Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,514
    Options
    @U_tarded money shot for the win.  Great cook right there with the protein.  No skill set with the spinach ..but are you sure it's Popeye's favorite??  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Never underestimate the power of SPAM....

On fresh white bread, mustard, and raw onion. That was a "snow day" lunch when I was a kid.

I do not care what others think - I love it.
    Enjoy!
    Yep. Fried crispy on white bread with loads of mayo. Heart healthy. I introduced it to the family tonight after softball. 2 of the 3 kids loved it. The one that didn't had her mind made up before she even tasted it and the wife wouldn't even consider it. They'll outlive us for sure. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Botch said:
    4 lbs cut. 

20 to go. 

If you made those even slices with a handheld knife, hat's off to you, Sir!!!  
    Yes sir. 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    You think I was joking?
    Ron....must be a ruff night. $12 Cline Cab? You are in my league now.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    You think I was joking?
    Ron....must be a ruff night. $12 Cline Cab? You are in my league now.
    My neighbors brought it over. We combined all the candy in one huge vat. We drank whut you brung....very fun night.
    I have always maintained, the best wine I have ever had, is the wine shared with friends.
    Even @Jeremiah boxed wines.......

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,370
    Options
    PETA showed up at the BBQ Festival in Lexington, NC last week.  The mascot pig kinda trolled them.  Haha.  

Kinda reminds me of the time we went to Texas De Brazil and aPETA protester came in and started shouting. The entire restaurant started yelling back, "We eat Meat!"
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,370
    Options
    Also, I am drinking a rum and coke while watching Live PD 
    Las Vegas, NV

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @U_tarded money shot for the win.  Great cook right there with the protein.  No skill set with the spinach ..but are you sure it's Popeye's favorite??  ;)
    It’s really good, but butter heavy cream, Asiago cheese and garlic can never be bad can it? 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    some grilled lamb kabobs, etc

Options
    Henrik is sporting an 80s beard trim.  I told him he needs to airbrush a sword brandishing knight riding a unicorn on his van.
    Options
    SWMBO is out of town doing an expert witness gig for a trial.
    Options
    I once got a ticket for going 25 in a 15.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I once got a ticket for going 25 in a 15.   
    Be extra careful tonight....watch for Trick-or-Treaters. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Already dreading the drive home from work.....

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    I dread it every morning. After working 13 hours a night, it’s a rough haul for sure. I’m not young and tough anymore.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Turkey fillet and some veg
    Grilled yellow squash is the bomb. I like it with steak seasoning and cut thick

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Gotta get pickles on that spam sandwich @Sea2Ski

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Turkey fillet and some veg
    Grilled yellow squash is the bomb. I like it with steak seasoning and cut thick
    That’s exactly what I did. Fairly heavy Steak seasoning @1/4-1/2” thick. Delicious!
  • GATraveller
    Options
    SGH said:
    I dread it every morning. After working 13 hours a night, it’s a rough haul for sure. I’m not young and tough anymore.  
    I hear ya.  Getting old isn't for the weak!!  
    Not sure how it is your side of Biloxi but in Atlanta (where traffic sucks on a good day) on Halloween it locks up around 1pm with everyone trying to get home for the trick or treaters.  

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    picking up candy, just saw that necco will be making wafers again...woohoo =)

#whothehelleatscandycorn
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Gotta get pickles on that spam sandwich @Sea2Ski
    Got to keep that in mind.  That sounds like a great addition.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Been listening to The Joe Rogan Experience podcast on Stitcher.  The two guests are Peter Boghossian and James Lindsay.  They're two professors who write bogus articles about bogus studies to see if they can get them published in Academic Journals.  By doing so. they intend to point out the total absurdity of academia and what our children are being exposed to at Universities.  Amazingly entertaining!!! 
    Spoiler:  One of the articles rewrote "Mein Kampf" substituting the word "Jew" with "White Male"........only got rejected because they wrote it from the perspective of a white lesbian who hated her whiteness and the review board said it "positioned her as a good white".  

Below is the podcast on YouTube.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZZNvT1vaJg

Also included an article on them.
    https://areomagazine.com/2018/10/02/academic-grievance-studies-and-the-corruption-of-scholarship/

Worth a listen/read.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Got a couple of these glasses as a gift from Mexico. Looks a bit empty with a 10 Oz bottle of beer in it!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    What’s a 10oz bottle of beer?  Is that half-metric or something?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    Legume said:
    What’s a 10oz bottle of beer?  Is that half-metric or something?
    its a brittish half pint
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Been listening to The Joe Rogan Experience podcast on Stitcher.  The two guests are Peter Boghossian and James Lindsay.  They're two professors who write bogus articles about bogus studies to see if they can get them published in Academic Journals.  By doing so. they intend to point out the total absurdity of academia and what our children are being exposed to at Universities.  Amazingly entertaining!!! 
    Spoiler:  One of the articles rewrote "Mein Kampf" substituting the word "Jew" with "White Male"........only got rejected because they wrote it from the perspective of a white lesbian who hated her whiteness and the review board said it "positioned her as a good white".  

Below is the podcast on YouTube.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZZNvT1vaJg

Also included an article on them.
    https://areomagazine.com/2018/10/02/academic-grievance-studies-and-the-corruption-of-scholarship/

Worth a listen/read.
    It's one thing to challenge academic research, that's part of the process.  It's another, entirely, to help perpetuate the idea that academia is "fake" and education harmful.   These tropes are not helpful in this day and age.