Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• Selling stuff on Ebay  

Anyone interested in an all electric homebrew beer rig? Pumps, mill, all of it you need to brew except ingredients

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• JRWhitee said:
    Time for some Football

Their nachos are money too! One of my favorite places to go anytime we are passing through Newnan, GA.
    LBGE
    AL
  • Series 4 Apple Watch.  =)
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    A sixer of beer and a tub and lid for my anova sous vide.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited September 2018
    YEMTrey said:
    a tub and lid for my anova sous vide.

I wish someone would make a domed lid so the lid doesn’t drip water everywhere when you take it off. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    YEMTrey said:

I wish someone would make a domed lid so the lid doesn’t drip water everywhere when you take it off. 
    you know how some CI DO's have little nubbins on the underside of the lid?

I wonder if you took a hot glue gun, and made spiky nubs with the glue on the underside of these lids, it would help the condensate drip down into the tub?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DoubleEgger
    edited September 2018
    caliking said:
    YEMTrey said:

I wonder if you took a hot glue gun, and made spiky nubs with the glue on the underside of these lids, it would help the condensate drip down into the tub?
    Report back and let me know.  =) 

Remember “ I’m Done With Sous Vide”  ;)
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    just float bubble wrap on the water and slip the foodsavers in and out without removing it. there is no reason for a real lid
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking

Report back and let me know.  =) 

Remember “ I’m Done With Sous Vide”  ;)
    just float bubble wrap on the water and slip the foodsavers in and out without removing it. there is no reason for a real lid
    This. I use the air-pacs that come in the Amazon boxes, and they work just fine. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    For just a 2 or 3  hour session why even bother with any sort of covering?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    HeavyG said:

They dont like steam. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    HeavyG said:

They dont like steam. 
    Well that's kind of funny.

Never had that problem with mine tho.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Got me a new 12" lodge cast iron skillet

Also bought some 1.5" ribeyes to sear off in the aforementioned skillet, they are getting a bath first 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @kl8ton   @TideEggHead  

Thanks for the compliments on the truck. I bought the Ram’s version of the weather tech floor mats. They have the rams head logo.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Score on that Weber! @shtgunal3
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    A newspaper. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @kl8ton that’s the 1st one I’ve ever owned. Couldn’t pass it up and look forward to cooking on it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    shtgunal3 said:
    $99.00
    Truly a timeless classic and the grill that basically started it all. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caliking
    shtgunal3 said:
    $99.00
    Score!

• caliking
    HeavyG said:
    For the longer SV cooks e.g. pork ribs, beef ribs, brisket. It’s easier to cover than remember to top up the water every 8hrs or so. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    JRWhitee said:
    Waffle house
    Waffle House at 11:30? You're drunk, congrats.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited September 2018
    Glocks. 3 Glock 19X's and a Glock 26.5
    l'm good for now. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Mickey said:
    l'm good for now. 

@Mickey Silly question from someone who lives in a country where we are not allowed hand guns, but why do you need 3 of the same gun?
  • New chairs for the home theatre. Football season is in full effect
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    A Sonos Beam...Alexa integrated sound bar. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited September 2018
    Eoin said:
    Mickey said:
    l'm good for now. 

@Mickey Silly question from someone who lives in a country where we are not allowed hand guns, but why do you need 3 of the same gun?
    This “newest” Glock 19X is a soft shooting 9mm gun that my wife can hit with in the 20 to 30 foot range ( ideal for home).  So I keep one at the bed side, one at the kitchen in the front area of the house. One in her van console (large console). This gun is rather large and not pocketable. I keep a smaller Glock 26 (gen 5) in my Toyota pick-up console as that will go in a pocket when need it. Also use it to travel with as smaller and holds both 10 and 15 round mag. Sounds like a lot but at my age and traveling as much as we do I just do not want any crap. 
    My Texas lic allows my carrie everywhere in the USA except California, the far North West and far North East. When traveling those areas I keep it locked in a box and no problems. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DoubleEgger
    Eoin said:
    Mickey said:
    l'm good for now. 

One in each hand and a backup 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Eoin said:
    Mickey said:
    l'm good for now. 

One in each hand and a backup 
    How much training do you need to leap through the air firing a gun in each hand. Looks easy in the movies.