Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Never Wrap

13»

Comments

• PhilXman
    PhilXman Posts: 18
    SGH said:
    After paper wrap
    Here is a couple of more that was wrapped in paper just to echo what you already said above. 

While some of them look better than the others, all were wrapped in paper and all of them at bare minimum had pretty good to real good bark. 
    I need to hang with you SGH
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    PhilXman said:
    SGH said:
    After paper wrap
    Here is a couple of more that was wrapped in paper just to echo what you already said above. 

While some of them look better than the others, all were wrapped in paper and all of them at bare minimum had pretty good to real good bark. 
    Careful about that statement there. You'll end up shaving.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    PhilXman said:
    You are more than welcome here my friend. If you ever find yourself anywhere near Mobile, AL or Biloxi, MS give me a shout and swing by. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    Cornholio said:
    I know where to get my butcher paper, when I use up my 1000+ ft roll, haha  :)

I’d be cautious with that, I’ve heard they use horse hide to make that paper.

(in case you don’t remember the IKEA/horse meat debacle: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/02/25/horsemeat-scandal/1933037/)
    thanks for the tip, next time I'll save the brisket juice marinated hide for jerky after unwrapping  =)  
    canuckland