Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I'm sitting here wondering if I really need a Kickash basket for my XL. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I'm sitting here wondering if I really need a Kickash basket for my XL. 
    You don’t. The OEM fire grate provides plenty of air flow. You can burn a couple bags of charcoal before it needs cleaning out. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,105
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @YukonRon I gave up on Costco ribs last year on the 4th. Just pitiful. Also they are far and away the hardest to get silver skin off. Li

That is weird man.  I buy them all the time and have never had an issue taking the membrane off.  Maybe I need to make a trip up to your place to show you how to do this properly,  as well as skunk removal.  

In terms of them being thin, @YukonRon, there is an easy way to prevent that - just look at the weight on the package.  

They always turn out pretty good for me. :i_dunno:
    Maybe your standards are so low it is ok for you....

Just kidding. I know you are a rib master.

The cartilidge and skeletal mass has been well above some previous purchases I have made, so the weight on the outside of the three pack was/is not an accurate indicator of quality or quantity for rib meat. It has happened twice now, and I can buy local, get better quality, and support our neighborhood.

I should have took them back. Shame on me, but I did not. I may pitch them or just go ahead and cook them up for my 7 month old puppy; Rose. She is a growing girl, 7 months old and about 75 pounds now.80" couch she covers a lot of space. Vet told us a couple weeks ago, we only have a couple more years of her growing.

Yea!
     Somebody tricked you.  That is a Shetland Pony.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,105
    Options
    thetrim said:
    HeavyG said:
    Sitting here thinking about coming out of retirement and getting in on the ground floor (so to speak) in the burgeoning field of Space Traffic Management.

Yeah, you could join:

Image result for spaceforce

I would join the Space Force.

Best movie ever.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Thought this might be of interest to folks here.  If you don’t recognize the name, Vaughn is the BBQ editor at Texas Monthly:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Cooked breakfast on the MiniMax, last of the Conecuh sausage.  Went with over easy eggs, first time flipping actually worked for me and this little pan. 

Nice morning here So I decided to put the coals to good use and season my cast iron. MiniMax was a workhorse:

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Because 89th is supposed to be... good?  Obviously you've never watched Talladega Nights.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Tuna for lunch 
    I hate you just a little more with each pic.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    At least someone out there is realistic with their vintage cooker pricing. 
    Sure, but how much would you tip?
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    At least someone out there is realistic with their vintage cooker pricing. 
    $10 would not be worth it for me to come pick that up. They would need to pay me at least $40 to dispose of it for them.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @logchief

She is a Great Pyrenees. She is a mountain guardian for livestock. They have an extra toe on their paws to help them in rugged mountain terrain, and are excellent swimmers.

My Beautiful Wife and I are avid outdoors folk, and this dog is perfect for high elevation and dynamic weather change. A great companion hiking, backpacking, and summiting.

The last dog I had, was a European born Golden Retriever. I thought that dog was the best dog I have ever had. She was was a wonderful friend and companion. We had to put her down Christmas Eve, 6 years ago. I swore then, I would never have another dog, because nothing, in my mind, could ever come close.

I was wrong. 

We bought her for our daughter, this past Christmas, and we have had her more often than she. Glad of it too.

This dog is awesome, and the only dog I would ever place above a Golden Retriever. Golden owners will know what I am talking about, they are great dogs, and if you do not get a Great Pyrenees, I strongly suggest a Golden Retreiver, should you be in the market.

They are curious, fearless, strong willed, gentle, smart, patient, affectionate and confident. Female, non breeders, (which she is), can get up to 120 pounds or more. They are generally smaller than the males of this breed.

Her vision and sense of hearing is amazing, as is her ability to track. 

We walk her twice a day for 5K meters, about 3.2 miles, and often to keep her tracking senses working, either My Beautiful Wife or I will leave early and have Rose find us. She does so with ease.

She is a protector to be sure, and many have are used for protection and perimeter security.

They need a lot of exercise, obviously, and love children. Having a second dog would be a bonus. They love to play. They play until they drop.

They need a lot of time and dedication, and they are pack animals, and you will become part of their pack. They want to be with you, against you, or on your lap.

If you have the time, these are the dogs. They train easily, and are perfect for service animals.

We got ours from a breeder in central Kentucky, which raises livestock on his farm. He uses these dogs to protect against coyotes, and wolves. He was having problems with his cattle and chickens getting picked off, brought these in, and has had zero issues, other than predator carcass removal.

They will also rid your area of rabbits and squirrels, which are very destructive to crops and gardens.

Sorry for the long response.
    We had the pleasure of hosting a GP at the beach last summer. My son was dog sitting for a friend. She was a beautiful animal as well, and full of energy (an understatement). Our Golden tolerated her as best he could but just didn’t have it in him to hang with her. Lucy is on the right, Duke (RIP) on the left. My only disagreement with you here is that I still believe Golden’s to be THE BEST.

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @YukonRon I gave up on Costco ribs last year on the 4th. Just pitiful. Also they are far and away the hardest to get silver skin off. Li

That is weird man.  I buy them all the time and have never had an issue taking the membrane off.  Maybe I need to make a trip up to your place to show you how to do this properly,  as well as skunk removal.  

In terms of them being thin, @YukonRon, there is an easy way to prevent that - just look at the weight on the package.  

They always turn out pretty good for me. :i_dunno:
    Maybe your standards are so low it is ok for you....

Just kidding. I know you are a rib master.

The cartilidge and skeletal mass has been well above some previous purchases I have made, so the weight on the outside of the three pack was/is not an accurate indicator of quality or quantity for rib meat. It has happened twice now, and I can buy local, get better quality, and support our neighborhood.

I should have took them back. Shame on me, but I did not. I may pitch them or just go ahead and cook them up for my 7 month old puppy; Rose. She is a growing girl, 7 months old and about 75 pounds now.80" couch she covers a lot of space. Vet told us a couple weeks ago, we only have a couple more years of her growing.

Yea!
     Somebody tricked you.  That is a Shetland Pony.
    She looked like a polar bear cub for a few months... we were worried
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    edited June 2018
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @logchief

She is a Great Pyrenees. She is a mountain guardian for livestock. They have an extra toe on their paws to help them in rugged mountain terrain, and are excellent swimmers.

My Beautiful Wife and I are avid outdoors folk, and this dog is perfect for high elevation and dynamic weather change. A great companion hiking, backpacking, and summiting.

The last dog I had, was a European born Golden Retriever. I thought that dog was the best dog I have ever had. She was was a wonderful friend and companion. We had to put her down Christmas Eve, 6 years ago. I swore then, I would never have another dog, because nothing, in my mind, could ever come close.

I was wrong. 

We bought her for our daughter, this past Christmas, and we have had her more often than she. Glad of it too.

This dog is awesome, and the only dog I would ever place above a Golden Retriever. Golden owners will know what I am talking about, they are great dogs, and if you do not get a Great Pyrenees, I strongly suggest a Golden Retreiver, should you be in the market.

They are curious, fearless, strong willed, gentle, smart, patient, affectionate and confident. Female, non breeders, (which she is), can get up to 120 pounds or more. They are generally smaller than the males of this breed.

Her vision and sense of hearing is amazing, as is her ability to track. 

We walk her twice a day for 5K meters, about 3.2 miles, and often to keep her tracking senses working, either My Beautiful Wife or I will leave early and have Rose find us. She does so with ease.

She is a protector to be sure, and many have are used for protection and perimeter security.

They need a lot of exercise, obviously, and love children. Having a second dog would be a bonus. They love to play. They play until they drop.

They need a lot of time and dedication, and they are pack animals, and you will become part of their pack. They want to be with you, against you, or on your lap.

If you have the time, these are the dogs. They train easily, and are perfect for service animals.

We got ours from a breeder in central Kentucky, which raises livestock on his farm. He uses these dogs to protect against coyotes, and wolves. He was having problems with his cattle and chickens getting picked off, brought these in, and has had zero issues, other than predator carcass removal.

They will also rid your area of rabbits and squirrels, which are very destructive to crops and gardens.

Sorry for the long response.
    We had the pleasure of hosting a GP at the beach last summer. My son was dog sitting for a friend. She was a beautiful animal as well, and full of energy (an understatement). Our Golden tolerated her as best he could but just didn’t have it in him to hang with her. Lucy is on the right, Duke (RIP) on the left. My only disagreement with you here is that I still believe Golden’s to be THE BEST.

I promise you this, I absolutely understand. This little Rose, just swept us off our feet. She so gentle...and loves attention.
    If she is not the best, she is close. I still miss my Golden, every single day..

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Currently working through a Five Guys mountain.  Ooooh - spicey fries.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    @YukonRon and @NC_Egghead

Those are some great looking dogs!! I am quite intrigued with Great Pyrenees, they sound like an excellent breed. 

I have a black lab/great dane mix named Grizzly... He's 110lbs and likes to eat. This is the scene I come home to when I forget to put away the garbage can.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Focker said:
    Baking in the rain.  Thinned out refried bean, quesadilla rallado, chorizo, egg.

450 for 40 minutes

Thanks Smokeware, @Brisket_Fanatic, and @SSN686.
    Dang @Focker, that looks amazing bro. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Focker said:
    Baking in the rain.  Thinned out refried bean, quesadilla rallado, chorizo, egg.

450 for 40 minutes

That's solid!! Well done. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Cashfan said:

Those are some great looking dogs!! I am quite intrigued with Great Pyrenees, they sound like an excellent breed. 

I have a black lab/great dane mix named Grizzly... He's 110lbs and likes to eat. This is the scene I come home to when I forget to put away the garbage can.

Cashfan said:

Labs are fun, and great dogs to have around.
    Rose is not a 100% angel 24/7...there are times My Beautiful Wife catches her in the flower garden, digging, and then things get real exciting....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@Cashfan  My dog just got a belly rub because of your post.  (she's never done anything like that)

Phoenix 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:

450 for 40 minutes

Good grief!
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Focker said:

450 for 40 minutes

Great idea

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    blasting said:

@Cashfan  My dog just got a belly rub because of your post.  (she's never done anything like that)

He is a 6yr old that was rescued at age 2 and weighed 67lbs. He went to a good home for three years, and has been with me for almost a year now.

Stealing food is his only bad habit. Any food left on the counter or open cupboard is as good as gone. He won't look at it if someone is home, but as soon as I leave, it is game on.

@YukonRon That reminds me when I was young the hogs would get out and go directly to Mom's flower beds and destroy them. She was extremely unhappy when that happened, and Dad always seemed to have some errand to run for the rest of the day after getting them back in.
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I still miss my Golden, every single day..
    Yes, me too. Every day. 

@Cashfan, you’ll want to have plenty of room for either of these breeds to “get their exercise”. A fenced in yard as a bare minimum. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Eating leftovers from last evening and messing around with an old iMac
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Focker said:

450 for 40 minutes

Dang @Focker, that looks amazing bro. 
    Thank you, a fun rip in the rain today. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."