Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Throwing Up the SGH Bat Signal

Options
2»

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    @SGH, just referring to some comments I’d read on a shaving forum.  People saying switching to DE allowed them to only shave every other day instead of daily.  I shave 2-3x per week as it is d/t working from home and I’m very comfortable with a couple day scruff (and after 27 years, wife has low expectations of me shaving).  I do have a relatively heavy beard, but I’m no Richard Nixon.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    I don't subscribe to any of the top-shelf blade shaving processes, and equipment out there but I shave every day that I am going out in public ( and if not that day then always the next- FWIW).   I would submit that any daily shave will be closer than a day old bbs result.  But I am not about to go down that road...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    SGH said:
    Legume said:
    I am confused.  Shaving with these fancy razors and soaps and brushes and bowls is supposed to be better than anything else - bbs as they say.  To the point of people saying they only have to shave every other day.  Scottie shaves twice per day, 200% more than people with disposables or electrics and 400% more than what I read online about shaving less often when the shave is that good.  Sumpin ain’t right.
    Let me shed some light on this for you my confused friend. First, shaving with a DE and good shave soap no doubt produces a better and closer shave. This is indisputable and easily proven. It’s no contest. 
    Second, what determines how often someone needs to shave is how fast their facial grows. Some folks can get by with skipping a day or two without shaving. This is because they are slow growers. Slow growers can shave with a cheap disposable and and get by fine for a day or two. Fast growers on the other hand can shave with a straight or a Muhle and still need a shave in 8-12 hours. 
    Ever hear of 5 o’clock shadow? Some of us can shave in the morning and by evening time look and feel rough. Others do not. Slow growers may not develop 5 o’clock shadow for a day or two. 
    Its a simple matter of how fast your facial hair grows. Shaving with the Muhle certainly buys me time between shaves. But it’s hours, not days. 

So if I read this right, @SGH, you’re saying that you’re a grower, but not a shower.  Now I understand.
    We need a barf/tmi emoji :x
    Near San Francisco in California
  • baychilla
    Options
    :sick:
    Ahh that.  Doesn't appear in the list.  I wonder what else that doesn't show.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
     How’d you do that? 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    jeffwit said:
     How’d you do that? 
    There’s a ton if you just put random words between two colons.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    :anguished:  colon anguished colon
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    :loser:
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:

• baychilla
    Options
    :star:

Ahh, so it's like giphy for slack.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    SGH said:

This must become your new profile pic. Like immediately. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    :nuh_uh:

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:

JFC, don’t encourage him.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    SGH said:

JFC, don’t encourage him.
    He’s way past that point now. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,426
    Options
    I’ve left behind the Mach 27 and went with the Muhle R89. Got the brush, lather bowl, preshave oil and all the bits and bobs to go with it. It is by far the BEST and CLOSEST shave you’ll ever get (once you learn how to properly use it). I’m a shower and not a grower, only use it 3 times a week. After the initial investment, the blades are stupid cheap. I’ll never go back to the MACH 68 again
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options

:murica:
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I’ve left behind the Mach 27 and went with the Muhle R89. 
    Great choice my friend. The ole R89 is a tried and true whisker buster. I like all of the Muhle offerings. However it goes without saying that the R41 is far and away my all time favorite. 
    Whats that old saying? “If you ain’t shaving with a Muhle, you are obviously a fool”.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Another thread that fell victim to the Buffalo. Sad......

Status- Standing by.