Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT--- 35th Anniversary Release Date of Apocalypse Now --OT

The_StacheThe_Stache Posts: 1,014
Will be watching tonight AND the directors cut!!

Seriously curious movie that garnered thoughts for still many years!!

In a full time state of entropious nebulinity as Head Brewmeister and Chief Flatulator @ Rancho Loco Brewery and Flatutorium, Kirkland, TN

Comments

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,542
    Nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,504
    edited August 16
    I think Micky Hart (Grateful Dead Drummer) did much of the work on the soundtrack.

Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 13,064
    Probably one of the more prominent anti-war movies made in the US.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• BotchBotch Posts: 7,019
    I watch very few movies, but this one made a very deep impression on me.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    Is it on tonight? What channel?
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,128
    I need to find my Redux DVD
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 1,242
    I have the old school version on DVD, something like 3 + hours long.  I pull it out once in a while. 

Live fast. die young, and leave a well marbled corps. 
  • On of my favs. But I really think the director’s cut sucks.  The French plantation scene is horrible , the playboy bunny medi-vac scene is stupid (yes I know there is nudity but it’s not worth it ) and seeing Willard grin like a little boy after stealing the surfboard takes away from his character .  Just my two cents . Music that plays when Willard reads the case file on the boat always gives me chills . 
  • I meant the Redux
  • SGHSGH Posts: 25,427
    edited August 17
    I just checked Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Hulu. It’s not playing in a single one of them either. Kind of strange it being the shows anniversary.   

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
    SGH said:
    I just checked Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Hulu. It’s not playing in a single one of them either. Kind of strange it being the shows anniversary.   
    Just buy it on regular Amazon little buddy.  What with all the MAGA dollar bills flying out of your anus these days, what's a few more?   

• SGHSGH Posts: 25,427
    SGH said:
    Just buy it on regular Amazon little buddy.  What with all the MAGA dollar bills flying out of your anus these days, what's a few more?   
    I have it on DVD. Just thought it was strange that it wasn’t running on TV or any of the streaming channels on its anniversary. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    I have it on DVD. Just thought it was strange that it wasn’t running on TV or any of the streaming channels on its anniversary. 
    Trump just hasn’t made inroads with the network execs my friend.   Give him another year, and Trump TV will be on every station and it will be non-stop re-runs of The Apprentice and Apocalypse Now, mixed in with commercials for extra sharp razor blades.  If you’re not in hog heaven yet man, just wait.  

• MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 2,234
    ...always wanted one of those boats...

I still put heart of darkness quotes on my disc golf discs...

”kill them... AND EAT THEM!!!”

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• buzzvolbuzzvol Posts: 364

Lawrenceville, GA
    ...always wanted one of those boats...

I still put heart of darkness quotes on my disc golf discs...

”kill them... AND EAT THEM!!!”

Conrad would be proud.

• Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,137
    Movie has some iconic scenes, but overall meh.  Starship Troopers, now that is a movie!!
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 1,657
    Movie has some iconic scenes, but overall meh.  Starship Troopers, now that is a movie!!

Denise Richards, That is all..

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 6,143
    Movie has some iconic scenes, but overall meh.  Super Troopers, now that is a movie!!
    FTFY,

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• rtgurleyrtgurley Posts: 39
    According to this, the movie was released in 1979 (39 years ago).  That would probably explain why it can't be found on it's anniversary.  39 years isn't that significant.
    XL BGE 
    Saints fan stuck in Dallas
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,137
    rtgurley said:
    According to this, the movie was released in 1979 (39 years ago).  That would probably explain why it can't be found on it's anniversary.  39 years isn't that significant.
     It would appear the above is accurate.. 2014 was 35th anniversary.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/telluride-francis-ford-coppola-spills-729281
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
    rtgurley said:
     It would appear the above is accurate.. 2014 was 35th anniversary.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/telluride-francis-ford-coppola-spills-729281
    D’oh!

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,876
    i watched the 1 year anniversary of trailer park shark instead =)  really like the really bad movies, should of recorded it to see it again........This is for my big brown Dukey!  
  • The_StacheThe_Stache Posts: 1,014
    edited August 17
    rtgurley said:

It's not 2014?  My, how time flies!!!

You, sir, are correct!! It was the 39th anniversary!  I stand corrected!  But still watched the movie last night!! 

Maybe next year (40th) it will get some TV time!!  That way we can watch it and all of the "wonderful" commercials and a 5 hour version with commercials!

In a full time state of entropious nebulinity as Head Brewmeister and Chief Flatulator @ Rancho Loco Brewery and Flatutorium, Kirkland, TN

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 7,000
    Don't feel bad @The_Stache, @JohnInCarolina is living in 2014 too. 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,793

Denise Richards, That is all..
    Wild Things... Oh yeah 

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 7,000
    Wild Things is a piece of cinematic beauty!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95