Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT--- 35th Anniversary Release Date of Apocalypse Now --OT

The_Stache
The_Stache Posts: 1,153
Will be watching tonight AND the directors cut!!

Seriously curious movie that garnered thoughts for still many years!!
Kirkland, TN
2 LBGE, 1 MM

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited August 2018
    I think Micky Hart (Grateful Dead Drummer) did much of the work on the soundtrack.

https://youtu.be/I3vL8jkuHs8

https://youtu.be/ocxMFoocxSw
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Probably one of the more prominent anti-war movies made in the US.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I watch very few movies, but this one made a very deep impression on me.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JohnInCarolina
    Is it on tonight? What channel?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I need to find my Redux DVD
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I have the old school version on DVD, something like 3 + hours long.  I pull it out once in a while. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• On of my favs. But I really think the director’s cut sucks.  The French plantation scene is horrible , the playboy bunny medi-vac scene is stupid (yes I know there is nudity but it’s not worth it ) and seeing Willard grin like a little boy after stealing the surfboard takes away from his character .  Just my two cents . Music that plays when Willard reads the case file on the boat always gives me chills . 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• I meant the Redux

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2018
    I just checked Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Hulu. It’s not playing in a single one of them either. Kind of strange it being the shows anniversary.   

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    SGH said:
    I just checked Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Hulu. It’s not playing in a single one of them either. Kind of strange it being the shows anniversary.   
    Just buy it on regular Amazon little buddy.  What with all the MAGA dollar bills flying out of your anus these days, what's a few more?   
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    SGH said:
    Just buy it on regular Amazon little buddy.  What with all the MAGA dollar bills flying out of your anus these days, what's a few more?   
    I have it on DVD. Just thought it was strange that it wasn’t running on TV or any of the streaming channels on its anniversary. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    I have it on DVD. Just thought it was strange that it wasn’t running on TV or any of the streaming channels on its anniversary. 
    Trump just hasn’t made inroads with the network execs my friend.   Give him another year, and Trump TV will be on every station and it will be non-stop re-runs of The Apprentice and Apocalypse Now, mixed in with commercials for extra sharp razor blades.  If you’re not in hog heaven yet man, just wait.  
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    ...always wanted one of those boats...

I still put heart of darkness quotes on my disc golf discs...

”kill them... AND EAT THEM!!!”

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534

Lawrenceville, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    ...always wanted one of those boats...

I still put heart of darkness quotes on my disc golf discs...

”kill them... AND EAT THEM!!!”

Conrad would be proud.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Movie has some iconic scenes, but overall meh.  Starship Troopers, now that is a movie!!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Movie has some iconic scenes, but overall meh.  Starship Troopers, now that is a movie!!

Denise Richards, That is all..

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Movie has some iconic scenes, but overall meh.  Super Troopers, now that is a movie!!
    FTFY,

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• rtgurley
    rtgurley Posts: 44
    According to this, the movie was released in 1979 (39 years ago).  That would probably explain why it can't be found on it's anniversary.  39 years isn't that significant.
    XL BGE 
    Saints fan stuck in Dallas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    rtgurley said:
    According to this, the movie was released in 1979 (39 years ago).  That would probably explain why it can't be found on it's anniversary.  39 years isn't that significant.
     It would appear the above is accurate.. 2014 was 35th anniversary.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/telluride-francis-ford-coppola-spills-729281
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    rtgurley said:
     It would appear the above is accurate.. 2014 was 35th anniversary.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/telluride-francis-ford-coppola-spills-729281
    D’oh!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    i watched the 1 year anniversary of trailer park shark instead =)  really like the really bad movies, should of recorded it to see it again........This is for my big brown Dukey!  
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    edited August 2018
    rtgurley said:

It's not 2014?  My, how time flies!!!

You, sir, are correct!! It was the 39th anniversary!  I stand corrected!  But still watched the movie last night!! 

Maybe next year (40th) it will get some TV time!!  That way we can watch it and all of the "wonderful" commercials and a 5 hour version with commercials!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Don't feel bad @The_Stache, @JohnInCarolina is living in 2014 too. 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125

Denise Richards, That is all..
    Wild Things... Oh yeah 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Wild Things is a piece of cinematic beauty!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95