Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Camper is packed, truck is packed. 11 hours of work tomorrow, then it’s on like donkey Kong for 8 days. Wooooohoooooo
    Enjoy @Jeremiah !!!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Just poured a glass of Basil Hayden's. Been a rough few days,  FIL lost his brief battle with cancer. Now helping MIL with everything she needs. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @Battleborn. Hope your family is doing ok.  F cancer.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Note to self: don't get drunk at a low country boil and forget to drain the pot.  Was a weird combination of delicious and stanky smelling.  I was draining it on the street and I'm sure half the people out there thought I was dumping engine oil (which would have smelled better).
    Options

edited June 2018
    Options
    99% sure we have black raspberry bushes all over our back woods. I watched some youtube vids and the description matched. I ate two. If i'm dead in the morning, y'all know why.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    all the best
    Options
    I'm also drinking Evan Williams. I think bourbon may counteract berry poison. Thoughts?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    I'm also drinking Evan Williams. I think bourbon may counteract berry poison. Thoughts?
    Worth a try
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    has worked for me...late dinner with some friends
    Options
    The Buffalo's game is on point tonight.

I guess with all the referees throwing flags the Buffalo had to review the play and make the call - PLONK!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    99% sure we have black raspberry bushes all over our back woods. I watched some youtube vids and the description matched. I ate two. If i'm dead in the morning, y'all know why.

Could be black berries...either way good
    hunting!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    edited June 2018
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:

Could be black berries...either way good
    hunting!
    They seem too small for blackberries, unless the store bought blackberries are some jumbo version. I'll post some pics the weekend.

Anyone have any solid jam recipes?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Options
    Can't beat a burger bar with chips and salsa as a side. Nicely done.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Gathered some stuff up to take over to my buddy's place tomorrow. I hear there's a pig to cook for Saturday or something.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    When the house next door to you comes up for sale let me know please.

I'll offer them top dollar. TOP dollar.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• 4littleeggs
    Options
    Second time go around with a brisket. Gotta wait til next weekend to throw the pork belly on.. Too long to wait
    It's the cow that drives the meat!!

XL Egg, Mini Max, Mini,  17" Blackstone 
    Wi
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Note to self: don't get drunk at a low country boil and forget to drain the pot.  Was a weird combination of delicious and stanky smelling.  I was draining it on the street and I'm sure half the people out there thought I was dumping engine oil (which would have smelled better).
    Shitter’s full Clark
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Holy crap @YukonRon good luck and have a blast!!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @nolaegghead.. I know its been suggested before but Carey can't you please just start a food post, and just post your cooks and meals on that one... F#%*ing amazing pics and inspirational stuff man...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Holy crap @YukonRon good luck and have a blast!!
    Thank you Jeremiah. We will see how it all works out.

I am not overly optimistic on either Shasta or Hood, but will give it a go. It will not be the first time I will check the DNS box (did not summit) next to a couple of peaks.

Weather is the major issue. I am a slow and deliberate climber, and weather is almost unpredictable in the Cascades.

I have zero intention of not making it back alive. 130 have not on Hood, 100 on Shasta. I will not be adding to those numbers...I have to get back and graciously accept the trophy for the best wings ever in September.

A blast will be had.

You all be safe on your trip. I know you will have fun.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Camper is packed, truck is packed. 11 hours of work tomorrow, then it’s on like donkey Kong for 8 days. Wooooohoooooo
    I hope you guys have the best of times. Safe travels.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    #Killit&GrillitIgotstanktoo
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Drinking a beer and getting ready to pick up the dogs poop before I mow.

And no, not with my hands. I save that for winter when it's frozen ;) 
    I used to pick up the dog poop with my hands.  I had surgical gloves on, but the neighbors couldn't tell.  Always got funny looks.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    trolling and prepping a fire for sum burgahz
    A buddy of mine started a webiste (don't think its live any more) and facebook/twitter group called **** Paul Ryan.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    It would be more clever if the coozey were red... even better if it was a hat. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave