Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @GATraveller yes sir 
    Nice. We have a place up on Wahoo Creek. Although I never see it because of softball. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I just finished a Little Debbie oatmeal cream pie on the beach and cracked another beer.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Alarm went off later than it should have for first ever brisket start. For a small prime grade, this thing just did NOT wanna leave the stall. It's finally getting loose and ready to come off after guests have left. The cow definitely drives the friggin cook...

Overtrimmed a bit and learned a lot even after the first trim. This is going to be a fun adventure!

Pics soon...it's jiggly and looking like a meteorite. Just a few hours too late.  Meat coma here I come! The majority will get frozen for brisket chili. Might call into work tomorrow. Brisket and bourbon sound more fun than the stock market.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Leaving KC. Pork n pickle had great beer.  Good BBQ
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options

Nola, you certainly know how to entertain - killer food as always. 
    Phoenix 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @nolaegghead. It moved. Don’t make it more awkward than it already is...

@FrostyEgg. Congrats. You just started the most disfunctional, expensive, heart breaking, one sided relationship you will ever have in your life. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• FrostyEgg
    Options
    Slicing soon. Meteorite just hit earth. Tiny point on this guy though. 

• FrostyEgg
    Options
    @nolaegghead. It moved. Don’t make it more awkward than it already is...

@FrostyEgg. Congrats. You just started the most disfunctional, expensive, heart breaking, one sided relationship you will ever have in your life. 
    Dude, i'm hooked. Haven't even tasted this thing yet, but the joy I got when it left the stall was overwhelming. It's a work in progress for sure.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Beef ribs coming along!

And one of my amigo! We chilling on the back deck!

Awwww!   Where did you score the ribs, conrad-hinkle?

Yep, I finally got by there to give them a shot.  They were very good.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @DMW. How about, „out of this world?“
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    Options
    I need to stay up for another 27 minutes to check in for our flight tomorrow night. And I'm bored, because everyone else is sleeping. So, I'm posting this now.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options
    DMW said:
    I need to stay up for another 27 minutes to check in for our flight tomorrow night. And I'm bored, because everyone else is sleeping. So, I'm posting this now.
    Did you check-in yet?   Almost 0945 here.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • DMW
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    DMW said:
    Yep, just checked in. Time to finish my bourbon (Bulleit) and head to bed.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    DMW said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    DMW said:
    Such a great trip. If you think about it, the Hawaiian islands are actually the highest mountains on earth.
    Very cool, and thank you for sharing. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Just walked out to the garage to pull ribs out of the Sous Vide. (Dinner for 10 tonight)

Every. Fn. Bag....busted. My wife swears she didn’t just chuck them in last night and slam the top on (with quite a bit of reservation in her voice). Oh well, lesson learned. 

Back to the store. Guess I’ll be doing round 2 the old fashioned way. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    getting close to 100 degrees today, im not ready for that.  hurry up winter
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Just walked out to the garage to pull ribs out of the Sous Vide. (Dinner for 10 tonight)

Every. Fn. Bag....busted. My wife swears she didn’t just chuck them in last night and slam the top on (with quite a bit of reservation in her voice). Oh well, lesson learned. 

Karma!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Options

Bummer dude. I learned a lesson too with ribs.
    I have bought my last, ever bundle of spares st costco.

The last two packs had 3 racks per, and were paper thin. Impossible to cook without SV or pressure cook then smoke.

I am too lazy for that ****. Set them and forget them, while drinking is my style. In less than 5 hours @225F, on spares, they were boot leather. I cooked them knowing they were going to be junk, just to see...

I suppose I have got into a lousy run on these, so back to my butcher for my spares.....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    DMW said:
    Such a great trip. If you think about it, the Hawaiian islands are actually the highest mountains on earth.
    Very cool, and thank you for sharing. 
    This has certainly been an amazing trip. The observatory we visited last night is on  *the* tallest mountain on Earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauna_Kea

Most of it just happens to be under water. The lack of light pollution is absolutely stunning when the sun sets. We didn't go to the summit, as it isn't recommended to take children directly from sea level to almost 14,000 ft.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @YukonRon I gave up on Costco ribs last year on the 4th. Just pitiful. Also they are far and away the hardest to get silver skin off.

If its the fam and close friends I go to our butcher. The masses get Kroger BOGO cryo packs. 

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    Options
    @YukonRon I gave up on Costco ribs last year on the 4th. Just pitiful. Also they are far and away the hardest to get silver skin off.

If its the fam and close friends I go to our butcher. The masses get Kroger BOGO cryo packs. 
    @Killit_and_Grillit

And the choir sings "amen".

I absolutely agree on Kroger BOGO, and even Meir.

My butcher shop also cures their own Country Hams too. I usually get a couple pounds of that sliced up, and put it in the back seat. If it rides up front the ham never makes it home, and My Beautiful Wife stays displeased for days, um, well ok, weeks, ok, the truth is, she gets a bit over reactive for months. 
    I learned my lesson.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

Always had good luck with the Costco bb’s.  I don’t know about then spares, but the Costco BB three pack come without the sliver skin.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Legume said:

Always had good luck with the Costco bb’s.  I don’t know about then spares, but the Costco BB three pack come without the sliver skin.
    The BBs are ok at Costco, I have had them before, and they are not bad. 

But, like Adam said, Kroger has a pretty good product with their BOGO cryos.

I will not do Costco Spares again. I am too fat and lazy to try and make them great, which for me is too much of a struggle to serve a marginal rack of ribs to friends and family. It is a blow to my pride...

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options

That is weird man.  I buy them all the time and have never had an issue taking the membrane off.  Maybe I need to make a trip up to your place to show you how to do this properly,  as well as skunk removal.  

In terms of them being thin, @YukonRon, there is an easy way to prevent that - just look at the weight on the package.  

They always turn out pretty good for me. :i_dunno:
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike