Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Wow I don’t even know where to begin. @Biggreenpharmacist knocked his box out of the park. I can’t wait to try everything. Esp that peach lightening. Thanks for everything!  Going to be a great 4th of just with some of these goodies. Thank you so much and thank you to @blind99 for setting this up. 
    Man I hope you enjoy it. Theres several of those that I use all the time. I had a jar of blues hog in there. Guess when mrs pharm repacked it she left it out. I even took pics of it cuz I didnt want anybody to think I regifted a jar @ColtsFan sent me. The rocktown peach is good but I was gonna send muscadine or apple pie but they were out of both. 

I love me some Blues hog. I got it in last years box. Luckily enough our Ace Hardware sells it now. Can keep getting my fix. Thanks again. I might have to Venmo you some money for some more hooch. Thanks again for everything. 
    If you like that drank I can send you more. Money isnt necessary. Hell maybe in a few months we can just do another swap between me and you if you find something you really like. 
    Deal!  Not sure if you are a whiskey drinker but we have some good stuff down here.  Garrison Brothers isn’t too far from here. And let me k iwbif there is anything rub or sauce wise you want from Texas. Found it funny that you got me. Guess it’s a payback for whipping us in the CWS. Tough break last night. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    More pics
    I hope you will find some enjoyment in this package and worth the wait. Threw in a few grains cause....well just cause. Play hard!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Wow I don’t even know where to begin. @Biggreenpharmacist knocked his box out of the park. I can’t wait to try everything. Esp that peach lightening. Thanks for everything!  Going to be a great 4th of just with some of these goodies. Thank you so much and thank you to @blind99 for setting this up. 
    I got some of the Strawberry's in last years exchange.  That stuff is legit.  Great on ribs and pork butt.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    The strawberry’s rub and the mcclards sauce are my two favorites. The sauce is one of those you either love it or hate it. Usually not an in-between. 

Little Rock, AR

• BulletGrillHouse
    Options
    EggMcMic said:
    First off, an apology. I can't tag whoever sent me a package because I do not know a screen name...but the return address said Chris Moran.

A HUGE thank you to Chris!! I am overwhelmed. Several pictures to show it all off:

First the sauces:

Then the Rubs:

Then the 'extras': (with sauces in the background)

And here is the whole thing:

Chris packaged each sauce in a gallon ziplock bag. It was well packed so EVERYTHING made it, but I thought that was a good idea in case something broke.

Comment of the day: My 19 year old son helped me open the package as he really enjoys BBQ. When we finished he asked: "Why don't you do this 3-4 times per year??" Not sure I had a good answer, but only doing it once sure makes it special!

Thank you so much Chris!

Glad everything made it, I realized I forgot to throw in the short letter I had drafted
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    If we did a quarterly exchange i would have too much rub and sauce to eat. Im already getting fat 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    EggMcMic said:
    First off, an apology. I can't tag whoever sent me a package because I do not know a screen name...but the return address said Chris Moran.

A HUGE thank you to Chris!! I am overwhelmed. Several pictures to show it all off:

First the sauces:

Then the Rubs:

Chris packaged each sauce in a gallon ziplock bag. It was well packed so EVERYTHING made it, but I thought that was a good idea in case something broke.

Comment of the day: My 19 year old son helped me open the package as he really enjoys BBQ. When we finished he asked: "Why don't you do this 3-4 times per year??" Not sure I had a good answer, but only doing it once sure makes it special!

Thank you so much Chris!
    Yup, another HOLY F&%K box.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• northGAcock
    Options
    Its a great day in BBQ as I opened my package this morning from Mic @EggMcMic . He sends his goods along from the great Midwestern state of Illinois. My wife's family all hails from your great state. 

It is always one of my favorite days of the year when my exchange package arrives....and Mic was most generous and thoughtful in selecting these items. I am not familiar with any of these and therefore thrilled to proceed to the exploration of new flavors, sauces and rubs. I am one who generally loves to receive goods from others native areas. This does not disappoint. In fact it is a highlight of my summer so far.

A tip of the cap to Mic ....... and so glad to have been paired with him for this years exchange. I present to you my haul......which includes his home made Witchy Red.

Thanks so much Mic....and for all who are here for a look.

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Its a great day in BBQ as I opened my package this morning from Mic @EggMcMic . He sends his goods along from the great Midwestern state of Illinois. My wife's family all hails from your great state. 

It is always one of my favorite days of the year when my exchange package arrives....and Mic was most generous and thoughtful in selecting these items. I am not familiar with any of these and therefore thrilled to proceed to the exploration of new flavors, sauces and rubs. I am one who generally loves to receive goods from others native areas. This does not disappoint. In fact it is a highlight of my summer so far.

A tip of the cap to Mic ....... and so glad to have been paired with him for this years exchange. I present to you my haul......which includes his home made Witchy Red.

Thanks so much Mic....and for all who are here for a look.
    That cranberry bourbon jalapeño jam looks like something I could get used to. Nice haul!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Hey, looks like it all survived. 2 for 2.

Sorry for the delay @Budgeezer. I had it all ready to go on Monday but I was still on crutches so I was at the mercy of my wife’s schedule. 

Enjoy it! (And be very gentle with that ghost pepper salt or you will know about it)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit no worries, the anticipation is half of the fun!  Thanks for the warning on the ghost pepper salt, I am a spice head but the wife not so much.
    Edina, MN

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited June 2018
    Options
    And I still don’t know who it’s from. 
    She didn’t tell me, and I’m kinda scared to call back and ask. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    And I still don’t know who it’s from. 
    She didn’t tell me, and I’m kinda scared to call back and ask. 
     I have a certain set of skills avail at a price if you need help figuring out who sent you that 
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    This is waiting for me at home. My wife started opening it while we were on the phone, but I yelled at her to stop. I may be sleeping on the couch tonight, but at least I get to unpack it myself. 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Royal Coachmen
    Royal Coachmen Posts: 283
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Having trouble posting from my phone but will update the sweet package @jeffwit sent me as soon as I have time to sit down at my computer. Likely Monday! I cannot wait to crack into this over the 4th!
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    EggMcMic said:

First the sauces:

Then the Rubs:

Thank you so much Chris!

Glad everything made it, I realized I forgot to throw in the short letter I had drafted

@BulletGrillHouse what part of Texas are you from?  I noticed the West Texas rub. I’m in Midland. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • jeffwit
    Options
    Having trouble posting from my phone but will update the sweet package @jeffwit sent me as soon as I have time to sit down at my computer. Likely Monday! I cannot wait to crack into this over the 4th!
    @Royal Coachmen did everything make it intact?
    Jefferson, GA
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Finally got home from work as was able to unpack my box. Wow! @lkapigian you really hooked me up! I have never heard of, much less used, any of these rubs or spices. The Frog Balls will get sampled, if not consumed, tonight. The homemade SPG, rub, and pepper sauce were a special touch, along with the pistachios and jerky. Thank you so much, Larry and Linda!
    The haul:
    The rubs:

The sauces:

The extras:

Thanks again!
    Nice box @lkapigian
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Thanks @jabam , some more of our Space L making its way across the country 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
    @jeffwit , those rubs were cold smoked with maple for hours in my smoke house, adds a bit of depth to them ...refrigerate the Lactofermented Jalapeno Sauce..
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • jeffwit
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    @jeffwit , those rubs were cold smoked with maple for hours in my smoke house, adds a bit of depth to them ...refrigerate the Lactofermented Jalapeno Sauce..
    I was going to ask if the smokehouse was used. And will do on the sauce. 
    Thanks!
    Jefferson, GA
  • lkapigian
    Options
    mwatts said:
    Got my package earlier this week and couldn’t be happier. So many new things to try. Chili pods, chili powder, sauces, rubs oh my. I don’t even know where to start. A big thank you to @Plutonium we will definitely enjoy trying all these great items! 
    Nice!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    That stubbs sauce is good on ribs 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• northGAcock
    Options
    mwatts said:
    Got my package earlier this week and couldn’t be happier. So many new things to try. Chili pods, chili powder, sauces, rubs oh my. I don’t even know where to start. A big thank you to @Plutonium we will definitely enjoy trying all these great items! 
    The 505 Hatch Valley Chile’s......alone an excellent score. Entire score.....Most excellent