Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: district champs

Options
well my little scrappy team won district again for second year in a row. Couldnt be more proud of my scrappy little guys. 

Little Rock, AR

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I feel like your team may need some mandatory drug testing. Always with the trophies!!

Congrats to the whole fam!

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Man we are just little guys. Heres a pic of one teams first baseman and my shortstop. 

Little Rock, AR

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Congrats.  Looks like the bad news bears to me.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Awesome congrats!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Coach them up on the art of the bunt.  Small ball will go a long way with that crew!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • EggbertGreenII
    Options
    Congrats! I know you're deservedly proud.
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Coach them up on the art of the bunt.  Small ball will go a long way with that crew!
    We have good pitching and good base running with a few pretty heavy hitters so we usually compete with anybody we play.  That little shortstop is an awesome bunter.  

Little Rock, AR

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Thanks everybody.  We won the 9 and under state championship last season so had to move up to 11 and under.  I told them to start the season we were just going to use this season to learn how to play playoff/pickoff baseball and adjust to the 50' mound and 70' bases.  They exceeded my expectations.  Couldn't be more proud of my team.  

Little Rock, AR

• Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Great times!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Congratulations on adapting to the new environment and developing them into another winning team.  Enjoy the post-season.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Thanks @lousubcap I have really enjoyed coaching.  I have been helping my 8 year olds team, too.  They won second in district last night.  My 2 year old little boy already wants to play so looks like I'll be coaching until I'm an old man and I'll love every minute of it.  

Little Rock, AR

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Congrats!  What age group you in?  That kid is huge.  I coached my son and some friends for the last 3 years in machine pitch, but decided to hang it up this year since they are kid pitch now and I am no pitching coach.  My son is also competitive soccer in the fall and they start practicing soon for it.  Good luck with the rest of the season.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    The one in the picture with me is my 10 year old son.  The biggest kid beside mine just turned 11 yesterday (the day we won) but he is classified as a 10 year old this year.  My entire team is 10 year olds except 2 9 year olds and one that turned 11 in january.  Our classification is 11 and under.  Our kid pitch starts with 9 and under.  I moved mine up as 8 year olds just to be ready for their 9 year old year and it really paid off because we won district and state and 3 other tournaments.  

Little Rock, AR

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Congratulations , missing those days with my boys 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    I coached all my kids in whatever sport they wanted to play. Loved every minute of it. Congrats to you and your little one, hopefully many more wins to come!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Man we are just little guys. Heres a pic of one teams first baseman and my shortstop. 

Holy crap! 

Congrats again man. That is sweet! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    jabam said:
    I coached all my kids in whatever sport they wanted to play. Loved every minute of it. Congrats to you and your little one, hopefully many more wins to come!
    Well mine play everything but I really only know baseball well enough to coach. My 7 year old is on an 8 year old team. They took 2nd in their district. 

Little Rock, AR

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Here’s my big one in action

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Congratulations brother. That’s some fine looking boys you have there.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Biggreenpharmacist Posts: 4,341
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Look at my baby boy @sgh Not really a baby anymore  

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Look at my baby boy @sgh Not really a baby anymore  

Sadly they grow up fast my friend. Enjoy it while you can. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.