Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Mountain Biking

Cornholio
Cornholio Posts: 1,047
I’ve seen at least one other avatar with a bike in it.. who else here rides mountain bikes?  I’ll be honest that riding had most of my attention for the past 5 years or so but now that I have 2 kids my egging has been catching up with more at home time.  

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Occasionally still thrash on my 15 year old Gary Fisher. I'm too old and fat to go balls out these days 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Separated my shoulder mountain biking down Pajarito Mountain many years ago.  Trying to navigate a couple thousand feet of sheer rock with one arm was... not fun.

I get out once in a blue moon now.  Still have the same bike I had in grad school.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Cornholio
    ColtsFan said:
    Occasionally still thrash on my 15 year old Gary Fisher. I'm too old and fat to go balls out these days 
    Nice!  You’re never too old and fat to enjoy pedaling a bike.. ok, maybe that’s not entirely true.  I’ve ridden alongside Gary Fisher during a warm up lap at our local Tuesday night summer race series, he’s a legend.  
  • Cornholio
    Separated my shoulder mountain biking down Pajarito Mountain many years ago.  Trying to navigate a couple thousand feet of sheer rock with one arm was... not fun.

I get out once in a blue moon now.  Still have the same bike I had in grad school.  
    Yikes.. Not as painful of a story as yours but last year during an endurance race I lost my rear brakes just before I got to the peak of the mountain we were racing on.  I had to drop down a pretty technical trail with a couple thousand feet of descent with only front brakes.  I finished 100/103 finishers due to that mechanical but 47 others didn’t even make it to the finish.  
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    just picked up a new hardtail this spring to get back into it after like 15 years out of the game.  I’m definitely a lot fatter and more hesitant than I used to be.  It’s been good for me and I need to get out more considering I live in a destination area for the sport. (Only photo I’ve got of it right now) 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    U_tarded said:
    just picked up a new hardtail this spring to get back into it after like 15 years out of the game.  I’m definitely a lot fatter and more hesitant than I used to be.  It’s been good for me and I need to get out more considering I live in a destination area for the sport. (Only photo I’ve got of it right now) 
    I did some biking up and around Moab before my wreck. Great place for it.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited June 2018
    I ride my 10 year old iron horse now and again. Not as much as when I was in my 20s. We don’t have a lot of great trails here in North Texas. A few but not many by me.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Grillinois
    Grillinois Posts: 165
    I don’t ride mine nearly enough. On paved trails. If they are dry. I know...I know...
    Joliet, IL
    Large, Mini, Stoker, Smobot
  • Cornholio
    U_tarded said:
    Can’t go wrong with a Giant!

I have a couple bikes in the garage of all sizes.

My my son is catching the bug too:

• TEXASBGE2018
    A little off topic - but I have a bike I enjoy cruiseing around town on.  Last Tuesday at 2:47am, my Ring security camera alarm goes off. I review the video and someone has taken my bike from the garage. I called the police and was able to give a good description including the color of his underwear!! 30 minutes later two patrol cars show up at my house.  They have the suspect in the back of one and my bike in the back of the other.  Here are some screen shots from the video:

My wife had left the garage door open - ugh - but I did get my bike back.
    Nice 4runner. We share the same taste in vehicles as well as vehicle colors. I have the same one.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Grillinois
    Grillinois Posts: 165
    @mEGG_My_Day it’s great to hear justice was served. I have a ring floodlight cam watching my eggs. 
    Joliet, IL
    Large, Mini, Stoker, Smobot
  • A little off topic - but I have a bike I enjoy cruiseing around town on.  Last Tuesday at 2:47am, my Ring security camera alarm goes off. I review the video and someone has taken my bike from the garage. I called the police and was able to give a good description including the color of his underwear!! 30 minutes later two patrol cars show up at my house.  They have the suspect in the back of one and my bike in the back of the other.  Here are some screen shots from the video:

Man Flavor Flav has really fallen on hard times.

I knew this thread was gonna go downhill. And before I could find a charger....BOOM

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Cornholio said:
    U_tarded said:

Nice stash.  Moutain bike forums are worse than this place for wallet genocide.  I’ve only got like 200 miles on mine and it will be slow until it cools off a bit, but I’m already eyeing a yeti fs they have at the LBS because I spend too much time looking at bikes and trail videos on YouTube.
  • @Cornholio mad respect on the garage. I did my garage in a similar setup with the signs but it got way overdone real fast when it became an armory/prep kitchen. I love that Texaco light. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    A little off topic - but I have a bike I enjoy cruiseing around town on.  Last Tuesday at 2:47am, my Ring security camera alarm goes off. I review the video and someone has taken my bike from the garage. I called the police and was able to give a good description including the color of his underwear!! 30 minutes later two patrol cars show up at my house.  They have the suspect in the back of one and my bike in the back of the other.  Here are some screen shots from the video:

Nice 4runner. We share the same taste in vehicles as well as vehicle colors. I have the same one.
    I would have been really pissed If my 4Runner had been stolen.  It’s an 07 with 120,000 miles and runs like a champ. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Cornholio
    4Runner?  I like this place!

• TEXASBGE2018

I would have been really pissed If my 4Runner had been stolen.  It’s an 07 with 120,000 miles and runs like a champ. 
    Ya mine is a 2005. I think I just passed 229,000 miles. Only thing I have done is oil changes, replace tires, the brake pads 1 time, and just had to get a new radiator. She runs like the day I drove her off the lot. I hope they do a full redesign soon. I’ll buy another one and drive it into the ground too.

• mEGG_My_Day
    Memphis, TN 

• mEGG_My_Day

Ya mine is a 2005. I think I just passed 229,000 miles. Only thing I have done is oil changes, replace tires, the brake pads 1 time, and just had to get a new radiator. She runs like the day I drove her off the lot. I hope they do a full redesign soon. I’ll buy another one and drive it into the ground too.
    I agree - I’ll buy another one too!
    Memphis, TN 

• GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    edited June 2018
    @mEGG_My_Day glad you got your bike back. Sounds like you need to invest in a 12 gauge. 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    GaBGE said:
    @mEGG_My_Day glad you got your bike back. Sounds like you need to invest in a 12 gauge. 
    Might need several - like Doc Holiday

https://youtu.be/_u5A0H6PkqE

Memphis, TN 

• Cornholio said:
    U_tarded said:

What’s wrong with you? Your car hold is so clean. 

:) 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited June 2018
    I have a specialized out in the garage. Fox fork has blown seals, need to rebuild it. I built the bike 2002 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
     I have $10K invested into my Amp Research from back in the 90s. Cross country, dual slalom and downhill setups for it. Lots of titanium. First in my area to go full suspension for cross country. I rode hard and competitively for a few years. One Summer, 4 of my regular riding buddies were laid up with broken bones. I hung it up in my Parent's garage and only have taken it out for a ride home from the auto service center since. I can't afford to get injured and we were pushing boundaries each ride.
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited June 2018
    I have a Titus Motolite, replaced my 20 year old Jamis FS..  It is from back when they were made in Tempe, Az.  Love it and try ride a few times a month, but between Jeeps, Quads, and horses I am running out of free days to ride.  Really need to figure out how to retire.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    20 year old Marin - Team Marin, LiteSpeed and Cannondale roadies.  Can’t muster the fire to get on them.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    I'm just here to say, a good quality steel bike frame is the bees knees, and aluminum bikes suck.   Just saying ;)    Start flaming, it's friday =)