Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Conspiracy Theories

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Legume said:
    Lit said:
    YukonRon said:
    Lit said:
    UCF is #12 with the nations longest winning streak
    Because they have not yet played a team, this year, with a record of .500 or better, and their schedule strength is in the triple digits.
    They don’t get to choose their schedule. 
    Agree.  12 is too generous.Temple just scored on them to take the lead.
    Temple took out #21 last week and we took them out by 12 points. Looks like your point is pretty worthless. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    We’ll probably stay atleast #12 since we won. Maybe only one or two loss teams will pass us. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Lit said:
    We’ll probably stay atleast #12 since we won. Maybe only one or two loss teams will pass us. 
    Certainly not a top 10 performance.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Lit said:
    Certainly not a top 10 performance.

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    What gets lost in the strength of schedule argument is how tough it is to go undefeated. UCF hasn’t been playing lights out football recently but is still winning. I’m good with this weeks 12 ranking, but we should move up a spot or two after the Saturday games this weekend. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Remember the 2007 Hawaii Warriors when they went undefeated with Colt Brennen?  Everyone complained about their BCS ranking.   They went to the Sugar Bowl and played the 2 loss Bulldogs and got annihilated.

Yeah, there's not much you can do about strength of schedule unless you do what TA&M did, change conferences. 
    Options
    Remember the 2007 Hawaii Warriors when they went undefeated with Colt Brennen?  Everyone complained about their BCS ranking.   They went to the Sugar Bowl and played the 2 loss Bulldogs and got annihilated.

Yeah, there's not much you can do about strength of schedule unless you do what TA&M did, change conferences. 
    quit your f'ing whining.  Your team has a chance to reshuffle the deck.  Looking forward to that game.  UK-GA, not looking forward.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Here’s one: Michael Jordan didn’t really quit the NBA to give baseball a shot, but rather was suspended by the commissioner for gambling.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    CNN, NY Times, Washington Post, ABC, CBS, NBC, USA Today, NPR, PBS and the other mainstream news media outlets are all unbiased, fair and do not espouse the liberal agenda.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CNN, NY Times, Washington Post, ABC, CBS, NBC, USA Today, NPR, PBS and the other mainstream news media outlets are all unbiased, fair and do not espouse the liberal agenda.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Those sensors on a auto flush urinal are actually micro cameras linked to a govt agency. They are the ones who flush when you walk away.  Social experiment  
    And I thought my job sucked.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Conspiracy theories are dumb, and sometimes the people who start them are even dumber:

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

And this chart was made by.......hmmm.
    Flint, Michigan
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

Bwwwaaa haaaa haaa haaaa.

this chart is exhibited 1 for those who wish to prove the bias. It simply takes a glance at the outlets desctibed as neutral to spit your coffee out. They are all heavily biased
    left. Heavily. Lol!!!!

Its like people are blind to their own biases. Lol.! Truly astounding. 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options

Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options

this chart is exhibited 1 for those who wish to prove the bias. It simply takes a glance at the outlets desctibed as neutral to spit your coffee out. They are all heavily biased
    left. Heavily. Lol!!!!

this chart is totally accurate....with regards to melania's shoe reporting
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

left. Heavily. Lol!!!!

Or perhaps the response to the chart is what reveals people's own bias.  

I am sure that if you eat a steady diet of say, Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity, that everything in the middle of the chart there appears to be pretty far to the left in terms of bias. 

Likewise for someone reading the Daily Kos every day, just about everything in the middle of that chart appears fairly conservative.  

There's much to be said for perspective, in other words.  
    Yep those guys are biased badly. Same as all the rest the other direction. What makes it worse is the left bias tried to hide for decades as unbiased. They are having trouble maintaining their stealth though. 😂 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    As an aside, my advice in general is to avoid watching cable news in any form.  I don’t care if it’s CNN, FOX, or MSNBC, it will rot your brain.  
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Moochelle is a woman...

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Rascal said:
    Moochelle is a woman...

Some of you folks really can’t help but expose yourselves with this kind of thing.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    edited November 2018
    Options
    As an aside, my advice in general is to avoid watching cable news in any form.  I don’t care if it’s CNN, FOX, or MSNBC, it will rot your brain.  
    but msnbc is funny =)

the real news is that the left reports about melania's shoes and the right reports about the left reporting about melania's shoes....pretty much sums up cable news
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options

A gmail account? Really? C’mon man. 
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Rascal said:
    Moochelle is a woman...

Some of you folks really can’t help but expose yourselves with this kind of thing.  
    Try LensCrafters!!~~
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    The Mighty Boilermakers will win the NCAA football national championship.

Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Rascal said:
    Moochelle is a woman...

Disagreeing with political policy positions is one thing. Defaming a former First Lady is quite another.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

A gmail account? Really? C’mon man. 
    It's a PBC (Public Benefit Corporation) out of Colorado.  If you want to take issue with the chart on the merits, that's one thing.  But criticizing them for making use of a free Google service seems like pretty weak sauce.   Many non-profits do just that.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Rascal said:
    Rascal said:
    Moochelle is a woman...

Try LensCrafters!!~~
    Try taking the hood off.  
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Flint, Michigan