Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Lambo posts and a thought-Ever bought a make of a car when that was first time you drove it?

Comments

• I jus had to have this one

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    The car I regret parting ways with was because of a nice tight burning engine fire in a 1970 911 Targa.  Bought second hand in 1974-up in smoke in 2003 (305K on the clock).  Driving with youngest son  and while passing a semi I start losing power.  Glance in the rear-view mirror and here's this nice probably 1 1/2-2" diameter  foot high primarily blue flame.  Pulled over (after falling behind the truck), turned it off-grabbed the fire extinguisher and got the fire out...way too late.  Insurance graveyard. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Anyone have one they almost sold but didn’t, and glad they still have it.  I have an 89 560sl.  It mostly sits in the garage.  I’ve owned it about 20 years. I almost sold it 10 years ago.  I’m glad I didn’t.  It isn’t worth a lot (Mercedes made about 2 zillion in that body style), but it is fun to drive and my wife loves it. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • The hummer mrs flyover gave me is somethin I was sorry to see go away.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    The hummer mrs flyover gave me is somethin I was sorry to see go away.
    What did you pay for that hummer originally?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Legume said:
    I'm going to guess arranged, so something like 10 goats, 2 cows, 50 chickens, an old shopping cart and a trailer of hay.
  • I bought my truck off a radio ad over the phone without ever seeing it and never having driven one. They had 2 black ones, a white one and a maroon. I told them to clean up the nicest black one and I would be there in an hour. Showed up and was out of there in 30 minutes. Best truck I’ve ever had. I was in Dallas for work in Janell’s car and had to fly her up to drive her car home. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • And like @dmw I bought a 2014 Civic the same way 6 months ago for my oldest son. Was in Waco (100 miles from me). We bought over the phone and picked it up 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Bought a Lexus ES 350 in 97 after the first drive. Went shopping for a Camry but the place was a zoo, walked next door to the Lexus dealer. It’s been Lexus ever since. 
  • FlyOverCountry
    FlyOverCountry Posts: 665
    edited August 2018
    Legume said:
    It was free that was the hole trick.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    edited August 2018
    GrillSgt said:
    Bought a Lexus ES 350 in 97 after the first drive. Went shopping for a Camry but the place was a zoo, walked next door to the Lexus dealer. It’s been Lexus ever since. 
    That's good to hear....  This caught my eye yesterday:
    https://www.kbb.com/cars-for-sale/491445223/?totalresults=3&index=0&atcmake=lexus&searchtype=all&zipcode=&distance=75&bodystyle=convert&year=2010-2020

Tomorrow the dealers are closed (church/state decree) so I may drive 20 miles south and look it over (without having a salesman dangling the keys in front of my face).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Lexus service is over the top. I was near Columbus OH visiting a daughter and car quit (don’t remember why). Lexus dealer came out to tow us in, brought a loaner, told us if we needed to take it back to Lexington (KY) that they would bring the car to us and pick up the loaner.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    Anyone have one they almost sold but didn’t, and glad they still have it.  I have an 89 560sl.  It mostly sits in the garage.  I’ve owned it about 20 years. I almost sold it 10 years ago.  I’m glad I didn’t.  It isn’t worth a lot (Mercedes made about 2 zillion in that body style), but it is fun to drive and my wife loves it. 
    I have a 1980 450 SL that I drive occasionally. 

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    @SGH- not even that Money Wagon??  No surprise with the muhle purchase!
    True story here. I bought the Money Wagon without even seeing it. I owned it outright 8 days before I even laid eyes on it. I found it on the internet and had my local Ford dealer take delivery of it for me. I paid for it up front and when it arrived in MS it stayed at the Ford dealer for a few days while they added a few extras to the truck that they agreed to throw in if I paid cash for the truck. I’m 54 years old and that’s the first time that I have been able to do something like that in my life. The fact that I had been working for SHELL oil the previous 7 months was the only reason I could swing it. 
    Scottie @SGH , your boy, Pres Trump made it all possible, brother!!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    That’s a better thread... what was the car you regret letting go? 
     Mine was a 86 f250 302 $3k paint job dual exhaust. My first truck all the rest since I have never looked back but that one man o man

I bought two cars that I hadnt even drove before they made me drive them.  Im not a car guy AT ALL so to me they really dont matter that much.

However I have sold an Isuzu Pup I wish I still had and I wish I wouldnt have let the Mrs be my good conscious when I almost bought a 67 Karman Ghia Convertable.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    YukonRon said:
    Moto Guzzi, Moto Guzzi. First ride purchase, vehicle I hated letting go.
    Interesting!  I still have my 1971 LAPD Guzzi Eldo with the original friction siren.  It's old but not too slow.  Probably need to change the tires some day!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    I bought my current 2011 4Runner after a quick test drive, only 65k miles on it so far.  Though I pretty much knew I wanted a 4Runner so my mind was made up.

Just picked up a new car for my wife last week, she’s a little harder to shop for.  Ended up with the newer version of her last car so this is the first time I’ve bought another of the same make/model.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    1voyager said:
    1982 Mercedes 240D. 

Great tank of a car. Massive engine (not) enabled it to go from zero to sixty in five minutes.  ;)
    Cut my teeth on those oil burners. All true but hard to kill.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    The classic German taxi, mustard yellow and preferably with chrome arch trims and maybe a German eagle on the hubcaps. Hard to kill because diesels were diesels - slow and dirty but economical and indestructible.
  • Botch
    Yesterday I drove down to Wood's Cross and looked at the Lexus IS350c, and it was an "F Sport" model, too! (didn't mention that in the ad).  2015 with less than 9,000 miles on it; I wrote an email to the dealer via KBB and asked, "In a nutshell, can you tell me why it has such low miles?"  Got an email back, "Hi, I'm Doofus, and I've been assigned to you; what questions do you have?"  Not off to a shining start here....
    Sitting next to it was a 2016 Jaguar F-Type, "R" version (supercharged V-8) with equally low miles.  More expensive, but I can swing it, and that machine is the most beautiful thing on 4 wheels.   But damn, 15 mpg probably, and new tires every other month...   

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Eoin said:
    The classic German taxi, mustard yellow and preferably with chrome arch trims and maybe a German eagle on the hubcaps. Hard to kill because diesels were diesels - slow and dirty but economical and indestructible.
    Coach work was exceptional as well.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    @Botch you don't have to get the super gooey performance tires.  My tires last me 25k, they are ultra performance summer.  I try to take it easy on tires until they are almost worn out, then I go nuts.  Remember you don't go faster when they are spinning...
    Botch said:
    Sitting next to it was a 2016 Jaguar F-Type, "R" version (supercharged V-8) with equally low miles.  More expensive, but I can swing it, and that machine is the most beautiful thing on 4 wheels.   But damn, 15 mpg probably, and new tires every other month...   

You are complaining about an extremely nice and fast sports car getting 15miles per gallon and needing new tires that will run you probably $250 each semi frequently. Hope you don’t ever want a Ferrari cause I’m pretty sure they get about 8mpg and each tire costs about $1,500. Haha just joking have fun with that beautiful car.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    GlennM said:
    I have a 1980 450 SL that I drive occasionally. 

Very nice - here is mine. 

My dog loves to take a drive with the top down! 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @Botch - window of opportunity right there.  Enjoy the new wheels.  When you buy it the thrill of the drive will far out-weigh the thought of the gas mileage and even the tires. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Botch said:
    Yesterday I drove down to Wood's Cross and looked at the Lexus IS350c, and it was an "F Sport" model, too! (didn't mention that in the ad).  2015 with less than 9,000 miles on it; I wrote an email to the dealer via KBB and asked, "In a nutshell, can you tell me why it has such low miles?"  Got an email back, "Hi, I'm Doofus, and I've been assigned to you; what questions do you have?"  Not off to a shining start here....

Do it, do it, do it!
  • nolaegghead
    @Botch - you can't take it with you, right?  Live a little.  Or a lot.
    Sold a 1972 Buick GS ragtop in order to buy an engagement ring. Still have the girl but should have kept the car. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Botch
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    You are complaining about an extremely nice and fast sports car getting 15miles per gallon and needing new tires that will run you probably $250 each semi frequently. 
    I'm trying to talk myself out of it!   ;)

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Botch said:
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    You are complaining about an extremely nice and fast sports car getting 15miles per gallon and needing new tires that will run you probably $250 each semi frequently. 
    I'm trying to talk myself out of it!   ;)
    That is a one way conversation and you know it.
    Give it up already and write the check. Then post more pictures.

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.