Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just closed on a new house...

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy
    Congratulations ole buddy, you deserve it. I will swing by in the next few days.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    That is beautiful! When is the house trashing (warming) party?
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    definitely spend the money on a good hood, the oil misting out of a wok on a 25k burner is intense and the smoke inhalation from burning thai peppers in it will make you wish you died =) ive done that, dont do that
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Definitely not giving up my place on the river. Going to VRBO it and use it for event rentals. 
    Can I live there, take care of it and coordinate events? Sounds like a perfect retirement job to me.
    You will probably need a partner as I know Partie won't be moving.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    Congratulations Scott, beautiful place.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Botch said:
    Soooo jealous, Congrats!

Will be researching your wok equipment, I'd love to have something like that.  

I've never cooked in a wok but I'm damned and determined to learn how now that I'll have convenient BTUs. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I expected to spend s lot on the range but the cost of fridges is crazy
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    That’s one thing I could never get my arms around. Other that aesthetics, I didn’t see the purpose in a $10k+ fridge. If I paid $10k for a fridge, I’d be pissed off at myself every time I looked at it. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That’s one thing I could never get my arms around. Other that aesthetics, I didn’t see the purpose in a $10k+ fridge. If I paid $10k for a fridge, I’d be pissed off at myself every time I looked at it. 
    Money is an abstract construct relative to the spender's wealth and the intrinsic importance of the stuff they buy.  A wealthy person may consider a $10k fridge "cheap", and it may actually lower their property value.

I couldn't justify spending 10k on a fridge either.  But I wish I could.
    edited November 2018
    Options
    The question is... If I DON'T spend $10k on the fridge will my WIFE be pissed off at me every time SHE looks at it?

She was thoroughly un-amused when I suggested we just use the perfectly nice Jenn Air that's coming with the house. Suddenly she was suggesting I just use the electric stove!! Ahh marriage. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    By the way, I'm gonna get kicked out this neighborhood so fast. I'm not really made for public. And this is one of "those" neighborhoods. But my girls will LOVE growing up there and the investment is VERY solid at the price I got the house. But for real. They are gonna hate me.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Money is an abstract construct relative to the spender's wealth and the intrinsic importance of the stuff they buy.  A wealthy person may consider a $10k fridge "cheap", and it may actually lower their property value.

I couldn't justify spending 10k on a fridge either.  But I wish I could.

Your comment in picture form. Relative wealth explained with yachts
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    By the way, I'm gonna get kicked out this neighborhood so fast. I'm not really made for public. And this is one of "those" neighborhoods. But my girls will LOVE growing up there and the investment is VERY solid at the price I got the house. But for real. They are gonna hate me.
    HOA? 
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited November 2018
    Options
    HOA? 
    Nah, just gossiping women. Luckily, they can't literally kick me out or even have much to say about what I do. But if they could.....

Luckily my wife doesn't care about such things and I, for sure, don't.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    HOA? 
    Nah, just gossiping women. Luckily, they can't literally kick me out or even have much to say about what I do. But if they could.....

Desperate Housewives of Biloxi 
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    enjoy, nothing better than dropping hard coin on a house only to drop more on a remodel......it's like I just bought this wall, counter, appliance and now I'm junking it.........lol

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    HOA? 

Make sure you park the grocery cart out front.
    NOLA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    The question is... If I DON'T spend $10k on the fridge will my WIFE be pissed off at me every time SHE looks at it?

No your wife will be pissed off everytime she looks at you!  Haha. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    theres always a neighbor from hell, play that angle with the neighborhood and have a few beers with that neighbor
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Great looking house.  Congratulations!
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great spread Scott!  I grew up in FL.  The palms are mandatory and beautiful.  Congrats my friend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looking good brother. I’m happy for you and wife. Enjoy it brother. You more than deserve it👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JRWhitee
    Options
    Looking good Scott.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Looking good! 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Way to make it your own.  It's already beautiful, but can't wait to see your final touches!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Thatgrimguy
    Options

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Making headway
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    Options
    That's a beautiful house. I envy the space of most American homes. I can't grumble - my old, Edwardian house is considered a good size by London standards but it's still a squeeze when entertaining. 

Where is the house?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    TheToast said:
    That's a beautiful house. I envy the space of most American homes. I can't grumble - my old, Edwardian house is considered a good size by London standards but it's still a squeeze when entertaining. 

Where is the house?
    @t@TheToast got any pics?  I'm always curious to see homes across the pond.  

We're in a tiny house...1360 ft^2...I think I have more shop space than house.

Looking great, Scott!