Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Looking forward to getting my new yak on the water and doing some fishin’!

You ever heard of BooneDox accessories for yaks? Place is out of Thomasville here and here they make neat items. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786

You ever heard of BooneDox accessories for yaks? Place is out of Thomasville here and here they make neat items. 
    Sure have. They make awesome wheels for these things. Will probably have a set eventually. These yaks are like Jeeps, you can customize them like crazy.
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    jeffwit said:

Boiling at the beach. 

That's a big ass pot. What size is that? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    jeffwit said:

Boiling at the beach. 
    Excellent eats, there 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    DMW said:
    Just landed in Kona.
    Oh you really suck. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Dreading going into a 3 day long training session to end the week.

Its an attempt to bring organizational awareness and help aline the planning and execution divisions of our workforce.  Its gonna suck 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SonVolt said:
    jeffwit said:

Boiling at the beach. 

Looks like a 60 qt, give or take 10 quarts.
    DMW said:
    Just landed in Kona.
    Don't step in the lava!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Jeremiah
    Two of my employees quit last week (a father son team), another is out for surgery, and another is college shopping. Too many hats were worn today, cheap wine is in store for the evening. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited June 2018
    SonVolt said:
    jeffwit said:

Boiling at the beach. 

Nola is correct. 60qt from Academy Sports. It’s aluminum, though, @SonVolt, not stainless. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348

DMW said:
    Just landed in Kona.

My son is there now with his grandparents. 

Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Jeremiah said:
    Two of my employees quit last week (a father son team), another is out for surgery, and another is college shopping. Too many hats were worn today, cheap wine is in store for the evening. 
    I know some good ones ;).  Bummer brother.  Hope things settle down over there.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597

Sure have. They make awesome wheels for these things. Will probably have a set eventually. These yaks are like Jeeps, you can customize them like crazy.
      Best thing I bought was a paddle clip, keeps your paddle secure while fishing.

Also fwiw my favorite float is on the New River in West Jefferson NC. We go to New River state park and set up camp, then have zaloos canoes pick you and your boat up and take you upstream to their office where you put in and float for 8 hours or so back to camp. (or you can set up camp and drive to zaloos and have them run you back to your truck the next morning) 
     I believe it is one of the oldest rivers in North America and flows south to north. Beautiful scenery, and good fishing!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    SonVolt said:
    jeffwit said:

Boiling at the beach. 

I am going with 80 qt, I brew with one that looks just like it =)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Jeremiah said:
    I’m pretty sure you have a nice Mad Dog on hand. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Jeremiah said:
    Sounds like liquor night to me 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    jeffwit said:
    SonVolt said:
    jeffwit said:

Boiling at the beach. 

Nola is correct. 60qt from Academy Sports. It’s aluminum, though, @SonVolt, not stainless. 

You wouldn't happen to have the height and diameter of the pot would you?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Jeremiah said:
    Ha my son is looking for a job and a place to stay.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @Jeremiah - forget the beer or wine.  Straight to the brown water and at least a LEO ride.  
    Hope your employee situation gets better quickly.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    lousubcap said:
    @Jeremiah - forget the beer or wine.  Straight to the brown water and at least a LEO ride.  
     A ride with a LEO after drinking will not improve his day.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    lousubcap said:
     A ride with a LEO after drinking will not improve his day.
    Just gotta be the right LEO-I'm sure he can file a flight plan that will keep him well clear of the other type.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jeremiah
    Thanks y’all...just drank the whole of the cheap wine, thought the mrs bought extra, thought wrong. 
  • NC_Egghead
    DMW said:
    Just landed in Kona.
    Duane, if you do anything while you’re on the Big Island, be sure to do the evening swim with the Manta Rays. Bring the GoPro or underwater camera. You will not be disappointed!
    Charlotte, NC

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah said:
    Ha my son is looking for a job and a place to stay.
    I’d be glad to have him. (For an employee, not a tenant.) lol 
  • NC_Egghead

Also fwiw my favorite float is on the New River in West Jefferson NC. We go to New River state park and set up camp, then have zaloos canoes pick you and your boat up and take you upstream to their office where you put in and float for 8 hours or so back to camp. (or you can set up camp and drive to zaloos and have them run you back to your truck the next morning) 
     I believe it is one of the oldest rivers in North America and flows south to north. Beautiful scenery, and good fishing!
    Thanks for the tip on the float trip. I’ve been to the New River before; did the bike ride on the rail trail from Fries all the way to the shot tower and back. 
    Charlotte, NC

• Jeremiah

Thanks for the tip on the float trip. I’ve been to the New River before; did the bike ride on the rail trail from Fries all the way to the shot tower and back. 
    Count me in. @“Jupiter Jim" want to join??
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Recovering from a long-ass day of meetings.  7:15am to 8:00pm.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Yikes! Those types of days are exhausting.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Yikes! Those types of days are exhausting.
    I am somehow not wiped out, despite the addition of jet lag (I'm in Cali).  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike