Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trouble getting "approved"

If anyone else has trouble I followed advice by someone else and emailed forumabuse@biggreenegg.com and was able to get sorted.

Been trying for quite awhile to get approved here. Been lurking since I bought my first and only lbge. 

Anyway great wealth of knowledge here and I look forward to smoking out the neighbors.

Rhode Island

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Welcome!

When I first joined a couple years ago, I waited 3 weeks before getting approved.

Lots of good information and people here. Don't forget to post pics
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Welcome, you are among friends here.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

It can take a little longer if something turns up in the preliminary background check.

Glad you got approved - welcome.

Phoenix 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    welcome aboard ! 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Clearly the rise of competition has slowed the approval process.  I can't why it isn't "next business day at the latest" service unless the approval guru team has been "right-sized". 
    Back when this was a friendlier place it was quite quick but evidently those days are long gone.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Good folks here,welcome
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Welcome @toolndie7
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Welcome aboard, hang on to your wallet...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • toolndie7
    toolndie7 Posts: 26
    edited August 2018
    DMW said:
    Too late! Just modified a SS table, got a KAB, familiar with CGS ( 2nd delivery tomorrow lol) and just picked up a FB 300. Oh and already got a Rutland gasket from the local forum hookup. Thanks again
    Rhode Island
  • DMW
    toolndie7 said:
    DMW said:
    Too late! Just modified a SS table, got a KAB, familiar with CGS ( 2nd delivery tomorrow lol) and just picked up a FB 300. Oh and already got a Rutland gasket from the local forum hookup. Thanks again
    Sounds like you're just getting started. :smiley:

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Welcome brother!!  Enjoy and share your cooks
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    toolndie7 said
    ...and already got a Rutland gasket from the local forum hookup
    First time I've been called "the local forum hookup"! Think I'll take that as a compliment  vs. being the board's hooker!  =)=)=)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    toolndie7 said:
    DMW said:
    No Blackstone? Rookie...
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • RRP
    While I have never been on Face Book I do receive emails from members there as referrals. Within the passed 4 or 5 months I've been surprised how often that the senders have mentioned their difficulty and frustration of getting approved for this forum. Time frames have been from weeks to "a month or two"! Several even have said they just gave up! 

I agree with the earlier poster saying with competition coming from all sides that "corporate" would be telling the monitors to approve newbies in a matter of mere hours!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    RRP said:
    toolndie7 said
    First time I've been called "the local forum hookup"! Think I'll take that as a compliment  vs. being the board's hooker!  =)=)=)
    Nobody would ever confuse you with a hooker, Ron, although all that money you’ve collected over the years does make people suspicious ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    RRP said:
    toolndie7 said
    Nobody would ever confuse you with a hooker, Ron, although all that money you’ve collected over the years does make people suspicious ;)
    hmmmm...."all that money?"  Are you suggesting that my pimp for all these 16 years has been holding out on me?  :o
  • DMW
    RRP said:
    While I have never been on Face Book I do receive emails from members there as referrals. Within the passed 4 or 5 months I've been surprised how often that the senders have mentioned their difficulty and frustration of getting approved for this forum. Time frames have been from weeks to "a month or two"! Several even have said they just gave up! 

I agree with the earlier poster saying with competition coming from all sides that "corporate" would be telling the monitors to approve newbies in a matter of mere hours!
    Just curious, in all those years, has anyone ever paid you via wire transfer from a foreign bank?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• JohnInCarolina
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    toolndie7 said
    hmmmm...."all that money?"  Are you suggesting that my pimp for all these 16 years has been holding out on me?  :o
    I don’t know Ron, I was trying to make a joke about whoreding cash and it just didn’t work.
  • RRP
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    toolndie7 said
    I don’t know Ron, I was trying to make a joke about whoreding cash and it just didn’t work.
    I got it! Proof thereof is my having used the pimp comment! 
  • RRP
    DMW said:
    RRP said:

Just curious, in all those years, has anyone ever paid you via wire transfer from a foreign bank?
    No, but I regularly receive offers to sell a Rutland out of the 2 billion dollar$ from $ome prince if I just return the difference in US dollars in care of some tent in the desert. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    RRP said:
    DMW said:
    RRP said:

No, but I regularly receive offers to sell a Rutland out of the 2 billion dollar$ from $ome prince if I just return the difference in US dollars in care of some tent in the desert. 
    Prince @WesJohnson ?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • RRP
    lkapigian said:
    RRP said:
    DMW said:
    RRP said:

Prince @WesJohnson ?
    No - my guess is Wes would be too busy humpin some camel like his father had done to get that worthless Wes into this world!
  • JohnInCarolina
    RRP said:
    lkapigian said:
    RRP said:
    DMW said:
    RRP said:

Prince @WesJohnson ?
    No - my guess is Wes would be too busy humpin some camel like his father had done to get that worthless Wes into this world!
    lmao Ron!
  • Im new here and I dont mean to complain, but I do have a question regarding the forum format,more specific, page numbers on a multiple page post. Most forums I visit let you know what page you are on while going from one page to the next. If I happen to be on page 3, the number is not underlined. On this forum, I do not see a way to tell what page you are currently on. Am I missing something or is the problem on my end?
  • Outlaw56 said:
    Im new here and I dont mean to complain, but I do have a question regarding the forum format,more specific, page numbers on a multiple page post. Most forums I visit let you know what page you are on while going from one page to the next. If I happen to be on page 3, the number is not underlined. On this forum, I do not see a way to tell what page you are currently on. Am I missing something or is the problem on my end?
    Welcome. If you ever get to the bottom of it, please let us know. You get used to the quirks after a while but it could be better for sure. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Blindhog25
    Blindhog25 Posts: 5
    edited December 2018
    toolndie7 said:
    If anyone else has trouble I followed advice by someone else and emailed forumabuse@biggreenegg.com and was able to get sorted.

Been trying for quite awhile to get approved here. Been lurking since I bought my first and only lbge. 

Anyway great wealth of knowledge here and I look forward to smoking out the neighbors.

Thanks for posting!  New guy here as well but long time lurker. 
  • Soooo is there a trick to starting a thread?  Minimum # of posts or something?  I’ve looked for some FAQs but don’t see anything.  
  • Top right 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Outlaw56 said:
    Im new here and I dont mean to complain, but I do have a question regarding the forum format,more specific, page numbers on a multiple page post. Most forums I visit let you know what page you are on while going from one page to the next. If I happen to be on page 3, the number is not underlined. On this forum, I do not see a way to tell what page you are currently on. Am I missing something or is the problem on my end?

On my phone and laptop the page you are on is hi lighted. It is really difficult to see on laptop but easy to distinguish on cell  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ok, Thanks for the feed back