Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For you dog lovers.....Yeit is going to bring you the $50 dog bowl.....

Options
2»

Comments

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    I am a degenerate fanboy of Yeti. When I saw the email earlier the only reason I could think to buy a few of those was to piss off my wife. Instead I ordered this:
     https://www.titosvodka.com/store/vfdp-dog-bowl.html
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I have a couple of matching stainless bowls. About $12 the pair. They look nice, they don't leak and they have non-skid rings around the bottom. If he gets cranky about it, I'll just get a marker and write All-Clad on them. I love my dog and I want him to be proud of his dinnerware... but I'm not stupid. =) 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,305
    Options
    I have a couple of matching stainless bowls. About $12 the pair. They look nice, they don't leak and they have non-skid rings around the bottom. If he gets cranky about it, I'll just get a marker and write All-Clad on them. I love my dog and I want him to be proud of his dinnerware... but I'm not stupid. =) 
    Same here. So long as it is not empty, he's just fine.. If it is empty he picks it up and drops it repeatedly.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    My idiot dog eats out of an old baking sheet. She would always turn her bowl over, spread the food and eat one piece at a time.  We elevated the sheet on a basket because she occasionally has neck problems.  However, her neck never bothers her when a drip pan or grid happen to be on the ground. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    My idiot dog eats out of an old baking sheet. She would always turn her bowl over, spread the food and eat one piece at a time.  We elevated the sheet on a basket because she occasionally has neck problems.  However, her neck never bothers her when a drip pan or grid happen to be on the ground. 
    Sounds to me looking like you should be in the market for a good dog bowl.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    MJG said:
    I am a degenerate fanboy of Yeti. When I saw the email earlier the only reason I could think to buy a few of those was to piss off my wife. Instead I ordered this:
     https://www.titosvodka.com/store/vfdp-dog-bowl.html
    I need a few of those!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    "A fool and their money is soon parted".
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Ok, gut check yeti haters.  If the dog bowl was green and dimpled...a bunch of you wouldn’t flinch.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I may wait for the RTIC bowl to come out. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,305
    Options
    Dogs are color blind. It could be red and dimpled.
  • Legume
    Options
    Dogs don’t buy bowls.  Owner vanity item, but you know that.

are they really color blind?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

That is a hunded if you get a second one for water. 
    I have some Yeti stickers. I think I might put a couple on her food and water bowls. She is smart, but I do not think she will catch on.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,118
    Options
    Legume said:
    Ok, gut check yeti haters.  If the dog bowl was green and dimpled...a bunch of you wouldn’t flinch.
     I bought two minis.  I use their bases as water and food bowls.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    My dog prefers to drink out of a bucket that sits on the deck, in the sun, is dirty and full of bugs. He drinks three times the water out of that than he does the stainless steel bowl in the house.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    my dog will hunt frogs and swim in the lake for hours chasing ducks, when he gets thirsty he comes to the door and barks until i let him in for a drink of water. maybe he does want a yeti water bowl =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    my dog will hunt frogs and swim in the lake for hours chasing ducks, when he gets thirsty he comes to the door and barks until i let him in for a drink of water. maybe he does want a yeti water bowl =)

Thats because your dog drives around in a range rover.

Phoenix 
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    northGAcock said:
    I will not pay for a $50 dog bowl. 
    I won’t either. However on a similar note, I have paid way more than that for several custom made shaving bowls and scuttles. 
    If the Yeti bowl had raised ridges in it so it could be used a lathering bowl I would buy it in a split second. 
    Now that cracked me up.
    Just had another arrive a few minutes ago. Custom made scuttle. This one looks just like the one I posted with all my monster lathers. However this one is much larger so I can make even larger lathers.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Options
    I wish there was a “damn, that’s really interesting” button.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Like their coolers, I'll wait for Cabellas to release a much improved version that's $100 cheaper and 100%  Made in USA. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,144
    Options
    Can’t wait for the pic of someone’s dog turning it’s nose up at the food and water in a knockoff yeti bowl..
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 Vets recommend "room temp water".  Please list this veterinarian source.
    Maybe inside it's not needed.  Outside in extreme heat most vets would disagree.  I've iced our dog's (s) water for over most of my life. And often refresh with ice throughout the day.  Would I buy this Yeti? Meh...doubtful.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/dogs-and-ice-water/
    https://wnep.com/2014/06/19/vet-fires-back-over-no-ice-water-for-dogs-facebook-post/

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    SGH said:
    northGAcock said:
    I will not pay for a $50 dog bowl. 
    I won’t either. However on a similar note, I have paid way more than that for several custom made shaving bowls and scuttles. 
    If the Yeti bowl had raised ridges in it so it could be used a lathering bowl I would buy it in a split second. 
    there is Yeti Shaving snot and other items 

https://youtu.be/i4qucksNMxw
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Longgggg before Yeti was even a company I bought this at PetsMart or somewhere like that. Insulated and holds water and food.  I've had this for about 24 years now.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    there is Yeti Shaving snot and other items 

https://youtu.be/i4qucksNMxw
    It’s actually a pretty good soap. 

Status- Standing by.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 Vets recommend "room temp water".  Please list this veterinarian source.
    Maybe inside it's not needed.  Outside in extreme heat most vets would disagree.  I've iced our dog's (s) water for over most of my life. And often refresh with ice throughout the day.  Would I buy this Yeti? Meh...doubtful.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/dogs-and-ice-water/
    https://wnep.com/2014/06/19/vet-fires-back-over-no-ice-water-for-dogs-facebook-post/

Sheesh, I seem to have touched a nerve or something. I said I'm not a vet. I'm not trying to back my claim up with studies or anything. I just remember a couple decades ago we had a dog that we kept outside all year round. He kept throwing up so we took him to the vet. They did a full check up on him and everything came back fine, finally he asked us if we were putting ice in his water. We said yes and he told us not to because some dogs are very sensitive to cold water and it can cause vomiting. We stopped doing it and amazingly the dog stopped puking. My wife had this happen to several of the dogs she owned over the years. If you wanna give your dog ice water go for it. Sorry if you took offense to what I view as a pretty harmless statement.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.