Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spicy Chicken Biscuit with Sausage Gravy

Options
2»

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I would eat that biscuit. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    That looks so good this morning!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Dyal_SC
    The gravy alone earns the DSOA my friend. The biscuits and chicken just puts it over the top. 

Simply a spectacular post :clap:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Dyal_SC
    The gravy alone earns the DSOA my friend. The biscuits and chicken just puts it over the top. 

Simply a spectacular post :clap:
     B)   I’m truly honored. 
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Holy MOLY that looks good!!!!!!!

I mean, the sausage gravy looks fantastic!  The chicken looks fantastic.  Either of them with a great biscuit would be stellar!  But ALL OF THAT AT ONCE?????

I'm DYING, here, just looking at it.  Great stuff!
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Wow so much WIN in this post!  Thank you!!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Amongst all this gravy talk,remember that there’s a homemade biscuit in there too. 
    That’s Mrs. Dyal’s doing. Her recipe:

2 cups all purpose flour
    1 Tbsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    6 Tbsp cold butter
    1 cup buttermilk 

Put dry ingredients and cold butter chunks in food processor. Pulse until combined and “grainy”.  Add buttermilk and run processor until combined into a dough. It’s usually sticky. Put dough into floured surface, pat into a flat square.  Fold it and pat it down again about 6 times. Cut into round biscuits with a drinking glass.  Put them on ungreased cookie sheet with the edges touching, and bake for 10-12 minutes at 450 deg F. 

Best biscuits ever. 
    @foghorn
    You too @jeffwit?

Are you on @20stone’s payroll?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    jeffwit said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Amongst all this gravy talk,remember that there’s a homemade biscuit in there too. 
    That’s Mrs. Dyal’s doing. Her recipe:

2 cups all purpose flour
    1 Tbsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    6 Tbsp cold butter
    1 cup buttermilk 

Put dry ingredients and cold butter chunks in food processor. Pulse until combined and “grainy”.  Add buttermilk and run processor until combined into a dough. It’s usually sticky. Put dough into floured surface, pat into a flat square.  Fold it and pat it down again about 6 times. Cut into round biscuits with a drinking glass.  Put them on ungreased cookie sheet with the edges touching, and bake for 10-12 minutes at 450 deg F. 

Best biscuits ever. 
    @foghorn
    You too @jeffwit?

Are you on @20stone’s payroll?
    Nope, just enjoy busting chops. But if he wants, I’ll take payment in sausage or cured meat. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Duuude. Born and raised in MN, but i'll be damned if people didn't think I was born in the south. Count me in for seconds. 

My good friend from GA taught me how to make sausage gravy.  Biscuits and gravy are a staple in our house now. Bravo.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    i'll be damned if people didn't think I was born in the south. 
    That’s a good thing brother  =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Looks pretty tasty.  Especially when I can't sleep at 0330
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    :o Unreal! Great job! You've provided the gravy and biscuit recipes....how about that delicious looking fried chicken recipe? 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Wow, just wow! Thanks for the recipes. I need to try this - soon!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    :o Unreal! Great job! You've provided the gravy and biscuit recipes....how about that delicious looking fried chicken recipe? 
    Thx guys!  @fence0407 , not really a recipe, but more of a technique. Preheat a CI skillet with some canola/veggie/peanut oil (you pick) to about 350 deg F. About an inch or so deep (you want the displacement to take the oil slightly more than halfway up the chicken when you place them in).  I take thick skinless boneless chicken breasts and slice them in half lengthwise. Then take 2 gallon sized ziplock bags. The chicken slices and some buttermilk go in one and some all purpose flour and panko crumbs go in the other. I also season the flour/bread crumb mix with S&P. After the cold buttermilk has coated the chicken, I take the chicken slices out one by one and dredge them on both sides with the flour/crumb mix. Shake the chicken free of excess flour and lay them into the oil. Fry for a few minutes until you see the breading get golden around the edges. Flip and fry until the other side is golden. Then continue to fry until it’s the desired color. I usually give both sides 2 turns in the oil. Once done, place them on a plate lined with paper towels and season with some more salt. 

Drizzle on some wing sauce if you like spicy. 

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    You just took B & G to a whole new level!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Thanks @Dyal_SC! This looks too good not to try!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Looks amazing @Dyal_SC - thanks for sharing your recipes.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • JustOneOfTheGuys
    Options
    Man, that’s real special right there.   The crust on that chicken looks to die for..  care to share on that?
    Southwestern CT
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Man, that’s real special right there.   The crust on that chicken looks to die for..  care to share on that?
    Thx again guys!  

@JustOneOfTheGuys, if you look above, I shared the fried chicken recipe/technique. I like using cold buttermilk, flour and panko bread crumbs. And using a CI skillet to fry. Turns out great every time. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Thx y’all. Can’t eat this everyday, but it’s nice to cut loose every now and then.  
    I could eat that everyday... I'd just need to make sure a cardiologist was nearby.  That looks fantastic.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • BuzzinBoca
    BuzzinBoca Posts: 13
    Options
    Nailed it.  Dang.  I usually don't crave breakfast, but that would do just fine.