Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Bourbon barrel aged Worcestershire? Good god man that sounds great! Very cool. 
    As one who has made Worcestershire sauce in the past as gifts for neighbors.....let me just say i an not worthy anymore. Bourbon barrel aged....d@mn.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options
    I feel like I won the Wisconsin Lottery thanks to @Ima_good_egg. She went above and beyond anything I could’ve imagined receiving.  I used to live in Milwaukee for two years, but I’ve never tried any of the items in the box, there was literally something for everyone.

We are especially looking forward to the spicy olives and my wife will be popping some of that popcorn for a party on the 4th. Thank you so much Tanya!

Nice draw and haul. Congrats and enjoy.

• Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    Options
    @Greedygoat, I’m so glad it arrived intact! I had such a fun time shopping for it all. The olives are a huge favorite in our house. And the popcorn as well. Enjoy!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    Options
    Many of the items were new to me as well, so I’ll be trying them along with you. As I bought doubles.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    To all the folks getting Plowboys Yardbird, you are in for a treat.  Don't skimp on it. Amazon sells it in five lb bags.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    @Space_city_egger, I was blown away. Super awesome selection. 
    Looks like a KC friend sent this package. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    I received a message that my elf sent a package. It is due to arrive on the 28th. As a coincidence I sent a smaller box to somebody who just got a smoker in Texas and it is also due to arrive on the 28th. That is going to be a fun day. 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    How did you get @Space_City_Egger ? That note has my name on it
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Intrigue!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    @Tspud1
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Read the whole thread and just glad to see my recipient hasn’t posted a “where the F’s” my box post yet. Work got in the way but it went out today. Now it just has to get by US customs. What could possibly go wrong there?  
    Says mine has shipped to me as well but still waiting. I’m “running back to Saskatoon” this week so I have the Mrs on high alert with strict instructions not to open it but she also rarely listens to me so who knows. 

You guys have all gone over and above. I won’t say what I spent but it was well past $35 and doesn’t come close to most of what you all have done. Great job. 

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @gmac- based on f'ing with customs I can appreciate the added level of pain in that endeavor, same for your incoming.  And since I'm here-the #38 cleaver is going strong.  Thanks again.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mclayborn79
    Options
    I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. I just assumed it was a swap with whomever your package to. My package went to @Space_City_Egger, and I assumed the one I got came from him.  I bet he was confused when i sent him a thank you note. Well @Tspud1 your package rocked, I was thrilled to get everything in there. Blues hog is my fav sauce so that worked out fantastic. The Cimarron Docs smelled awesome. I can't wait to try it. 
  • nolenut19
    nolenut19 Posts: 76
    Options
    blind99 said: 
    Here's the place to show off your new rubs and sauces!  Please post pix and thank your Elfster.  On behalf of @cazzy, @northgacock, and myself, thanks for participating!
    Thanks for putting it on and thanks for another awesome Texas package second year in a row getting gifts from Texas. Super stoked to see more Salt Lick. 
  • northGAcock
    edited June 2018
    Options
    nolenut19 said:

Those Texans sure know how to live....and you too will be in for some good living. Congrats and a beautiful haul.

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    nolenut19 said:

@nolenut19 did I forget to put a note in the box?  I was having a Monday for a Friday when I sent that. Did the franklins sauce make it?  I didn’t realize I did more rubs than sauce.  We don’t use that much sauce out here. Hope you enjoy!
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • nolenut19
    nolenut19 Posts: 76
    Options
    nolenut19 said:

@nolenut19 did I forget to put a note in the box?  I was having a Monday for a Friday when I sent that. Did the franklins sauce make it?  I didn’t realize I did more rubs than sauce.  We don’t use that much sauce out here. Hope you enjoy!
    No there was a note a bit difficult to read. The one salt lick sauce was the only that survived  I am more of a rub man myself. I loved the package. I need to move to Texas. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    nolenut19 said:
    nolenut19 said:

No there was a note a bit difficult to read. The one salt lick sauce was the only that survived  I am more of a rub man myself. I loved the package. I need to move to Texas. 
    this is why I let UPS Pack mine  =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    nolenut19 said:
    nolenut19 said:

That is a bummer.  I thought I packed it really well.  Damn Post Office.  I can resend them if you would like.  Its no trouble at all.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Just got notified mine was delivered a bit ago, wife is on her way to bring it in. Cant wait!!!!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @nolenut19 Re Texas - I’m just hoping repeat participants didn’t draw the same people as in the past. Next year we’ll let people tell us who they’ve drawn before, or who they’ve gotten packages from, if they want, and try to work that into the setup.  Logistics!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Options
    Holy crap!  Great box!!!!  
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Great job Nick, very generous. 

Johns Creek, Georgia