Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is egg nation making for Independence Day?

Options
1235»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @bucky925 - congrats on popping the cherry and definitely nailing the cook.  Great eats right there.  Next time don't wait so long  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Hungry! :blush:

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Nice, like the smoke ring. Hope you enjoyed it.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    XC242 said:
    This

Finished project - Burnt ends, finished flat and homemade buttermilk biscuits. 

LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    That is some great work, Butters (-:
    Stillwater, MN
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I’m sure there are folks who are still cooking and some meals yet to be posted but nicely done everybody. There was a lot of great food cooked today. Hope you all had a great day!!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That is a pic of the magnum loads served and first pass picked thru this is a great app Or dish to bring to a friends house.  Kudos to @Spring Chicken for turning me on to those. Always a conversation piece and greatly appreciated.   I especially like to see the look on the face of the vegans In the group when I let them know what all the layers of goodness are. Classic!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    How were the ribs with the Chaisson’s @nolaegghead
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    How were the ribs with the Chaisson’s @nolaegghead
    great, they all came out excellent.  my fav had the korean bases tho
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Got 8-2”’thick pork steaks. Gonna lose and slow em for a few hours whilst I enjoy a few beers
    Never had thick pork steaks. Interested to see how these turn out so I hope you'll follow up.
    To follow up: got the egg settled in at 250*. Slathered the pork steaks in yellow mustard and rub and put them on. I went 1.5 hours, then flipped and rotated for another 1.5. This yielded me an internal temp of 161*. Wrapped in foil with a little butter, honey, and apple juice. Back on egg for an hour. Unwrapped, sauced. Let them rest for 15 minutes or so. They were frigging delicious. Had 7 adults and 3 kids eating. We managed to put down right under 4 of them
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    No pics. Moving way too fast yesterday trying to finish many racks of ribs, a dozen hamburgers, 40 dogs, brats, and 25 ears of corn on and off the grill. 

I cussed my buddy up and down for another 4th of July on his $hitty IR gasser that can't hold low temps and fluctuates 300 degrees by barely moving the knobs.

Then his neighbor came over when I was pulling the last of the food off and says, "man, I've got an Extra Large Big Green Egg next door if you need to use it."

Thanks, guy. Next year.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• ScottStern
    ScottStern Posts: 34
    Options
    4 racks of St. Louis ribs rubbed with Meat Church Honey Hog and cooked with BGE lump and apple and pecan wood
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    I did a costco brisket homemade beans and smoked potatoe salad neighbors chipped in with some great sides