Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    i didn't mean it that way, sorry if it was taken as a smckdown
    i didn't mean it that way, sorry if it was taken as a smckdown
    I think we all understand that you just got caught up in the exuberance of the moment/party and wanted to share a rocking good time (and thank you - I like the way you roll!) and no ill will was intended.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    bgebrent said:
    Lamb rib chops done hot on the MM. Marinated in olive oil, fresh oregano, lemon zest and juice, garlic and thyme.  N’s garden ‘maters.  Cooked chops to 120 which is how I prefer them.  Happy Thursday.

Nice looking lamb. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    All in know is that for the first time in many, many years I will miss the annual crawfish boil that a friend over-nights in around 125 lbs of live crawfish from NO for.  Happens on 6/23 and I have an event several hundred mikes away that I have to attend.   I will get sloppy seconds on Sunday so there's that.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    bgebrent said:
    Nice. Don't work too hard today at the office.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Thanks Dwayne. I’ve got some work to do. Certainly prefer to do it here. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    bgebrent said:
    Brent...there is nothing wrong with working in a pleasant environment. They just be jealous. Work on brother.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited June 2018
    Eoin said:
    Just caught the end of a practice session at RAF Scampton, perfect day for it today. 

Nice!!  Definition of a "Blue Bird Sky"

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    edited June 2018
    ^^^ Hill AFB has their bi-annual air show this weekend, the USAF Thunderbirds arrived yesterday (happened to catch their landing in between meetings/buildings) and saw a WWII German bomber (Dornier?) flying in at the end of the day.  They minimized manning today (I had to swap my off-Friday) and they're running all kinds of terrorist response exercises on base (sadly, the world we live in now).  Expecting similar "Blue Bird Skies" and 500,000 people.  Too big a crowd for me, but I may drag out my new 500mm and try to get some pics one of the days (I'm fairly close to the base).   

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Eoin said:
    Just caught the end of a practice session at RAF Scampton, perfect day for it today. 

CAVU!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    HeavyG said:
    Eoin said:

CAVU!
    We don't see that often here in the UK.
  • I just sent an email to Bruce this morning and he covered my warranty in less than half a hour. 

Dude is like Domino's. 30 minutes or less. I'm always baffled by people that say they can't ever get anyone at BGE to respond. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I just sent an email to Bruce this morning and he covered my warranty in less than half a hour. 

Dude is like Domino's. 30 minutes or less. I'm always baffled by people that say they can't ever get anyone at BGE to respond. 
    You get the Forum Legend treatment. 
  • @DoubleEgger I'm sure not putting my handle in the email almost guaranteed faster service. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DoubleEgger
    edited June 2018
    @DoubleEgger I'm sure not putting my handle in the email almost guaranteed faster service. 
    The guys at corporate are great. I drive over to the mothership and I’m in and out in five minutes. Dominos doesn’t have anything on BGE. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    @DoubleEgger I'm sure not putting my handle in the email almost guaranteed faster service. 
    The guys at corporate are great. I drive over to the mothership and I’m in and out in five minutes.  
    That's what she said.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Jeremiah said:
    @Sea2Ski while I share your frustration with chainsaws, they might have still done a “full tune up” but just failed to put a load on it. On the side of the case there’s two screws. One should say “L” one “H”. You can fine tune it with these...here’s a video: https://youtu.be/M6T5JoGXcHY
    dude’s drinking beer...pure chainsaw awesomeness. 
    Thanks @Jeremiah I watched the video 2 times now.  I am going to take it out now and mess with it. I knew what those two screws did, but never messed with them.  No time like the present. 

@YukonRon nope the bar is straight and tension on the chain is snug but not tight. I feel as though it is where it should be. 

@northGAcock  thanks for...  well.... Hmmmm....  nothing...

Lets see see how it goes
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    bgebrent said:
    Got any fish in that lake?  
    Looks fantasticly peaceful!  Hope you enjoyed it!
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Sea2Ski said:
    bgebrent said:
    There are approximately zero fish in Lake Lanier. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • DoubleEgger
    Sea2Ski said:
    Jeremiah said:
    @Sea2Ski while I share your frustration with chainsaws, they might have still done a “full tune up” but just failed to put a load on it. On the side of the case there’s two screws. One should say “L” one “H”. You can fine tune it with these...here’s a video: https://youtu.be/M6T5JoGXcHY
    dude’s drinking beer...pure chainsaw awesomeness. 
    Thanks @Jeremiah I watched the video 2 times now.  I am going to take it out now and mess with it. I knew what those two screws did, but never messed with them.  No time like the present. 

@YukonRon nope the bar is straight and tension on the chain is snug but not tight. I feel as though it is where it should be. 

Lets see see how it goes
    If that remedy doesn’t work, double check the gasket installation. Might have gotten out of whack. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Sea2Ski said:
    bgebrent said:
    It’s a nationally recognized striper lake. 20-30lb fish are caught on the regular. Tons of large spotted bass (4-5+lb) too. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    @Sea2Ski,

Its Lake Sydney Lanier north of the ATL.  It has about 675 miles of shoreline (cue @DoubleEgger for fact checking).  It’s full of all kinds of bass, crappie, etc...  Michael fishes it regularly.  It was a peaceful Friday morning to be boating at sunrise.  We enjoyed it for sure, thank you.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Everybody is bringing straws
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    bgebrent said:
    @Sea2Ski,

Its Lake Sydney Lanier north of the ATL.  It has about 675 miles of shoreline (cue @DoubleEgger for fact checking).  It’s full of all kinds of bass, crappie, etc...  Michael fishes it regularly.  It was a peaceful Friday morning to be boating at sunrise.  We enjoyed it for sure, thank you.  
    The mornings are awesome on the lake right now. Topwater action is great until the sun gets on the water. You’ll go from bass jumping 15-20 per minute to nothing in the span of five minutes though. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164

Sea2Ski said:

Lets see see how it goes
    If that remedy doesn’t work, double check the gasket installation. Might have gotten out of whack. 
    Always here for you brother. =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow