Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SURVEY: Dads, This Weekend, Are You Egging or Making Reservations?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Flying back to Tampa from Nebraska via KC, so we‘ll grab what we can when we can.  It’s only gonna hot 101 here today.  The wedding is outside.  Hope it’s a short sermon.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Hey, Fred,

My dad and uncle spent their last time in a memory care facility. It was a good place, but there were a few residents who were way far gone. Hopefully your mom will be in a private or semi private area, and you can have some clear space to talk w. her.

Any rate, I was at the library, checking out books for my wife, when my younger son popped up behind me. "Hey, Dad. Is there anything going on for Father's day?" I'd quite forgotten. "Umm, no."

"Do you want me to come by and do some chores?"

"No, but can you get the chef where you worked to make up some carry out? I've heard he doesn't like doing that."

"Yeah, its no problem."

So, me and mine will be having a better than average carry out. Mmm, he says in anticipation. Brisket, Pastrami Reubens, Cubanos. Yum.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Oh man, VERY good bar food. Portions are big and prices are reasonable. Always a nice tap list and they have a lot of different options like pork ossobuco and pastas to wings and nachos (which are humongous).
    Sounds great!  We need more interesting options here - many chains, just blah food.  We pretty much never go out.  Will give it a try.  Thanks!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2018
    Options
    RRP said:
    I was On Call during Mother's Day week and weekend. And now I am On Call for Father's Day week and weekend.  I have no idea what I'm eating. I can only tell you that I will not be going out to eat and I will not be egging.
    Triple time pay, I assume, or just bad luck when your name was drawn out of the bag?
    No. Regular pay until over 40 then it's time and a half. Mother's Day and Father's Day are not "official holidays" like Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc.  I wasn't actually scheduled for this week but, a co-worker got hurt so I took his week to help him out and in turn he'll take my next rotation which wasn't supposed to be until Independence Day week.  Now I won't be in rotation for at least another 10-12 wks. :smiley:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    Options
    Cooking at home for my family & my mom & pops.  Going to try the Korean Chicken recipe from Bobby Flay that’s been making the rounds on here for couple of weeks.  Going to pair this with grilled shiitake mushrooms with ginger & garlic, and finish off with mango stuffed sticky rice balls. This with be a first attempt at any of these.  Wish me luck.  
    XL  Central Ohio
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @UncleBilly - sounds like quite a banquet.  No luck needed-you've got this.  Enjoy the family time.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    Am being hosted by Number 1 child,  her husband is a 'gasser' - but a top-bloke, so all good.  
    Number 2 child has been granted absence from a attending as he is at a Mess Dinner tonight and I suspect will not see daylight tomorrow.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Salmon and shrimp on the egg for lunch then several beers pool side.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Ribs, mushrooms and other sides with vino.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I would rather egg, but shetoldme  we were going out to a early dinner. I have taken the easy road ie  Just tell me when to get into the car.  Monday ribs for sure!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Doing a rack of lamb on the egg tomorrow from the Babbo cookbook. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Pork is on the Large. Rubbed with Lanes Signature over the marinade.
    @Fred19Flintstone - enjoy your day and more pictures to follow, IF I can get rid of these dang flys. No breeze this morning so am going old school with  this:
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I set a brisket flat on my Egg at 6:20 this morning. Beef, it's what's for dinner.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Got voted out of posting this on my company FB page 

Probably for the best. Someone would get butthurt and demand the business get boycotted until everyone was fired and the owners flung themselves into freeway traffic to atone for their sins against society.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Fredb
    Fredb Posts: 89
    Options
    All Egg,All Day!!!
  • PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 355
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Got voted out of posting this on my company FB page 

Would have to close for a day of “sensitivity “ training.
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Headed to Costco in an hour to get some prime bone in ribeyes. My father is coming over to dinner. My wife and oldest daughter will be here too...youngest is in Punta Cana on her Sr trip. US Open golf and Tito’s by the pool should make for a good day. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I am egging some ribs and firing up this bad boy too. Got it as a gift, been wanting this for almost a year. Local guy makes these, his name is GStackscustomsmokers on IG if anyone is looking for a trailer or stick burner.  
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I am going to the Outlaws for a brunch. We're tasked to bring a "summer side". 

Sucks to be me.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I gotta ask, the builder used 1/2“  hardware cloth? WTF? 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Two and a half hours in and it smells great, internal temp at 116 degrees. I know, if you’re looking you’re not cooking but I did this for @Fred19Flintstone :)
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    Beef ribs are on here:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Just about to start the final load of stuff going to my Mom's new place.  One more trip to her storage unit before it hits the mid 90's today.  Happy Father's Day fellas!  @SamIAm2 that looks freaking delicious! 
    Flint, Michigan
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    Good luck today Fred. Hope your mom is able to settle in to her new accommodations. Sending positive vibes your way. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Crablegs for lunch, and ribs for dinner.
    Nice long low and slow cook, and plenty of time with My Beautiful Wife. The children are working today.
    They presented me with a very cool gift that I had wanted for a while.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Yesterday’s pork shoulder...  For tonight, wife came home with prime filets - well, if I have to...

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    Yeah that’s definitely not ok.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Ouch.  How did that even get to a vote, unless you own the company and everybody else said no friggen way?