Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Tspud1 said:
    tracking info said my gift was left on porch. I sent anon email to let them know. Getting worried they went out of town.
    Same here Tspud. Though I was thinking porch pirates.
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Gulfcoastguy & Tspud1 ; what kind of neighborhoods do people live in where there is such a thing as porch pirates?  I know all my neighbors and they me. There is always someone outside with relaxing on their porch or doing yard work or playing with the kids eyes everywhere.

Plus the fact that everyone owes me a favor or 2 yes they have all kissed my pinky ring.
    LOL

Seriously, if you were to go away on vacation and entered this exchange wouldn't you tell the elf or the group hey dont send anything till I return? Im sure they are just caught up with life and haven't had the time to post yet. 
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    YettiLuke said:
    Big thanks to @gonepostal for the box. Everything arrived intact. All of the rubs and sauces are ones I have never had before. Thanks for the SPG, one can never have enough of those in the cabinet. I’m looking forward to trying all of these and will post updates on how we like them. 
    Awesome assortment! 

Grab that Hardin's and make chicken wings. Seriously...good stuff 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    The complete set of AlbuKirky rubs, nice!
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    @YettiLuke i'm glad to see it arrived safe and secure. Gotta watch out for those postal guys!  Was really hoping that it didn't bust open half way there. Hope ya'll enjoy...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    @ColtsFan makes me smile that you mention Hardin's all the way from Indiana. The co-owner of the company lived on my mail route until passing away suddenly about a month ago. He talked about Hardin's every chance he got and I can promise you that he would have been thrilled to hear about you praising his rub! I'll be sure to relay this story to his wife...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Royal Coachmen
    Royal Coachmen Posts: 283
    edited June 2018
    @Possumtrot your package is getting mailed tomorrow! Shopping and packing all done. I apologize for the excessive tape job in advance!

• mlc2013
    Royal Coachmen,  Thank you for all your help. Im sure Henry is going to love his package as I love the artwork, and the info it contains. (Insert evil laugh here)
    Long Island NY    
  • BuzzinBoca
    BuzzinBoca Posts: 13
    Glad it made it intact ENC.  You are welcome, Enjoy.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    @ColtsFan makes me smile that you mention Hardin's all the way from Indiana. The co-owner of the company lived on my mail route until passing away suddenly about a month ago. He talked about Hardin's every chance he got and I can promise you that he would have been thrilled to hear about you praising his rub! I'll be sure to relay this story to his wife...
    Please do! I got some last year in the exchange from @mwatts. It is a great blend! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Great and no exploding sauce bottles unlike 2017. Like I said most of the rubs and sauces have websites on the labels and most of the sites have recipes worked up for them. And you used a cast iron grate for bonus points. 
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Great and no exploding sauce bottles unlike 2017. Like I said most of the rubs and sauces have websites on the labels and most of the sites have recipes worked up for them. And you used a cast iron grate for bonus points. 
    The box was so full I was worried that there might be a mess inside. The bubble wrap and tape held!

You totally killed it. Very grateful!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Great looking boxes so far. Can't believe @Gulfcoastguy got all that to fit in one box.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Worried about @tspud1’s box. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Might have to send a second box after seeing what’s been sent so far. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    Blown fhe F away by @Gulfcoastguy. Amazing box of local Mississippi rubs and sauces. And he figured out that I’ve got a serious Louisiana thing and packed in some regional treats as well. Mississippi goodies with a Cajun influence — all things we can’t get in The 302, so I’m completely payched. 

Amazing stuff here:

I used the AlbuKirky Green Chile Rub tonight on some skirt steak. That stuff rocks. Never had it before and appreciate the share from out of his own region. 

And, the letter with the descriptions of all the goodness was a treat to read. Lots of thought put into this box. A tribute to @Gulfcoastguy and what’s best about the forum. 
    Great Post !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • @Gulfcoastguy Hail State!  Half of that state is a bridge! (That Frog Bone tho...)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Gulfcoastguy
    Yup I helped build a few of them, along with rest areas, weigh stations, bypasses, sewage plants, and even a section of the Natchez Trace Parkway and a minor amount of the Tennessee Tombigbee Waterway .
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Okay who is next up at bat besides the Beavers?
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Just sent my box out. Lady at the post office had a high speed come apart about the box. For next year, are there cheaper options than usps?

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    I think the Usps flat rate is pretty reasonable. 
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • lkapigian
    edited June 2018

Going to be Yuge
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    @lkapigian that's some great looking skirt steak- makes me hungry!
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    @Tspud1 was my elf last year. Man. I hope that box doesn't get lost.  He sent a great one.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • mlc2013
    booksw said:
    That’s not his cook it was HendersonTRKing
    Long Island NY    
  • lkapigian
    mlc2013 said:
    booksw said:
    That’s not his cook it was HendersonTRKing
    Yup! but thanks!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian