Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For you dog lovers.....Yeit is going to bring you the $50 dog bowl.....

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164

That is a hunded if you get a second one for water. 
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I'm not a veterinarian but I seem to remember something about not letting your dog drink cold water. It should be room temp. So the entire premise of insulated dog bowls serves exactly zero purpose other than to take money from morons.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

People who buy those... yeti deserves their money.

I guess it's a nice change from the toilet bowl for the dog.

Phoenix 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Oh and if you are a concert goer......there will be the $200 lawn blanket.

• northGAcock
    Options
    blasting said:

People who buy those... yeti deserves their money.

I guess it's a nice change from the toilet bowl for the dog.

My dogs go to for sure.

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Dogs are fine to drink cold water. But mine would rather drink from a dirty puddle than a bowl, it seems. 
    But who am I to argue with somebody who wants to spend $100 on a set of dog bowls. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I got the email, clicked the link and read the verbaige on the dog bowl.  Not sure its insulated.  I did think I have a $5 Ikea Bowl that could do the same thing.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Wouldn’t Maddie love a yeti bowl to eat and another to drink out of?  Then curl up on a yeti blanket?
    I bet she would, and I know you love that dog.  That is probably how you found this all out - you probably already ordered these items for her. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Wouldn’t Maddie love a yeti bowl to eat and another to drink out of?  Then curl up on a yeti blanket?
    I bet she would, and I know you love that dog.  That is probably how you found this all out - you probably already ordered these items for her. 
    They are not available till the fall. I will be on the edge of my seat. That dog will continue to eat / drink out of the bowls that she came here with. I would not spend a dime on that dog. She is due for shots and I am thinking about omitting them.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

If anyone is interested in these dog bowls I have a hand carved back scratcher for sale for $47 dollars. It works great. Has multiple contact points so you get to all the itchy parts quickly and easily.

Very cool.  Thinking I'm gonna wait for the RTIC version for $23.50
    Phoenix 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    For that price it auto-fills and cooks to temp but not feel.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    And you can store your dog food in the matching $75 Yeti 5-gallon bucket. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,143
    Options
    We wash our dog bowls in the machine every month or so. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Waldo’s stainless steel bowls will do just fine and outlive him.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    F that noise
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Yeti buckets are on clearance at my local rural king for 28 bucks

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• northGAcock
    Options
    I don’t have a dog in the race (pun intended) since I’m petless these days. I think those bowls are pretty cool looking. People spend $30k to $100k+ on a kitchen remodel. What’s a hundred bucks on some nice looking dog bowls if you’ve got a swanky kitchen? Your wife probably blew more than that on some table decorations. Dogs don’t require much to survive yet there is a multi billion dollar industry devoted to people buying useless crap for their pets. They’ll sell like hot cakes. People love their pets and love to blow money on them even more. 
    While i agree.....one of you will need to gift me one. I will not pay for a $50 dog bowl. I might also say that i have been on record saying i would not pay $300+ for a cooler. Yet, I have a Tundra 65. I think I am drawing the line on this one, but we will see. I can tell you with certainty I will continue to use my moving pads for my lawn concert seating. My stock is depleting however as I have left some on the hill on a rainy evenings.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Moving blankets for lawn concerts? I have a ton of those, awesome idea @northGAcock

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    years ago my german shepard chewed his waterbowl up, did not take long for him to find another and bring it home. 3 dogs later and i still have it. maybe i could put an rtic sticker on it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    northGAcock said:
    I will not pay for a $50 dog bowl. 
    I won’t either. However on a similar note, I have paid way more than that for several custom made shaving bowls and scuttles. 
    If the Yeti bowl had raised ridges in it so it could be used a lathering bowl I would buy it in a split second. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• northGAcock
    Options
    SGH said:
    northGAcock said:
    I will not pay for a $50 dog bowl. 
    I won’t either. However on a similar note, I have paid way more than that for several custom made shaving bowls and scuttles. 
    If the Yeti bowl had raised ridges in it so it could be used a lathering bowl I would buy it in a split second. 
    Now that cracked me up.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    I don’t have a dog in the race (pun intended) since I’m petless these days. I think those bowls are pretty cool looking. People spend $30k to $100k+ on a kitchen remodel. What’s a hundred bucks on some nice looking dog bowls if you’ve got a swanky kitchen? Your wife probably blew more than that on some table decorations. Dogs don’t require much to survive yet there is a multi billion dollar industry devoted to people buying useless crap for their pets. They’ll sell like hot cakes. People love their pets and love to blow money on them even more. 
    While i agree.....one of you will need to gift me one. I will not pay for a $50 dog bowl. I might also say that i have been on record saying i would not pay $300+ for a cooler. Yet, I have a Tundra 65. I think I am drawing the line on this one, but we will see. I can tell you with certainty I will continue to use my moving pads for my lawn concert seating. My stock is depleting however as I have left some on the hill on a rainy evenings.
    Yeti has done a good job of hitting gifting price points of $25 and $50 with their accessories. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Here is another new item coming out. Stackables. 

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Now its just getting funny.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    And you can store your dog food in the matching $75 Yeti 5-gallon bucket. 

No that’s a water baloon bucket according to my kids