Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Options
These were so easy, I can't believe I haven't tried them before. And dang it they were good! Happened to be a last minute addition in the middle of dinner after I made chicken and veggies on the Egg. My pregnant wife was craving chocolate, and I sat there anxiously thinking of all of the chocolate options we had in the house. They were surprisingly slim. Fearing another run to the grocery store for more M&Ms, at the last second I remembered we had some leftover cookie dough in the fridge and I had just cleaned up my old skillet. I scooped some in the skillet, raised the temp back up to 350, said a quick prayer, and 17 minutes later my wife was getting her chocolate fix. I kind of felt like Macgyver there for a minute, but glad it paid off.

Cooked at 350-360 with plate setter legs-up for appx 17 mins on the skillet. If you decide to put any forethought into this, I'd recommend you add some ice cream on top. 

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    In, well done. I’ve also seen some just make the whole cast iron full of cookie dough.... a pie of sorts... aka as 1 @SGH helping.
    Seattle, WA
  • ApexPredator
    Options
    Yes I definitely want to try filling to whole cast iron with cookie dough. I may attempt this weekend, if I do I'll be sure to post an update. I hope to procure some ice cream for occasion, it would have been awesome on these cookies tonight!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    @ApexPredator - welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun. You have got the audible skills dialed in.  Great way to bring it home especially under the stress of the moment.
    Love some CC cookies and those look great.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options
    You had me @ chocolate
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Welcome! Dessert on the Egg can be an acquired skill set, glad your first run was a homer. (especially after cooking chicken)

My biggest learn is let the first charcoal get hot after your cook then start some fresh charcoal and let it temp. Consider it a whole new cook, not a reason to use already hot charcoal. Nothing worse than your pecan pie tasting like burnt chicken fat. 

@BigGreenCraig has a killer oatmeal bacon cookie recipe. 

I hope preggers hangs in with the smoky food. (Mine did not on #2)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Thats a great idea. I have 2 small CI pans that would be perfect serving size. Just drop ice cream on top and serve in the pan.

Thanks for posting
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • ApexPredator
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback ya'll, @Killit_and_Grillit thats some great wisdom... I will be sure to do that next time and will need to contact @BigGreenCraig for that oatmeal bacon cookie recipe! 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @ApexPredator - really nice!! And congrats on your soon to be new addition(s) to your family.  
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Congratulations on the cookie solution.  Nice Avatar.   are you Canadian, per chance?
    These were so easy, I can't believe I haven't tried them before. And dang it they were good! Happened to be a last minute addition in the middle of dinner after I made chicken and veggies on the Egg. My pregnant wife was craving chocolate, and I sat there anxiously thinking of all of the chocolate options we had in the house. They were surprisingly slim. Fearing another run to the grocery store for more M&Ms, at the last second I remembered we had some leftover cookie dough in the fridge and I had just cleaned up my old skillet. I scooped some in the skillet, raised the temp back up to 350, said a quick prayer, and 17 minutes later my wife was getting her chocolate fix. I kind of felt like Macgyver there for a minute, but glad it paid off.

Cooked at 350-360 with plate setter legs-up for appx 17 mins on the skillet. If you decide to put any forethought into this, I'd recommend you add some ice cream on top. 

Did you put any oil or Pam or skillet first?
  • Thomasc18
    Options
    Looks great!
    Madison, AL
  • ApexPredator
    Options
    Sorry @Daddyshack been off the forum a few weeks, yes I used veggie oil, light coat just to keep from sticking. 
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Cookies look great..I want to try a pound cake though.....
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • ScaryLarry
    Options
    Any good smoke flavor?  I would add bacon to it as well.