Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Low country boil

WoodersonWooderson Posts: 86
edited June 21 in EggHead Forum
Fingerling potatoes, shrimp, corn on the cob, onion, andouille sausage, turkey smoked sausage, lemon.  Old Bay seasoning, butter, fresh garlic, lemon juice, cracked pepper and seav salt and some water. 350, indirect, bring to a boil until potatoes are tender.  Serve with warm wheat bread to mop up the juice . Welcome to flavor country.

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,868
    Sounds like a good idea.  I think I'll do one tonight.

• GoldenQGoldenQ Posts: 306
    wonderful meal    I need to try it
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,975
    That’s a staple here in sc. Dizzy pig’s lemon pepper seasoning gives it a little kick. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
    aight.  we in da berl nah

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,003
    Jeremiah said:
    That’s a staple here in sc. Dizzy pig’s lemon pepper seasoning gives it a little kick. 
    We go full on with Zatarains, and wine. =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Show off!  Next invite?
    sat.  fly down

edited June 22
    Nola is a total heel for

hijacking your great post.
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,827

Gawjus spread right there!
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,917
    Nice cook @Wooderson
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,299
    Nice cook @Wooderson

"If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,948
    I can tell you this, I absolutely love these cooks. I love the fun, the food, the folks.
    No better time than what you see right here.
    We gotta do one of these at brisket camp.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,948
    That crawfish cooker got a lot of action tonight....great job.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
    alright.   I'm an ass.  sorry.  this was actually planned a couple days ago.

• Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,035
     Lol! You are still an ass.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
    coincidence of fortuitousness

• SGHSGH Posts: 25,028
    You should be whipped for hijacking that mans thread =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • leemschuleemschu Posts: 449
    @nolaegghead totally jealous of your New Orleans  people and your seafood and crawfish 
    winding down.. peeling all the leftovers.  drinking lots o wine...

• DMWDMW Posts: 13,187
    sat.  fly down
    If you are serious about this, I might fly down and crash your party.
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
    bring it

i will make it happen 

edited June 22
    fin.  couple people left, one spending the night.  we planned this on Tuesday, just thought it cool the once in a blue moon low country boil thread popped up on the same night.  just having fun.  this would normally be on "what are you doing now "

• blastingblasting Posts: 5,878

@Wooderson ; nice cook - don't be gun shy about posting the next cook.  

@nolaegghead ; Hijack of the century award right there!  Dyck move, hilarious, and impressive all at the same time. lol

Phoenix 
  • demodemo Posts: 153
    Nice pics, thanks.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,609
    @Wooderson Great looking banquet right there.  Congrats on starting the thread.  It's that time of year.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • rekameohsrekameohs Posts: 42
    Wooderson said:
    Fingerling potatoes, shrimp, corn on the cob, onion, andouille sausage, turkey smoked sausage, lemon.  Old Bay seasoning, butter, fresh garlic, lemon juice, cracked pepper and seav salt and some water. 350, indirect, bring to a boil until potatoes are tender.  Serve with warm wheat bread to mop up the juice . Welcome to flavor country.

Every one of these I have been to, the corn is always soggy.  Is it supposed to be that way?  I would rather have it out the microwave than soggy.
    Also, it seems many people put the shrimp in way too early and over cook them.