Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back to Normal

Props to my family for moving to three different states (including Delaware) in the past 5 years. We are back home in Huntsville, AL with plans to stay! Eggs been in storage for awhile, so being able to cook makes things feel normal again, despite all the boxes in the garage. Ribs have a homemade rub coated in mustard. Baked beans in the Dutch Oven on the Mini-Max. Also, for the person who looks for all the details, that’s my daughter upside down on the trampoline, Ha! 

Comments

• Welcome back down to God's country! (even though with the humidity it feels more like hell right now.)

If you don't mind me asking, what brand and size is that dutch oven? I've been griping about getting one to fit my MM. Does it just fit right in your WOO ring? That's awesome.

Daughter upside down on the trampoline. Sounds much like what's going on here as we speak.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Welcome home. I’m sure it feels great. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,707
    Welcome Home ! 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Jonathan1970
    Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
    Welcome back down to God's country! (even though with the humidity it feels more like hell right now.)

If you don't mind me asking, what brand and size is that dutch oven? I've been griping about getting one to fit my MM. Does it just fit right in your WOO ring? That's awesome.

Daughter upside down on the trampoline. Sounds much like what's going on here as we speak.
    5.5 quart fits right in there. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Welcome home!  Good eats 4sho.
    https://youtu.be/1ZOozDHL0LA
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Welcome back down to God's country!
    Agree. There is an old adage that reads; “American by birth, southern by the grace of God”. Truer words have never been spoken. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Welcome Home!   I’m about to move & will have a period without my Egg...not looking forward to withdrawals.  I find Egging to be great therapy so not sure how I’m going to cope.   Guess that’s where the Bourbon will come in.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Welcome home and it's nice to see you haven't skipped a beat!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jonathan1970
    Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Welcome Home!   I’m about to move & will have a period without my Egg...not looking forward to withdrawals.  I find Egging to be great therapy so not sure how I’m going to cope.   Guess that’s where the Bourbon will come in.
    Hang in there Brother! 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    As above, welcome back and home.  As you likely recall above all, have fun. Nailed it right out of the gate.  Most eggcellent.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Welcome back! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Ribs and baked beans for the celebration that should last for a very long time to come. 
    Welcome home. 
    Glad you are back.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jeponline
    jeponline Posts: 290
    Welcome back to Huntsville.  I've only been here 5 years, but a lot has changed in that time.  Enjoy.
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL