Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    @mlc2013 you can post and keep a few tricks  to yourself, how are we going to learn....That Stuff Was Amazing!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I'm not sure where to even start, words or picture cannot to justice to the From The Heart package this was. a Big Shout Out to @mlc2013 a great selection of rubs and sauces, but what really makes this great is the Home Made Dry Sausage, Soppressata Wine and Pork Rub. That stuff is off the charts and why are you not posting that in the Sausage Thread! Thanks Again @mlc2013 I have work to do on my package finishing up today or tomorrow 

Wow! Way to knock it out of the park with the sausage @mlc2013. We're off to a great start! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Homemade dry sausage!!!  Wow @mlc2013 - that looks amazing!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Awesome!  Everybody is setting the bar pretty high. 

Little Rock, AR

• jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options

No kidding. This is my first one and I’m feeling I didn’t send enough after seeing these. 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    @mlc2013 where is the salt and pepper?

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• lkapigian
    Options
    jwc6160 said:

No kidding. This is my first one and I’m feeling I didn’t send enough after seeing these. 
    Glad I have an extra day for that reason
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    jwc6160 said:

Yeah I’ve got more shopping to do. 

Little Rock, AR

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I meant to send mine out today but drinking happened yesterday and I didnt go shopping for the last items. Will send tomorrow hopefully

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    You really oughta quit picking on me. 

Little Rock, AR

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You really oughta quit picking on me. 
    I would but you seem to be a Razorback....so there is that.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Good point!

Little Rock, AR

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    In all seriousness, I love the exchange. Over the years I’ve gotten packages from texas, minnesota, georgia, nebraska, and indiana. Just a lot of fun. 

Little Rock, AR

• beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    In all seriousness, I love the exchange. Over the years I’ve gotten packages from texas, minnesota, georgia, nebraska, and indiana. Just a lot of fun. 
    Hope you enjoyed the South Ga hawl
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    jwc6160 said:

Using your comments with no intention to pick on you.......Please all understand that this is not a contest to see who can send the most or best things. We should all be thankful for what our elfer sends us. The guidelines are to provide a minimum of $35...and in reality that may need to be upped next year as I believe the $35 minimum might be getting obsolete given inflation. I think you give what you can afford and what you think your match might enjoy. Please do not put pressure on yourself to match others....this is supposed to be fun and not judgmental. We also may not know what our elfesters may be experiencing in their life financially, available time, skill and knowledge of food. Remember we are all here to learn and enjoy each others experiences. Oh and to give each other a bit of good natured $hit when it applies.

I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy your packages. 
    Completely agree. And, like Christmas, I find more enjoyment in what I give than what I get. Although I do like getting stuff...  =)
    Agree 100%.  You can imagine my disappointment last time when my draw posted nothing about the box I sent.......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Man I have loved it all!  I still have some georgia sauce. Just hate to eat what little I have left. 

Little Rock, AR

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    jwc6160 said:

Using your comments with no intention to pick on you.......Please all understand that this is not a contest to see who can send the most or best things. We should all be thankful for what our elfer sends us. The guidelines are to provide a minimum of $35...and in reality that may need to be upped next year as I believe the $35 minimum might be getting obsolete given inflation. I think you give what you can afford and what you think your match might enjoy. Please do not put pressure on yourself to match others....this is supposed to be fun and not judgmental. We also may not know what our elfesters may be experiencing in their life financially, available time, skill and knowledge of food. Remember we are all here to learn and enjoy each others experiences. Oh and to give each other a bit of good natured $hit when it applies.

Completely agree. And, like Christmas, I find more enjoyment in what I give than what I get. Although I do like getting stuff...  =)
    Agree 100%.  You can imagine my disappointment last time when my draw posted nothing about the box I sent.......
    jeffwit said:
    jwc6160 said:

Same thing happened to me. @cazzy even reached out to him to nudge him to do it, and he never did. There was some good stuff in that box, too.
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options

@GATraveller @jeffwit same thing happen to me a couple  of years ago.  The guy hasn't post since or least under the same name.  I did get to see some of the items I sent to him because he re-gifted them to someone else.

Edina, MN

• lkapigian
    Options
    Budgeezer said:

@GATraveller @jeffwit same thing happen to me a couple  of years ago.  The guy hasn't post since or least under the same name.  I did get to see some of the items I sent to him because he re-gifted them to someone else.

Ouch!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I have been sitting at the computer all day doing research on a project.

2 delivery trucks have passed my house in the past hour. Oh the anticipation.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    lkapigian said:
    I'm not sure where to even start, words or picture cannot to justice to the From The Heart package this was. a Big Shout Out to @mlc2013 a great selection of rubs and sauces, but what really makes this great is the Home Made Dry Sausage, Soppressata Wine and Pork Rub. That stuff is off the charts and why are you not posting that in the Sausage Thread! Thanks Again @mlc2013 I have work to do on my package finishing up today or tomorrow 

Wow! Way to knock it out of the park with the sausage @mlc2013. We're off to a great start! 
    Thanks, i just sent what I know I would of enjoyed opening and hoped for the best
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • mlc2013
    Options

Homemade dry sausage!!!  Wow @mlc2013 - that looks amazing!!!
    Its an old family recipe and not to toot my own horn it is damn good, people line up for hours on the holidays to buy it from me
    Long Island NY    
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Me this week whenever I hear the door bell ring..

https://goo.gl/images/l9gats

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • mlc2013
    Options

@mlc2013 where is the salt and pepper?
    lkapigian i never shipped you the zebra rub.
    I was going to send a third box out first with just the salt and pepper and then the other 2 boxes on the next day but not sure how well that would have been received.
    Long Island NY