Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - OT - OT OT 2018 World Cup, Who ya got? If you even care OT - OT - OT - OT

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Not good for Spain. Sounds like they were bent that he didn't wait to take the job.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    My latest longevity challenge-make to enjoy the World Cup in 2026....sure would have been easier had we been awarded the 2022 Cup but...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    Options
    2026 does seem a long way a way, but it'll be here before we know it.  Hope everyone is able to see it happen.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    2022 might be back up for grabs at some point, if FIFA manage to locate their ethics department.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Eoin said:
    2022 might be back up for grabs at some point, if FIFA manage to locate their ethics department.
    FIFA has an ethics department?  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• thetrim
    Options
    The excitement in my house is palpable
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    edited June 2018
    Options
    thetrim said:
    The excitement in my house is palpable
    My house too - I think.  It's hard to discern excitement from the disappointment of not being there on opening day for the first time since 2006.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Thanks @YEMTrey, I'll check it out.

More news on the eve of the opening match.

US gets to host in 2026 and Spain sacked their coach for taking the Real Madrid job.

I'm wondering how that will affect the odds.
    Updated this morning - and the answer is 'not much'.
    Brazil @ 21/5 are favourites  (+425)
    Germany @ 11/2  (+550)
    Spain @ 13/2   (+650)
    France @ 15/2    (+750)
    Argentina @ 10/1 (+1000)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    But England's odds are coming in,  now down to 14/1 in some markets.

Probably more due to a nostalgic/media driven surge in bets following an unusually benign period of press coverage.
  • Eoin
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Probably more due to a nostalgic/media driven surge in bets following an unusually benign period of press coverage.
    Jose tipped us to win. It's guaranteed now, so 14/1 is surprisingly generous from the bookies when we should be favourites.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Jose tipped us to win. It's guaranteed now, so 14/1 is surprisingly generous from the bookies when we should be favourites.
    Well done. It’s in the bag. 

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Options
    Saudi Arabia are hopeless.
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    How odd that they ended up in Russia's group.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Geez...like shooting fish in a barrel - 5-0.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    That wasn't even fun to watch!  5-0 Russia!

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Eoin
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    How odd that they ended up in Russia's group.
    First game as well, with Vlad in attendance. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    I'll take a game with some goals over a 0-0 match most of the time.

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Well done. It’s in the bag. 
    In addition there is the Pep factor.  In 2010, he was managing Barca and Spain won the WC.  In 2014 he was managing Bayern and Germany won the WC.  Now in 2018 he’s at Man City, so clearly England should win the WC.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Brazil.  Pure and simple.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Hopefully a better match today.
    We will see if Suarez can resist biting an opponent or making questionable remarks about their ethnicity.  What a spelndid chap he is.  
    I don't think Mo Salah can do it on his own, so 2-1 to Uruguay. 
  • Spock
    Spock Posts: 2
    Options
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    I'm not much of a soccer fan, but I'll be watching this year as I'll be in Argentina during the games. 
    Rooting for them and Iceland 
  • Acn
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Hopefully a better match today.
    We will see if Suarez can resist biting an opponent or making questionable remarks about their ethnicity.  What a spelndid chap he is.  
    I don't think Mo Salah can do it on his own, so 2-1 to Uruguay. 
    Spain/Portugal should be a quality match as well, while both are almost certainly going through, Group B's winner has a significantly easier path forward.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• thetrim
    Options
    Salah starts on the bench.  They‘re saving his goals for the Saudi Arabia and Russian matches. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Great link, thanks.  
    I liked the ad for "Lego bricks so sharp they instantly kill you".

I googled the good Dr's other works.  Not so much online, so I am assuming that the internet has not reached Harvard yet. My guess is that he prefers the flowing team dynamics and high paced action of baseball?

I have sent an email to Harvard, though - inviting him to a 5-day game of cricket.   I'll post my conclusions about what level of desperation I can push him to.  Hopefully it will be a draw after 35 solid hours of competitive action.

Meanwhile : Suarez kept his teeth to himself.  So thats progress.  Just the slightly awkward position on accepting people from different backgrounds for him to deal with. 
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Ronaldoooooooo!  De Gea's had a shocker there.
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,113
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Ronaldoooooooo!  De Gea's had a shocker there.
    That goal is on all DeGea...

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president.