try to send an email, or even open a folder.  Would love to know the taxpayer cost of half the guv'mint sitting around while their computer is rebooting...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• WeberWho
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    WeberWho said:
    Elijah said:
    @Elijah

iFixit.com has a repair guide for the Galaxy Note 4. They sell the complete screen setup for $119. https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+Note+4+Display+Assembly+Replacement/97797

Looks pretty straightforward. But the $40 might be worth it if it is just the broken glass and the display screen is not fubar.
    Thanks for the links HeavyG. The complete setup seems like the way to go. I did that on my Galaxy S4. My only concern is the new LCD screen. It's almost guaranteed to be some generic brand. It will be labeled OEM but usually far from. If I'm not mistaking Samsung doesn't even sell a replacement LCD screen. I could tell from the moment I turned on my S4 that it wasn't factory after replacing it. A nice screen but you could tell it had more of a blue tint to it. So I'm really hoping I can keep the OLED screen that the Note has and just replace the the glass. Could be a long shot though.

Minnesota
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just finished bathing the duck dogs...dont understand...jumping off the boat in frigid water...they live for it...nice warm shower...have to chase them across the clinic  :s:s
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I'm all checked into my home for the next 3 weeks in Brunswick, GA. Fun fun 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    The note9 is great and I will be hard pressed to look at another phone in the future 
    I love my Note.  Best phone I've ever had.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @DoubleEgger - Fortunately I don't have any outstanding incoming packages.   I'm sure it would never have happened with any other shipper  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    was just listening to the radio talking about smart phones costing more than 75 thousand dollars in ones lifetime =) #bringbacktollphones
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Nice plate Michael. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Pork Fried Rice on the BS. The pork is leftover egged loin chops. Family favorite. Had to stay mostly in the garage because its coldish and windy. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Nice brother double. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    We made dreamland sauce wings last night and margarita pizzas tonight, I should have snapped a few pics but the food was gone as soon as I pulled it off the grill!
    LBGE
    AL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Botch said:
    2) Handmade Shave Soap with Ionic Trace Minerals, Sandalwood-scented, and
    3) a shaving lather brush, genuine badger hair!

That is truly a spectacular gift my friend. We need more people like him in this ole world.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Just found out we are having twin boys. Beyond blessed and beyond thrilled.  :)
    DUDE! Congrats!  

(Maybe. Twins run in my family. It’s hit or miss) 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Just found out we are having twin boys. Beyond blessed and beyond thrilled.  :)
    Very happy for you.  We have twin boys and have enjoyed at least half of the 21 years.  Ok, most all of the years.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Love it @Botch. Love that hat even more.