Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    Options
    @bgebrent , @YukonRon , @Cornholio , @thetrim   Thanks for your compliments.  I can't even match most of you guys on the board so I just do my own thing, but this last year or so and especially Butt Blast and Hiawassee made me realize that enjoyment of food provides a way of bonding with a very special and eclectic group of individuals who give far more than they receive. I've found some of the most caring and giving individuals I've ever been around in my young life on this board.  Hope to be around for many more.  May not post any cooks for a while - going to concentrate on the grilled peach idea some more and work on presentation to try to match some of the really creative ones here.
    Trim - I'll accept that as a compliment from an Army guy to an Air Force guy. :)
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Where you headed @DoubleEgger ??
    Northern Minnesota. Fishing. 
    @DoubleEgger  Awesome please post pictures.

Tight lines my friend!!  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,648
    Options
    @alaskanassasin That Central Grocery olive salad is good schtuff.  Watch out for pits. 

I tried making my own muffaletta bread once, complete fail.  I don't give up easily, but it's easy to find here.  Some things you can't make better than the pros. 
    Yes! We visited in 2006 and just wandered into Central Grocery, I left a changed man, I had never heard of a muffaletta but boy that was a treat!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    Catching up on some magazines and applauding this one (Bon Apetít) for giving a color blind graphics designer a job (perhaps only temporarily?).

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Picked this up today for super cheap off the Columbia Craigslist. Can’t find serial numbers anywhere though....

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Sitting in traffic.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Teammate brought some breakfast for the Blackstone. The reseason on the Blackstone makes the world of difference. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Teammate brought some breakfast for the Blackstone. The reseason on the Blackstone makes the world of difference. 

It’s probably just the perspective, but my god, are those ostrich eggs?
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Don't post much, but have been into the vino so why not.  Plating isn't much, but I'm a retired accountant - debits and credits only - just eat.

Was going to make @bgebrent 's potato encrusted halibut - but was told in no uncertain terms that if I so much as looked at a mandolin ever again, i'd lose more than a finger tip.  So, she got steak.  And I have a bottle of Zin.

Brother Henry....that is a beautiful plate of food and feast you laid out right there for your lady. I wish you 47 more. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    WeberWho said:

It’s probably just the perspective, but my god, are those ostrich eggs?
    Haha. Just at a different angle. I didn't realize my sister-in-law was taking pictures 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

How'd the Gochi-jong glaze (too lazy to spellcheck) turn out? Will you be using it again? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    pretty much sums up my putting game

https://youtu.be/vEDZICHA1H0
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SonVolt said:

How'd the Gochi-jong glaze (too lazy to spellcheck) turn out? Will you be using it again? 
    Been using it.  I'm about half way through that container.   It tastes delicious.  Might be a bit spicy for some, but you can get lower heat versions or use less.  I jammed a bunch under the skin in this case.  The skin was delicious.
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SonVolt
    Options
    I love the stuff as a dip, never rubbed it onto a meat before grilling. I need to try that soon. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    smfh
    town just laid off 52 teachers,  5 police captains pays go up to $432,295.00 each july 1st.  wth.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    edited June 2018
    Options
    smfh
    town just laid off 52 teachers,  5 police captains pays go up to $432,295.00 each july 1st.  wth.

Wait... A police captain's salary is almost half a mill? What police district is this, Beverly Hills?
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    smfh

Wait... A police captain's salary is almost half a mill? What police district is this, Beverly Hills?
    If so, I chose the wrong path that led to a career in IT :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    smfh

this is a tiny 50,000 people town that thinks its a city. average salary is low 30k for its citizens.  its insane, methuen is not boston where the police commissioner makes a measly 238k.  just blows my mind
    fukahwee maine

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

SonVolt said:
    smfh

this is a tiny 50,000 people town that thinks its a city. average salary is low 30k for its citizens.  its insane, methuen is not boston where the police commissioner makes a measly 238k.  just blows my mind

And politicians and city leaders wonder why no one trusts them and their approval ratings are in the low double digits.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    Ah, yes...Nepotism

If this were happening in the Midwest, i.e. Indiana, there would be people marching to city hall with pitchforks

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/06/25/raises-for-methuen-police-threaten-put-town-financial-jeopardy/Ru7JyZwCQGiXchM28u8seO/story.html
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Instant Pot Lentil soup - light lunch, only ate 3 bowls. Need to get some pumpernickel bread for the next round. Really tasty.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    Options
    this place had me drooling for a mufuletta sandwich. went to the only place that makes them here, 2 towns over. no longer on the menu....devastated.   look the menu over,...cubano sandwich...hot pressed on ciabata...porchetta piled on, black Forrest ham, cheddar, thin sliced pickle, dijon.   porchetta, where you been all my life =)
    fukahwee maine

• SonVolt
    Options
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    smfh

"Mayor James P. Jajuga, whose son is one of the police captains who stands to benefit from the pay raises, said he is hoping to reach an agreement with the superior officers’ union that would lower the salaries that captains, lieutenants, and sergeants would receive under the police contract that Jajuga voted for when he was a city councilor last year."

What an insane situation for that town.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Wondering how I've managed to miss the boat this long on carbon steel cookware.  

Phoenix