Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hurricane Florence: OT

Options

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Options

Where is your chair and paddle?

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited September 2018
    Options

You’d think with his a$$ impediment he’d float on his inflatable donut 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options

Next to his Flagpole.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Next to his Flagpole.
    The one with no flag? I can't believe the Gamecocks canceled the game tis weekend!!!! Wimps!!!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Next to his Flagpole.
    The one with no flag? I can't believe the Gamecocks canceled the game tis weekend!!!! Wimps!!!

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Next to his Flagpole.

I knew that would bring you out! :)

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    thetrim said:

When Hurricane Florence passes and @bucky925 posts that all is well at Dan Nichols Park.  
    I will do a live feed from DNP tomorrow on the way to date night!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• northGAcock
    Options
    Been busy this evening preparing for a hurricane. Did some searing on the MM....will likly be out of commission the next several days. Brought a few things in and picked up the dog **** in the yard. Bring on Flo.

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Flo would have washed the dog S$&# away, stay safe brother.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Been busy this evening preparing for a hurricane. Did some searing on the MM....will likly be out of commission the next several days. Brought a few things in and picked up the dog **** in the yard. Bring on Flo.
    Hope you have plenty of spice-pumpkin latte mix to help get you through.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    Options
    No....I had an iced one a couple weeks back. Prolly good for a couple more by Halloween. I’m mostly a tea dranker these days. Big day tomorrow. Got to get some sleep. Y’all have a good night.

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    No....I had an iced one a couple weeks back. Prolly good for a couple more by Halloween. I’m mostly a tea dranker these days. Big day tomorrow. Got to get some sleep. Y’all have a good night.
    Nite Nite Buttercup!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Be careful, because the oil you fry your wings in will splatter in the rain!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Be careful, because the oil you fry your wings in will splatter in the rain!
    His wings are losers.  Not fried. Build a wall!
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    It's not that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing. I say God bless him, he is trying to clean up the gene pool.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited September 2018
    Options
    While the storm is still a severe threat, luckily is has died down considerably. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    Whilethe storm is still a severe threat, luckily is has died down considerably. 
    That's great the wind speed went down, but when it did, it doubled in size and has the same kinetic energy as the higher speed storm.  But worse, it's staying just off the shore, moving slowly with a storm surge of a higher category storm, stretching, like a proverbial anus, the destructive potential. 

Hope the best for the Carolinas and other areas.

Sounds like they are pretty prepared other than some exercises of free will by some folks in the mandatory evacuation areas.
    Options

Projected rainfall for some of the areas over the next few days is looking to be "tremendously wet".

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    i always feel bad for folks in areas hit hard by these incredible storms  for the egg nation members displaying generosity id like to say it is super inspiring.

honestly, i can say that i feel like a big jerk complaining about my so called problems. i dont have to evacuate or worry about being swept away in a flood this weekend.    

ill be dontaing to the Red Cross tomorrow and saying prayers and sending good mental energy to the areas affected.

i know material things can be replaced but people cant so i hope all affected have minimal...meaning zero. loss of loved ones.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options

Here is the latest forecast for us mountain folks, or ground is already soaked so the rain is not a good thing because of falling trees = down power lines! We get 25-35 MPH ++ winds all the time but not with 6"-12" of rain. I will keep ya updated as needed. We have the Motor Home ready if we need to leave the house.

http://asheweather.com/Forecast/West+Jefferson

The coast is certainly getting hammered, prayers for all who stayed.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• milesvdustin
    Options
    Someone went and out a new flag on that frying pan place  

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Things are still pretty calm here in Durham.  Some light wind, not much of any rain.  This thing might go right around us, which is nuts.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Pat Robertson is here with me in Richmond.  We prayed it away from Richmond. See proof below...

Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    1voyager said:
    Here’s the best webcam I’ve found so far...

https://www.obxcams.com/hiltongardeninn

North of landfall...
    Thanks for the link. I watched four people walk by the Kitty Hawk Pier a few minutes ago!
    @Lit  Off topic? How is that off topic? The Hilton Garden Inn webcam was showing the Kitty Hawk pier when I watched it.
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Pat Robertson is here with me in Richmond.  We prayed it away from Richmond. See proof below...

Or is Trump stronger willed than a hurricane? 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Things are still pretty calm here in Durham.  Some light wind, not much of any rain.  This thing might go right around us, which is nuts.

Be thankful my friend! hopefully she will go around ya.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    JethroVA said:

Or is Trump stronger willed than a hurricane? 
    He certainly has more hot air.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    1voyager said:
    1voyager said:
    Here’s the best webcam I’ve found so far...

https://www.obxcams.com/hiltongardeninn

North of landfall...
    Thanks for the link. I watched four people walk by the Kitty Hawk Pier a few minutes ago!
    @Lit  Off topic? How is that off topic? The Hilton Garden Inn webcam was showing the Kitty Hawk pier when I watched it.
    Probably just a butt-dial type thing.  Lot of us here have fat thumbs from eating so much MEAT.