Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Conspiracy Theories

Options

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    blasting said:

Russian hookers still pee the bed.

I think Obama peed the bed and paid the Russian hookers to take the fall.
    Flint, Michigan
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options

Haven't watched any of these shows in decades (only Sunday show I occasionally watch is Zakaria's show GPS) so have no idea how or whether they lean one way or the other but thought this analysis was interesting.
    Man...look at how that left wing bias dominates (he said sarcastically)!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Soaking wood chips/chunks is necessary.

Talking about politics on forums and social media is cool and is welcomed by all.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Here’s one: Michael Jordan didn’t really quit the NBA to give baseball a shot, but rather was suspended by the commissioner for gambling.
    That's just plain Un-merican.  Just remember the ceilling IS the roof!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited November 2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Haven't watched any of these shows in decades (only Sunday show I occasionally watch is Zakaria's show GPS) so have no idea how or whether they lean one way or the other but thought this analysis was interesting.

Laughable. Doesn’t pass even the smell test let alone the eye test 

let me explain in part how the deception is perpetrated. They book panelists that are labeled one way or the other on the MSM shows, but they know they will preach the company line on the issue they are going to discuss. No diversity of thought or opinions just in labeling. It’s a fraud. For instance, if you had @JohnInCarolina and @dmw on a panel, one would self identify as a liberal democrat the other a republican. However, the republican would agree with the liberal on nearly everything. It’s a fraud. See? The panelist May be conservative on a particular issue, but not the one being discussed. 

Its obvious to to anyone with a pulse. It is shocking to me that you might not truly see it. I suspect you see it but choose to deny it. IDK?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I no longer identify as a Republican. I'm still a small "c" conservative.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pgprescott
    Options
    DMW said:
    It was funny to have you vigorously say you were all that time. 😂 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    Ask him how he voted for 95% of his adult life.  
  • pgprescott
    Options
    DMW said:
    How he voted is not germane to my point except to
    maybe strengthen it. Lol
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

let me explain in part how the deception is perpetrated. They book panelists that are labeled one way or the other on the MSM shows, but they know they will preach the company line on the issue they are going to discuss. No diversity of thought or opinions just in labeling. It’s a fraud. For instance, if you had @JohnInCarolina and @dmw on a panel, one would self identify as a liberal democrat the other a republican. However, the republican would agree with the liberal on nearly everything. It’s a fraud. See? The panelist May be conservative on a particular issue, but not the one being discussed. 

How would you know this is the deception they’re practicing Pete, when you only watch Fox News?

Oh...
  • pgprescott
    Options
    HeavyG said:

How would you know this is the deception they’re practicing Pete, when you only watch Fox News?

Oh...
    Is this your version of name calling “light”? What I said is true and obvious.

1. Remove head from sand
    2. Open eyes
    3. Remove hands from ears. 

There you go. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Btw. The conservative shows use this tactic as well, but it’s ussually relegated to the side show opinion shows as opposed to SOP throughout the liberal networks. It’s obvious. People don’t get booked without knowing what they will say. 
  • DMW
    edited November 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    John does not deserve a troll flag for this. I've been very public here and on other social media platforms about my political standing. I voted straight ticket Republican until 2016. In 2016 I voted for every Libertarian on the ticket and Republicans otherwise. 

Tuesday I will join with many other Republicans and former Republicans, and vote straight ticket Democratic. I am grateful to Steve Schmidt, Charlie Sykes, Max Boot, Tom Nichols, Michael Gerson, Captain Chesley Sullenberger (Sully), David Frum and many other prominent voices that care about the future of our country and that of the Republican party.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    Don Lemon is sane !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    Jeff Sessions is not Ernie the Keebler Elf 
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Btw. The conservative shows use this tactic as well, but it’s ussually relegated to the side show opinion shows as opposed to SOP throughout the liberal networks. It’s obvious. People don’t get booked without knowing what they will say. 
    It sounds like you’ve really spent some time studying liberal networks and how they operate Pete.  You should pursue a degree in Navel Gazing.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    It sounds like you’ve really spent some time studying liberal networks and how they operate Pete.  You should pursue a degree in Navel Gazing.
    Great point. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Oprah and Will Ferrell are campaigning hard for Stacey Abrams here in Georgia. I am going to try and still enjoy Elf this year in spite of this. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DMW
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Oprah and Will Ferrell or campaigning hard for Stacey Abrams here in Georgia. I am going to try and still enjoy Elf this year in spite of this. 
    If I lived in Georgia I would be doing the same.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @SGH - I have been to two Brisket Camps and have yet to meet him.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    So that’s three out of five between us.  Plus I went to @henapple gathering and BBI. No show.  He’s the big foot of the forum. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Third nipples. 
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    DMW said:
    Oprah and Will Ferrell or campaigning hard for Stacey Abrams here in Georgia. I am going to try and still enjoy Elf this year in spite of this. 
    The same? As in campaigning for Abrams?

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    He’s real, but he’s also 85 years old.
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    Yes.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• johnkitchens
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Yes.
    Wow! I am glad you aren’t here. I don’t know why you think she would make a good governor. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Yes.
    Wow! I am glad you aren’t here. I don’t know why you think she would make a good governor. 
    She’s done such a great job managing her own finances, I’m surprised you don’t want her managing the state!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Kamado Joes are really just Big Green Eggs painted red.