Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Here is a good source--https://www.south-florida-plant-guide.com/sea-grape.html---The plant is protected from cutting as it is a very good sea dune stabalizer and is a protected plant here in  Florida, however during hurricanes UGH many are uprooted and the cleanup process allows the wood to be harvested. Very hard wood that I eggjoy with pork, poultry and seafood.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @mlc2013 your wine is off the hook!  I am doing a batch of Lingucia , it's going to make it amazing 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    edited July 2018
    Options

got home from travel and the neighbor brought this box over that @nolenut19 sent and all I can say is thank you.  I am sure it was difficult only being about 5hrs down the road but I really appreciate the thought.  I wanted to try the batter mix you sent so we went and grabbed some shrimp and fried them up, it was amazing.  thank you. (edit) I forgot about some great see salt from cellar salt that was sent and I got just before vacation.  we are doing some ribeyes this weekend so I am excited to try that out.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    @mlc2013 your wine is off the hook!  I am doing a batch of Lingucia , it's going to make it amazing 

I love portuguese's sausage I tried to make it once with wild boar emphasis on tried it was probably one of the worst sausage I have ever made and I have made bad ones.
    Glad you like the wine, not being a wine drinker its hard to see if im doing it right.
    Looks like im going to be making my next batch of sausage this wednesday, maybe might try the linguica (pork) again this time around

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • nolenut19
    nolenut19 Posts: 76
    Options
    Kent8621 said:

got home from travel and the neighbor brought this box over that @nolenut19 sent and all I can say is thank you.  I am sure it was difficult only being about 5hrs down the road but I really appreciate the thought.  I wanted to try the batter mix you sent so we went and grabbed some shrimp and fried them up, it was amazing.  thank you. (edit) I forgot about some great see salt from cellar salt that was sent and I got just before vacation.  we are doing some ribeyes this weekend so I am excited to try that out.

He harvest the salt from right here, that's why I don't pee in the bay/gulf anymore. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    We are having some photo technical difficulties!  But here are some shots of @RRog17's box, sent to @Richard Fl

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    FYI,

Still haven't received and have not seen my sent box confirmed.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    I was wondering if all of the exchanges had been completed. I would have to go look at all of the pictures posted but I don't think that there were 50 different ones.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    CHEESE BISCUITS FTW!!!!

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    @branson, glad it made it safely out there.  plan on eating all of those biscuits when you make them they are like crack. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    Kent8621 said:
    @branson, glad it made it safely out there.  plan on eating all of those biscuits when you make them they are like crack.

Thanks for the heads up. That was already the plan.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • blind99
    Options
    After the destruction of the first box, I'm glad to see the second one made it.  Just horrible to go through the trouble of putting it together then to have to do it again!

There are 3 last packages unaccounted for.  I'm trying to tie up these loose ends, hopefully soon.
  • lkapigian
    Options
    blind99 said:
    After the destruction of the first box, I'm glad to see the second one made it.  Just horrible to go through the trouble of putting it together then to have to do it again!

There are 3 last packages unaccounted for.  I'm trying to tie up these loose ends, hopefully soon.
    Thanks for all your effort !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
    ^^^^^is nice^^^^^
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dldawes1
    Options
    Any ideas why I can't see the pics in my post above?  I see them on my phone, but not on my computer??

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @dldawes1 - I'm on a desktop and see them just fine.  Too tech for me....nice haul.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Color_My_World_Green
    Options
    This looks like it was a lot of fun. I am going to try this next year. 
    Living life to the fullest in Savannah Georgia
  • lkapigian
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    Any ideas why I can't see the pics in my post above?  I see them on my phone, but not on my computer??

probably just loading slowly 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dldawes1
    Options
    I hope my draw gets his/her KY brands from me.  Still haven't seen or heard anything from them yet.

• lkapigian
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    I hope my draw gets his/her KY brands from me.  Still haven't seen or heard anything from them yet.

Did you use tracking and did it make it?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    dldawes1 said:

Little Rock, AR

• dldawes1
    Options
    aaaaaah You got my package !!!

I sure didn't know you were my draw.....name change??

• dldawes1
    Options
    Still haven’t heard if my draw got their package‼️  Kinda takes a lot of the fun out of it. 

• lkapigian
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    Still haven’t heard if my draw got their package‼️  Kinda takes a lot of the fun out of it. 
    agreed, have you reached out?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dldawes1
    Options
    Yes to @blind99. Also I don’t know how to find here on the forum who sent mine to me!  I know the name but not name in the forum. 

• blind99
    Options
    @dldawes1 I've got word out to both your elf and your draw.
    one other person hasn't gotten a package due to botched delivery.  i may have to make the poor egger a consolation package.