Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,757
    Options
    mlc2013 said:

Homemade dry sausage!!!  Wow @mlc2013 - that looks amazing!!!
    Its an old family recipe and not to toot my own horn it is damn good, people line up for hours on the holidays to buy it from me
    @mlc2013 mind sharing your store here and can you order online, I know I am going to want more
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    Package is on it's way. From what I've seen you guys aren't elfsters, your freakin St. Nick himself.

XL BGE
    MD
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    mlc2013 said:

Homemade dry sausage!!!  Wow @mlc2013 - that looks amazing!!!
    Its an old family recipe and not to toot my own horn it is damn good, people line up for hours on the holidays to buy it from me
    I'd love to know where/how as I have friends and family in your area.
    Thanks!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    GATravellerlkapigian,  I do not ship from my store Pasta Time in Bethpage Long Island New York. When ever you want some just sent me a message and ill get some out to you. I make a new batch every 30-35 days or so the ones I sent you were just over 35 days old. I use no preservatives so if your going to hold them for a while just let them sit in an oil bath so they don't turn or get rock hard.

My god did you hear that? ..........

Oh no Ive said to much already and my grandfather is turning in his grave.

Gotta go!!!!
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Nice haul you got there!

Little Rock, AR

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Well look at @evie1370 from Cinci! 

My wife came walking in with this box and said, "Dang this box is HEAVY!"

Some awesome selections in here I have yet to try. (I say that as I sit here at my desk systematically opening them up and sticking my finger in to try BBQ sauces).

I got a laugh out of the Lynchburg sauce. I have one of theirs going out to my Elf. It's made an hour from where I live. They make great stuff. 

Thanks again, Claire! I don’t think that salami is going to make it very long in that kitchen. 

(And I got a good laugh out of the chili. That stuff has a cult following up there!)

Glad you got it! Hope you enjoy. Let me know how you like the rubs, the Bubba Rub is something i have not tried yet. And thanks for posting, I got a big kick out of it!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • mlc2013
    Options
    evie1370; great job on your elfin thats a lot of great goodies. I just wanted to let you know I picked up some of bubbas rub last time I was in ohio and I think there great, but I think most food is great so I guess im not the best judge. I wouldn't be afraid to try it and get some for your own kitchen
    Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013
    Options
    Great looking box. Ben did you right
    Long Island NY    
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,757
    Options
    @mlc2013 the rub is amazing!! Is that course sugar? 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @jwc6160 thank you very much! Box arrived tonight all intact. I haven’t had a single one of these, and all look fantastic - you certainly come from a town with a great BBQ pedigree!

I can’t believe you found a hot sauce with a picture of me on the label....
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @jwc6160 thank you very much! Box arrived tonight all intact. I haven’t had a single one of these, and all look fantastic - you certainly come from a town with a great BBQ pedigree!

Be careful with that "Night if the Living BBQ Sauce" it starts out sweet then your mouth is on fire.
  • jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    blind99 said:

Haha. Yours are so welcome. So, since I’m a newbie to this and forgot to put any info in the box, here you go. 

Meat Mitch- this is probably my current favorite sauce. If you watched the World Series when the Royals were in it a couple years ago they consistently had George Brett on and whenever BBQ came up (a lot) he mentioned Meat Mitch. They are friends and the sauce in your box is delicious. They are opening up a place some time soon. 

LCs- this is a local favorite spot that is very.....old school. 

Roasterie- a local coffee place that makes some rubs and sauces. I’ve never used this particular rub. 

Cowtown- this is all KC Joes (Oklahoma). This is great stuff. KC Joes is the best Bbq in KC and that rub is a great “everything” rub. The sauce is a great spicy sauce I use a lot. 

Grinders- this is a local pizza/sandwich place that really got a boost several years ago when features on Diners Drive Inns and Dives. It’s a pretty good local joint and I thought it would be fun to throw something a little different in the box. 

Thanks again. This was a lot of fun and I look forward to doing it again. I hope you enjoy. 
  • mlc2013
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    @mlc2013 the rub is amazing!! Is that course sugar? 
    its 35 - 40% Turbinado Cane Sugar 

Long Island NY    
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @jwc6160 I definitely will!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • mlc2013
    Options
    dear anonymous sender:
    I dont know who you are,
    I dont know what you want,
    If your looking for ransom I dont have any money, but what I do have I have a very particular set of skills, skills Ive acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you tell me who your are now that would be the end of it! I will not look for you I will not pursue you, but if you dont, I will look for you, I WILL FIND YOU and I will HUG you. Or slap you with a Dry Sausage.
    Long Island NY    
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    It ain’t me. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • mlc2013
    Options
    jeffwit GA isn't that far from TN so your still on my list now I have to figure out if someone else shipped box or if the culprit lives or works or visited TN last week
    Long Island NY    
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I am out of town for work, I have my wife checking 6-7 times a day for a package, she is just taking care of our toddlers she should have time right?  I let my person know it was going to be late and apologized but in due time it will be sent.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    dear anonymous sender:
    I dont know who you are,

I WILL FIND YOU and I will slap you with a Dry Sausage.
    Now it’s a party. 

Hey, for a pack of that sausage I will dime out your Elfster like an extra in a NCIS episode. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    dear anonymous sender:
    I dont know who you are,
    If your looking for ransom I dont have any money, but what I do have I have a very particular set of skills, skills Ive acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you tell me who your are now that would be the end of it! I will not look for you I will not pursue you, but if you dont, I will look for you, I WILL FIND YOU and I will HUG you. Or slap you with a Dry Sausage.
    Wow you have worked hard to try to figure this out- impressive ‘set of skills’ :). I want you on my team and sure would not want to cross you!  Last year I forgot to identify myself in the box I sent- but and you probably already know that...  I didn’t forget this year.
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    According to tracking, the gift I sent arrived yesterday. But it wasn’t to you mlc2013. Post a sausage reward and someone will drop him off on your porch hogtied.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    dear anonymous sender:
    I dont know who you are,
    Lol I know who sent your package.  I think you need to read the announcement thread again!!  BTW...great package you out together.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Great job so far guys!!  Love reading and seeing the packages y'all put together. 

It was hard letting go of the exchange, because it brought me a lot of joy running it!  I will say though... I couldn't have picked a better couple of Eggheads to transition it over to.  Thanks again @blind99 and @northGAcock !!  Great job guys!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    evie1370; great job on your elfin thats a lot of great goodies. I just wanted to let you know I picked up some of bubbas rub last time I was in ohio and I think there great, but I think most food is great so I guess im not the best judge. I wouldn't be afraid to try it and get some for your own kitchen
    Thanks, will do. Next time hubby goes shopping i will have him pick some up. This was so much fun, will do again next year!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • mlc2013
    Options
    My eyes are blood shot from reading this post over and over looking for the clue the I just can't find. Ill give myself a few more days before I up the ante and put some real effort into this;

Killit_and_Grillit said:
    mlc2013 said:
    dear anonymous sender:
    I dont know who you are,

I WILL FIND YOU and I will slap you with a Dry Sausage.
    Now it’s a party. 

Hey, for a pack of that sausage I will dime out your Elfster like an extra in a NCIS episode. 
    patience is a virtue and ill strike soon enough!!

cazzy, Thanks for the compliment and I have read the announcement thread 3 times looking for clues and apparently Im just not catching it YET, but i will mark my words I will.

Gulfcoastguy I hope you put some of your recent catch in the box you shipped

@northGAcock + @blind99 ; Thats again Im real glad I joined this group of misfits ie. eggheads. You guys are doing a great job and I love this exchange. I already know what im doing for next year so if you guys need any help please let me know.
    Long Island NY    
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Anyone else get the sense that @mlc2013 is in the mafia? East coast Italian .. Just sayin'

Lol
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• mlc2013
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Anyone else get the sense that @mlc2013 is in the mafia? East coast Italian .. Just sayin'

Lol
    There’s no such thing as the mafia
    Long Island NY    
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    tracking info said my gift was left on porch. I sent anon email to let them know. Getting worried they went out of town.