Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    He’s cooking in Home Depot.
    I have never seen a gasser so clean....has to be HD. Great observation.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Saying good bye to a few years of wine.
    About half.
    A wine bar, a couple blocks from our home asked me for corks to add to their decor.
    I said I might be able to help.
    Ron I hesitate to ask this but are those from half of a year or half of all the years you’ve been drinking wine in your home?
    About half over the last 4-5 years, I think.
    If you’re not quite sure or can’t remember at this point I think we’ll give you a pass. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    We had an epic day on the boat.
    Seperate post to follow. 
    Teaser shot:

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    About half.
    A wine bar, a couple blocks from our home asked me for corks to add to their decor.
    My collection is similar.
    My plan is to cut them in half lengthwise, then hot-melt-glue them into a big script letter "B" on the door to my wine cellar, and fill in the background on the door so it's solid cork.  
    Like most of my plans, it's safely stored away in a filing cabinet, but I have the tools to do it!   :)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    First time doing a brisket on the Pit Barrel Cooker today; turned out excellent. Pictures make it look dry, but it wasn't. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @Cashfan - from the bark set-up it looks like you didn't wrap but I didn't think the PBC could last for the duration w/o the foil step.  Regardless, great looking result right there.  Congrats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Botch said:
    YukonRon said:
    About half.
    My collection is similar.
    My plan is to cut them in half lengthwise, then hot-melt-glue them into a big script letter "B" on the door to my wine cellar, and fill in the background on the door so it's solid cork.  
    Like most of my plans, it's safely stored away in a filing cabinet, but I have the tools to do it!   :)
    The place we gave them to, has 4 giant cages that are against a wall. They only had 1 about 75% full. I think this will fill the rest, if not, I will bring them more. I have at least this many more in the garage somewhere, if the children have not snagged them for their dorm rooms or something. My garage is just carnage squared.
    It is a very cool joint, called Wines and K9s. Many folks walk their dogs around here, and this place serves up prime wines and has water dishes and treats for the dogs.
    You can also purchase from their inventory, and they have some awesome labels.
    The place is full of people and a few dogs.
    Around the corner from this wine bar is The Great Flood, which makes killer beers and ciders.
    I love living in the city. This is the coolest area in town, because this place (Highlands), has been featured in several magazines for being the top or in the top 3, places for foodies to hang out.
    Come see. Stay here.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    About half.
    Ron I hesitate to ask this but are those from half of a year or half of all the years you’ve been drinking wine in your home?
    About half over the last 4-5 years, I think.
    If you’re not quite sure or can’t remember at this point I think we’ll give you a pass. 
    @JohnInCarolina

Some things just slip, the older I get. Thank you John.

Lest I forget this:

Happy Fathers Day.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Those corks would make some nice trivets 
  • Cashfan
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Cashfan - from the bark set-up it looks like you didn't wrap but I didn't think the PBC could last for the duration w/o the foil step.  Regardless, great looking result right there.  Congrats. 
    @lousubcap Thanks!
    I wrapped at 160. Put it on at 6, took it off at 11:30, eating at 2. I was surprised at the quality of bark it had as well. 

The temp in the cooker was just beginning to drop when I took it off at 11:30.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Very nice Cash
  • Cashfan
    Options
    Very nice Cash
    Thanks!

Yours looked excellent as well!!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Cashfan said:
    First time doing a brisket on the Pit Barrel Cooker today; turned out excellent. Pictures make it look dry, but it wasn't. 

JC would have written a song about this.
    Awesome cook.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @YukonRon we’re saving ours as well, for a dartboard backdrop. Kind of tough though as most of our wine comes from boxes....
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @YukonRon we’re saving ours as well, for a dartboard backdrop. Kind of tough though as most of our wine comes from boxes....
    Dude, should have told me. I would have rather sent them to you.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

Dinner for 50 tonight for my sister in laws engagement party. Pulled pork and chicken. I finally found a quiet place with ice and A/C. 
    How's the square coming along, still hobbling?
    Great evening my friend.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    YukonRon said:  
    It is a very cool joint, called Wines and K9s. Many folks walk their dogs around here, and this place serves up prime wines and has water dishes and treats for the dogs.
    You can also purchase from their inventory, and they have some awesome labels.
    The place is full of people and a few dogs.
    I want to visit this!  Our local church/state is still in violent argument about "bars that serve food" vs "restaurants that serve alcohol", kids still forbidden in many cases; we're a long way from considering dogs (I lived with two wonderful Corgis for many years).  I retire in less than 2 years and will be coming to visit!

And completely off-topic:  Thank You for your recommendation of Oboz hiking boots about a month ago.  I usually used Merrell's or Teva's; my current Tevas ripped along the upright heel portion, a failure mode I've never seen before.  I took a chance and bought some Oboz mail-order, without trying them on locally.  They were tight the first night, really hurt in the right foot the second night, then last night I wore them mowing the lawn and then a 2-mile walk; now they feel wonderful, and look like they'll last me a long time.  Thanks!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @YukonRon I thought I was ready to be off my crutches. I did well cooking the past two days. 

Got up there on slate floors and constant resetting food and realized I had made an epic error in judgement (and because I’m a guy of course I didn’t bring my brace or crutches or wraps)

Thankfully my SIL came through. Man, my in laws may be a pain in the a$$ but she gets me.

#liquidpainkiller #tomorrowsproblem  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    DMW said:
    Grilling hot dogs on a gas grill...

That’s the cleanest stainless grill I’ve seen in a long time. 
     What is that death trap you have next to it!

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:
    Grilling hot dogs on a gas grill...

That’s the cleanest stainless grill I’ve seen in a long time. 
     What is that death trap you have next to it!

Lol, that was here and the sign requested that you use it to clean up when finished. I did, but only after I was done.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    More barrel racing ....

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I'm the only one not asleep in the house, and I'm watching Parts Unknown.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm the only one not asleep in the house, and I'm watching Parts Unknown.

I like it when the whole house is asleep.  I get to watch whatever I want.  Usually, Forged in Fire, Bitchin'Rides, or odd ball subtitled movies.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Got the large prepared and coming up to temp for pulled pork.
    Have a happy Fathers Day
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - don't know about where you are but you may want to remotely tend the fire from inside as we are looking at the mid 90's with related humidity.  You can drink beer anywhere.  ;)
    Edit:  Nice looking slab of ribs-enjoy.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - don't know about where you are but you may want to remotely tend the fire from inside as we are looking at the mid 90's with related humidity.  You can drink beer anywhere.  ;)
    Edit:  Nice looking slab of ribs-enjoy.  
    Gonna be plenty hot here too Frank.  I’ll have to split time between the AC and the porch.  Beer keeps you hydrated, right?  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    Making my old man an apple pie for Father's Day. He saw my post on Instagram the other day and called me up saying "I didn't know you made pies too. Apple is my favorite."

Noted, Pop's.... Noted 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Ribs are in my near future 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)