Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• blasting said:
    Just ate lunch with my daughter at school. I was co-opted by kindergarteners into tying 6 pairs of shoes.

You might get a kick out of this.  When my kid was in kindy garten, I brought in all the taco fixings for make-your-own tacos, and corn on the cob.  

Well, the smoke alarm went off, and the school had to be evacuated because of me.  The kids had a blast though, so I guess there's that.  In the second pic below the teacher was trying to fan the smoke detectors.  Good times.

Loved me some Orange Crush back in the day. When I go to Mexico a cold orange Fanta sure helps a hangover. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354

Getting ready to make dinner for my wife while listening to the Chris Stapleton channel. Been a rough few weeks since we found out her dad has an aggressive form of liver cancer. Sh!tty deal, man is one tough SOB that I respect the hell out of. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,332
    Just wrapped up dinner with friends. I scored some fresh egg! Super excited for breakfast now
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Headed for bed. A storms a commin
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109

Seasoning my new Blackstone 22 after mowing the yard. Some hot Italian sausage with peppers/onions to kick off the weekend
    Don’t season the 22 with the Summer Ale. Don’t you Tampa boys know nothin?  =)
    Don’t worry, that’s what the bud light is for
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    HeavyG said:
    First time making these 

You sure did well with the cutting!
    Thank you. The Nakiri makes it easy. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    First time making these 

Did you bust out your #2 pencil?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• DoubleEgger
    First time making these 

I don’t know what you are talking about. You use a pencil to mark cuts? 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    blasting said:
    You might get a kick out of this.  When my kid was in kindy garten, I brought in all the taco fixings for make-your-own tacos, and corn on the cob.  

Well, the smoke alarm went off, and the school had to be evacuated because of me.  The kids had a blast though, so I guess there's that.  In the second pic below the teacher was trying to fan the smoke detectors.  Good times.

Too cool!  
    My Mom (MN farmgirl) met my Dad (IA farmboy) right before she moved to CA to make her fortune.  Dad refused to follow, and she eventually moved back and they got married.  
    FF ten years.  Their first kid (the stupid one) experienced the same kinda taco party as above, at gradeschool.  

ME:  Mom!  Dad!  We just had the neatest thing at school; TACOS!
    MOM:  Oooh, we had tacos in CA all the time!
    DAD:  WTF are tacos?

Mom made a batch, and they became our Saturday-night meal during the winter (Summer were burgers grilled over Kingsford soaked in Texaco 89-octane, YUM!)  

FF twenty more years.  Mom and Dad visit me in Albuquerque, and I make a pan of my red-chile cheese enchiladas.  They were devoured, and I learned from Mom years later that Dad actually scraped all the crispy parts from the pan to eat, and told her it was the best dish he'd ever eaten.  

Thanks for the memory tweak!   :)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    @DoubleEgger - won't be the last time with those.  And echoing above, great knife skills right there.  Even in the cold light of day I couldn't replicate that.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    First time making these 

I don’t know what you are talking about. You use a pencil to mark cuts? 
    Put pencils (or chopsticks) along both sides of the potato when you’re cutting. Keeps you from slicing all the way through. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    HeavyG said:
    First time making these 

You sure did well with the cutting!
    Thank you. The Nakiri makes it easy. 
    Good work, assumed you had used a special cutter to get that good a result. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    Just landed... at the Atlanta airport.  Hoping that Popeye’s will be open.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    Update:  I had  to let out a scream running by the open! Popeye's chicken, since my connection was tight and... several terminals away.

Damn you to hell Atlanta Hartfield!  Damn you to hell!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Update:  I had  to let out a scream running by the open! Popeye's chicken, since my connection was tight and... several terminals away.

Damn you to hell Atlanta Hartfield!  Damn you to hell!
    Like warm drink and a stale pouch of something is in your immediate future.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    jeffwit said:
    Put pencils (or chopsticks) along both sides of the potato when you’re cutting. Keeps you from slicing all the way through. 
    Interesting. Most potatoes don’t have a flat bottom so I would think that wouldn’t work very well. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Never mind cutting all the way through, I'm more impressed with the evenness of the slices. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Arrived in DC yesterday for a wedding today.  
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Can't get out of this city fast enough.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    jeffwit said:
    Interesting. Most potatoes don’t have a flat bottom so I would think that wouldn’t work very well. 
    Take a small slice off the bottom to flatten it out and make it a much easier process.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357

The penis of the plains.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    thetrim said:

The penis of the plains.  
    I give up.  What city/state?  And what is that dude doing on top of the dome?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Dusting while listening to conference calls, because god forbid it looks like people live here when my in-laws show up later this afternoon.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Acn said:
     in-laws show up later this afternoon.

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DoubleEgger
    Jeremiah said:
    Bought a London taxi this morning for a $1.00.  =)
    Is this why you were cleaning out the garage?