Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Money back guarantee

Options
2»

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    just kidding, buddy.  don't see the other hand.  welcome back!
    Don’t forget I’m cooking a couple of cow heads on Grims Vault next weekend. Feel free to come over brother. May boil up some crab and shrimp while we are at it. 
     Buh damn, I have plans next weekend.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    You're cleanin' up well these days, Scottie.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    Thanks for the post, man. 
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    Brother Tex, thought I would give Ron a break and hijack your thread. I ask for forgiveness up front. 
    With that said and aside, I went on eating binge tonight as a treat for finally getting home from offshore. 
    I got it started with a cup of seafood gumbo and shrimp bisque. Couldn’t decide which I wanted so I said what the fukk and got both. 

Next I got a 2 pound order of ribeye cheese fries. That’s not a typo, ribeye, fries, cheese and gravy on the side. Simply magnificent. 

For the main course, I thought why not. I went with the seafood platter. Soft shell crabs, shrimp, oysters, fish and hush puppies.

Brother Tex, thanks for the welcome back. It’s certainly good to be home my friend. And that offer on the cow head still stands until next Friday. If you or someone else don’t want it, I’m going to cook it on Grim Guys Vault. 

Now that is a meal. That would take me all weekend to eat :)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Are you wearing shorts with tiny anchors?
    Yep. 
    And a shirt to match. You look like you lost a few lbs out there these past few months. Getting back in to fighting shape. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    DMW said:
    Have had it playing in the background. Just went and re-watched the bit about James's grand-dad. I don't care who you are, let's have a hug.
    There’s way more. That was the first of many. 
    Thanks for posting @The Cen-Tex Smoker . This site definitely needed this.  We need many more posts like this.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    DMW said:
    Have had it playing in the background. Just went and re-watched the bit about James's grand-dad. I don't care who you are, let's have a hug.
    Thanks for posting @The Cen-Tex Smoker . This site definitely needed this.  We need many more posts like this.
    Been pretty punchy around here lately. Glad you enjoyed it. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Excellent! Thank you for posting.

For anyone interested in more of Sir Paul, here's a great interview at Rollins College in Florida. Done by a former US Poet Laureate, Billy Collins. 2014, I think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8OY2MKVhpY

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Man. That was amazing. Loved every second.

I had the pleasure pf seeing Paul at Wrigley Field in Chicago when we lived there. Fantastic show.

Two years ago, while we were vacationing in St Barths at Christmas, he and his family sat at the table next to us. It was so cool to hear him just conversing with his wife and step kids in "that voice". 

Nobody bothered him at all.

I'm a huge fan.

Thanks, @The Cen-Tex Smoker 
    Somebody has a job. You take nice vacations :) 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    dmchicago said:

I had the pleasure pf seeing Paul at Wrigley Field in Chicago when we lived there. Fantastic show.

Two years ago, while we were vacationing in St Barths at Christmas, he and his family sat at the table next to us. It was so cool to hear him just conversing with his wife and step kids in "that voice". 

I'm a huge fan.

We made the decision a few years ago to collect less possessions and more experiences. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:

I'm a huge fan.

We made the decision a few years ago to collect less possessions and more experiences. 
    Very wise decision.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    And a shirt to match. You look like you lost a few lbs out there these past few months. Getting back in to fighting shape. 
    Unfortunately my fighting days are behind me, but yeah I have dropped 54 pounds. In the pic I posted above, I’m exactly 200 pounds with a 35 inch waist. Down from 254 and a 46 inch waist. 
    A comparison, me 8 months ago at 254. 

Me now at 200. 

My goal is to get down to 185. 
    You look 10 years younger! Awesome. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Watching this was indeed a bright spot of the day. Feel good vibes for sure. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    SGH said:
    Unfortunately my fighting days are behind me, but yeah I have dropped 54 pounds. In the pic I posted above, I’m exactly 200 pounds with a 35 inch waist. Down from 254 and a 46 inch waist. 
    A comparison, me 8 months ago at 254. 

Me now at 200. 

My goal is to get down to 185. 
    So you're cutting back to only 10 pounds of food per meal?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Great video- normally an endearing segment but wow... that one was awesome. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Really enjoyed the video! Thanks Cen-Tex!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Thanks brother Tex. I don’t know if I look any younger or not, but I certainly appreciate the compliment just the same.  Dropping the weight has helped my knees considerably. I was honestly starting to have a lot of trouble getting around. If I can get down to my goal of 185 I’m going to have both my knees replaced. I figure it was a waste of money as long as I was real heavy. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    Thanks brother Tex. I don’t know if I look any younger or not, but I certainly appreciate the compliment just the same.  Dropping the weight has helped my knees considerably. I was honestly starting to have a lot of trouble getting around. If I can get down to my goal of 185 I’m going to have both my knees replaced. I figure it was a waste of money as long as I was real heavy. 
    Get down to 185 and you might not need to have your knees replaced. Good on you man, it isn't easy. Before I dropped a few lbs, my knees and joints ached all the time. Now, not so much anymore.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    Get down to 185 and you might not need to have your knees replaced. Good on you man, it isn't easy. Before I dropped a few lbs, my knees and joints ached all the time. Now, not so much anymore.
    Thank you brother D. But it wouldn’t matter if I got down to 100 pounds, sadly the knees are gone. Been having trouble with them for about 7 years now. They are so bad now that I can’t hardly deal with it. That’s what finally pushed me to lose the weight and then have the surgery.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    while you're down there...
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    I'm beginning to think we need another British Invasion.
    Should never have kicked us out in the first place, things were so much better when we were in charge. After brexit, I'm sure we could be pursuaded to run your country for you, for a small fee of course.
  • SGH
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    So you're cutting back to only 10 pounds of food per meal?
    I have definitely dialed it back. Not so much how much I eat, but more on the side of what I eat and drink. I still eat a large volume of food, but not so much of the horrid crap that I use to eat. 
    Here is an example, I went to Gollotts just now and started with a nice salad. I use to never eat salad but I finally found a salad that appeals to me 
    Bacon and ribeye salad:

Next I ate a heathy appetizer of Shrimp bisque, something small instead of my usual fare:

Next I had only 1 pound of Royal Reds. There was a time that 1 pound would of been an insult to me. 

For the main course I dialed down to a soft shell crab plate instead of a seafood platter. 

The only cheat that I did was treat myself to the ribeye fries again with cheese and gravy. Couldn’t resist =)

So with all that said, I still eat a large volume compared to most people. However all the above use to be just a starter for me. I have cut my volume at least in half. Also I cut out all coke and sodas across the board. So far it seems to be working pretty good.  

Status- Standing by.