Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SURVEY: Dads, This Weekend, Are You Egging or Making Reservations?

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    FWIW Larry IS a good guy. An inappropriate post? Sure. How many of us can truthfully say we've never said or posted something we wish we could reverse and delete? Is it any better to shame the guy?  
    Fred your Mother and family are in our prayers. Happy Pops Day Fred.
    And ALL my fellow eggheads Happy Father's Day. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The paella outcome while still on the BGE:  (chorizo, scallops and shrimp).  Was a bit warm working the cook in today's heat but nothing several beers couldn't address.

My son took the pic (better quality than anything I could shoot) but the file size may be a bit large.  Thanks for lookin'-
    And Happy Father's Day!
    Show off  :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Got voted out of posting this on my company FB page 

You’re a fuqing moron. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @lousubcap - That looks awesome! Enjoy that and the rest of your Father's Day. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Some tasty looking grub being posted. Especially like the paella and the shrimp and grits. We have a nice paella pan that needs to get used. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Fred19Flintstone
    Thought I would take it easy and dine out since I have been offshore for a little over half a year. 
    Going to start with my favorite drink, it contains a skewer of lobster tail, a skewer of ribeye, a skewer of shrimp, and a skewer of bacon. Don’t ask me what the liquid is, I just ordered it for the food  =)

That's the best dang garnish I have ever seen!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Depressing Mom update:  I knew things were a little rough when she saw me this morning and asked, "Do you know me?"  Well, she's all moved into her new place now.

Thanks everybody for your prayers and good wishes.  Looking into this thread from time to time today was a highlight on what was not a fun day.
    Flint, Michigan
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Depressing Mom update:  I knew things were a little rough when she saw me this morning and asked, "Do you know me?"  Well, she's all moved into her new place now.

Thanks everybody for your prayers and good wishes.  Looking into this thread from time to time today was a highlight on what was not a fun day.
    I’m really sorry about that. There’s a lot of change going on in her life right now that’s hard for her to comprehend. Hopefully in a few days, she’ll settle in and ease her mind. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

you're a good son, Fred. Hope your mom does well at the new place.  

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    Oh, and we're eating in today. I'm done with going out to eat for Hallmark holidays. Its not worth the craziness and subpar grub.  

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options

Sorry to hear. My late mother suffered from serious mental and other health issues the last few years of her life. Cherish the ability to interact with her at all. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

So sorry Fred. You are a good son and a good family man. You have a lot to be proud of and I know your mom is fortunate to have a son like you to look after her. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone - SWMBO and I are so sorry you and mom are dealing with this. Glad you got a little reprieve now and then. Prayers for both of you. Last photo update of Father’s Day cook from me.

An egging friend came over and helped me “test” the pork after I added some Kroger’s “Carolina Inspired BBQ sauce”. Good bark and the potato salad was really good. Maurice’s Gold and Hellmans Mayo. Very tasty. Hope you all have a great time with family the rest of the evening.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The paella outcome while still on the BGE:  (chorizo, scallops and shrimp).  Was a bit warm working the cook in today's heat but nothing several beers couldn't address.

My son took the pic (better quality than anything I could shoot) but the file size may be a bit large.  Thanks for lookin'-
    And Happy Father's Day!
    That’s one beautiful cook Cap.  Congrats.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So sorry Fred. Being a being a good Son is a lot tougher as our folks get older.  Getting older and less independent for parents ain't no picnic so you as that good Son are a glimmer of hope.  I do my damnedest to be the best Husband, Father, Son and Friend  I can.  You're a good guy Fed. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • caliking
    Options
    Just something simple for you to look at, Fred. SV spares, with some maple for smoke. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    Ate sushi from Buford Farmers Market.  Killer.
  • SGH
    edited June 2018
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Fred19Flintstone
    Thought I would take it easy and dine out since I have been offshore for a little over half a year. 
    Going to start with my favorite drink, it contains a skewer of lobster tail, a skewer of ribeye, a skewer of shrimp, and a skewer of bacon. Don’t ask me what the liquid is, I just ordered it for the food  =)

That's the best dang garnish I have ever seen!
     Brother Fred, I have to agree. The food was the whole reason that I ordered the drink  =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options
    Did a reverse sear on this 3 bone standing rib for lunch.
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,403
    Options
    @Bentgrass - hunk of beauty right there.  Way to bring it home.  Congrats-great eats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    Options
    Bentgrass said:
    I’m posting the pics for you so they show. Great job bye the way my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • bgebrent
    Options
    SGH said:
    Bentgrass said:
    I’m posting the pics for you so they show. Great job bye the way my friend. 

Perfection.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Sorry about my post, it never really happened just a bad taste joke, meant no offense and I sincerely apologize to all..

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Let the pampering begin :smiley:
    NM Style Enchiladas. @HuskerMaMa used Red NM Hatch Chile. With farm fresh eggs sunny-side up. OMG!

Wow that looks AMAZING!  Recipe would be much appreciated if not too much trouble.
  • UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    Options
    lousubcap said:

And Happy Father's Day!
    Looks like a Bon Apetit cover photo!  
    XL  Central Ohio
  • UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    Options

Sorry I didn’t get any pics of the cook in progress.  SWMBO was using my phone to look at a recipe.  Korean Chicken, grilled shiitakes with garlic & ginger with grilled asparagus.  Ended with mango stuffed sticky rice balls topped coconut cream sauce.  Happy Fathers Day everyone.  Thanks for the great posts and continued inspiration!  

XL  Central Ohio