Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Apparently this device cleans tailpipes.
    Options
    I thought this thread might have some longevity. What the heck was I thinking? 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I thought this thread might have some longevity. What the heck was I thinking? 
    Whatchya talkin bout double-dealdo?
    Options

Signal Mountain, TN
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Ordered a generator from Amazon Prime.  It’s set to show up about a week after the hurricane passes, so at least I’ll be prepared for the next 100-year storm.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ordered a generator from Amazon Prime.  It’s set to show up about a week after the hurricane passes, so at least I’ll be prepared for the next 100-year storm.
    Better keep a close eye on it. They (thieves) will lift if from you in a minute.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    What did you end up buying?
    I have researched the multi fuel looking for something with good reviews that could run on propane or natural gas that was portable. Not looking for whole house power.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TideEggHead
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    What did you end up buying?
    I have researched the multi fuel looking for something with good reviews that could run on propane or natural gas that was portable. Not looking for whole house power.
    Also have been looking at the dual fuel portable generators, I meant to buy one last year but ended up waiting. I am curious as to what you bought/have been looking at.
    LBGE
    AL
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I have the Honda 2200 ie.....It can be converted for alternative fuel sources. As some may know, i recently purchased my third one as my other two disappeared. These guys are quiet and more than meet my needs tailgating. They are about 50lbs but fairly mobile. There may be cheaper options out there....but not sure you will find a better one. All the best with your search.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • BizGreenEgg
    Options
    9 HP glycol chiller.  500 sq. ft. walk in cooler.  Stickers.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Nothing today but I'll be purchasing some peach chips or chunks in the next day or two for a BB cook sometime in the next few days.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I have the Honda 2200 ie.....It can be converted for alternative fuel sources. As some may know, i recently purchased my third one as my other two disappeared. These guys are quiet and more than meet my needs tailgating. They are about 50lbs but fairly mobile. There may be cheaper options out there....but not sure you will find a better one. All the best with your search.
    Excellent choice. I have one to cover my garage freezer and for portability.
    And I might bite the bullet and just buy EU7000 series for piece of mind.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    I've got an EU2000i I bought a few years ago. Have been intending to convert it to also run on propane but never got around to it. Gonna have to bump that up the To Do list.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TideEggHead
    Options
    I'd love to get a honda generator, I love my honda push mower. 1k for the 2200 is steep though, geez! I don't know if I can swing that kind of cash right now!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Bananas, Benadryl, and lettuce.

Grabbed a bag of twizzlers too, because a (27 year old) kid at work who reports to me said he never drank a soda through twizzlers before.  <shaking head> 
    Not that it is that great, but I feel everyone should experience that at least one time in their life. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • SandyHookEgger
    Options
    A new deep well pump.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    A new deep well pump.
    Love the Wilton bullet. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Love the Wilton bullet. 
    You know you’re about to get screwed when you see one of those. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Landscaping edging.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Love the Wilton bullet. 
    Fun to watch, but a very expensive show!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Jeremiah said:

Love the Wilton bullet. 
    Fun to watch, but a very expensive show!
    Yes sir. I had a well dug solely for the irrigation system. I got transferred 60 days later. Never even turned it on. That was $4500 wasted money. 
  • lentsboy007
    Options
    Had to buy a fire grate for LBGE yesterday , cracked in half after 7+ years 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Getting quotes for replacing some retaining walls with block and stone veneer.  How much can I get for a kidney these days? 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SandyHookEgger
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Love the Wilton bullet. 
    @Jeremiah is a Wilton Bullet his haircut or the truck set up?
    @DoubleEgger he relieved me of $1346 for the pump replacement. 263 feet deep the well is. Now I know all about gpm at what depth a 3/4 hp motor can deliver. Next week I won’t remember anything about it except a shot of 4 Roses Single Barrel eases the $ pain quite well.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @SandyHookEgger it’s the vise mounted to his bumper. Older ones are collector items. I have one that needs restoration. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Diapers. Amazon is the best. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Beer and wine, just because as I am not close to the low-level alarm for either.  Bourbon stock could reasonably be considered well above the high-level set-point but that's a whole 'nother issue.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.