Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2018 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

blind99blind99 Posts: 4,313
Here's the place to show off your new rubs and sauces!  Please post pix and thank your Elfster.  On behalf of @cazzy, @northgacock, and myself, thanks for participating!
Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle

Comments

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 2,114
    Bump 
    Two large BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, FlameBoss 300
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • blind99blind99 Posts: 4,313
    At least 8 shipments are on the way, many scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  But the first may even get there tonight!
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 1,855
    Anticipation!
  • mlc2013mlc2013 Posts: 666
    I think im the first lucky egger to receive their package and here it goes.

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • blind99blind99 Posts: 4,313
    mlc2013 said:
    I would like to thank my secret elf who's identity is still unknown to me. Im having a little party at my house this weekend and cant wait tp try some of these new rubs and sauces. Every single item is something I have never tried or heard of and Im assuming this is what makes this exchange so great. 
    that's awesome!   your elf is a super swell egger and i will be stealing their BBQ sauce recipe soon.  
    blind99: from my stalking this forum and looking at the list of 44 eggers that entered I believe it to be 1 of these 2 eggers; Possumtrot, or Killit and grillit, Thats right everyone I have been stalking you be afraid. If im wrong I mean no disrespect to my elf just trying to say thank you.
    Long Island NY    
  • Hmm...no swear words in the letter, way overpackaged, forgot to sign name, packaging wasn't robbed from a dozen Amazon boxes in the garage.

All uncharacteristic of me.

But it's typed and printed, and as @Possumtrot will attest, he is old. Honestly if it weren't for the forum I would question if he had a computer at all.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• If the box wreaked of cigarettes, whiskey, and whores then its definitely @Killit_and_Grillit
    Another valid point.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

If the box wreaked of cigarettes, whiskey, and whores then its definitely @Killit_and_Grillit
    Clean box no eveidence of the 3 of the top 5 things in the world
    Long Island NY    
    Way to get the party started!
    Bump 
    bacon jam, bacon jalapeño dip mix, bacon horseradish dip mix "Im in love" thats a great looking package well done @ColtsFan and enjoy your treasures Biggreenpharmacist
    Long Island NY    
  • BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 655
    Awesome score @Biggreenpharmacist. Very generous @ColtsFan.  Love the exchange! 
    Edina, MN

Well @ColtsFan hooked me up!  Some of it we do have here but the ones that we have are things I buy and use so guess we have similar tastes. He really went above and beyond. 

Sweet! Glad to see it survived the trip. I'm a big fan of those from Nashville Spice Co.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did putting it together! 
  • Man I will for sure. Thanks so much!

Little Rock, AR

Man I will for sure. Thanks so much!
    You're welcome! 
  • dsrgunsdsrguns Posts: 410
    Wow! Great score @Biggreenpharmacist! A most generous gift from @ColtsFan indeed. That should certainly lure some more participants for the next exchange. 

XL BGE
    MD
  • jabamjabam Posts: 1,750
    Well done @ColtsFan. This is why I love this exchange, never know what’s inside!

Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
    Bump to the first page again.
  • jeffwitjeffwit Posts: 1,348
    lkapigian said:
    Came home from,a long day of travel to find the below in my porch....will be opening and posting the reveal later....Awesome and Excited 

Well? We’re waiting...
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 1,045
    jeffwit said:
    lkapigian said:
    Came home from,a long day of travel to find the below in my porch....will be opening and posting the reveal later....Awesome and Excited 

Well? We’re waiting...
    He is on West Coast time

• Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 1,045
    I just tracked package I sent. It says delivered and is sitting at front door. Hope the package thieves dont get it.
    The one that I sent left on the local delivery truck at 8:40 this morning. It says delivery by 8pm.
    lkapigian said:
    I'm not sure where to even start, words or picture cannot to justice to the From The Heart package this was. a Big Shout Out to @mlc2013 a great selection of rubs and sauces, but what really makes this great is the Home Made Dry Sausage, Soppressata Wine and Pork Rub. That stuff is off the charts and why are you not posting that in the Sausage Thread! Thanks Again @mlc2013 I have work to do on my package finishing up today or tomorrow 

Glad you enjoy it wasn't sure how you would be with homemade items. I never posted my sausage on the sausage thread because Ive been selling it in my fresh pasta store for years and get damn good money for it so can't give away any tricks or tips until I decide to sell the business. As for the wine like I said my wife and I don't drink wine and I just wanted to make some for fun so hope its not poison. The rub on the other hand i truly enjoy and I hope you will as well. 
    Long Island NY