Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Forum Etiquette and the errors of my way - OT

Options
2»

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    You do know that emoticons can be used   ;)

Cap, you're killing me.  

Phoenix 
  • jimdgreat1
    jimdgreat1 Posts: 175
    Options
    Yes, Welcome again. I find myself at odds internally on here because in person I am a smart a**, snarky, and I am sure I can be perceived as offensive to some in my replies because I am not a bullsh*tter. I tend to use colorful language when something/someone irritates me. I will tell you my opinion whether you like it or not and its your problem to deal with it how you feel you need to. But on here I try to watch myself because I don't want to come off that way all the time. It's also different in person vs. on the internet because in person body language and facial expressions play a large role in how one is perceived. In person when speaking to someone they get a much better feel of your intended meaning. There are times on here that I wanna say what I am really thinking but I know it will be thought of as rude or offensive by some. So I don't.

TL;DR

XLBGE - LBGE - Charbroil gasgrill

Wichita Kansas

• Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    I joined in December 2016 and have learned a lot, laughed a lot and have been the recipient of good info, last weeks bourbon question gave me more help than you guys know ! I know I can be as crass as anyone, but it is all in jest, as most of you are, now about that reverse seared 1/4" ribeyer tell me more please !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Yes, Welcome again. I find myself at odds internally on here because in person I am a smart a**, snarky, and I am sure I can be perceived as offensive to some in my replies because I am not a bullsh*tter. I tend to use colorful language when something/someone irritates me. I will tell you my opinion whether you like it or not and its your problem to deal with it how you feel you need to. But on here I try to watch myself because I don't want to come off that way all the time. It's also different in person vs. on the internet because in person body language and facial expressions play a large role in how one is perceived. In person when speaking to someone they get a much better feel of your intended meaning. There are times on here that I wanna say what I am really thinking but I know it will be thought of as rude or offensive by some. So I don't.

TL;DR
    You got me there!

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• jimdgreat1
    jimdgreat1 Posts: 175
    Options

TL;DR
    You got me there!
    Go make fun of me in my turbo pork rib thread. :o

XLBGE - LBGE - Charbroil gasgrill

Wichita Kansas

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options

TL;DR
    You got me there!
    Go make fun of me in my turbo pork rib thread. :o
    ???

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    I have to say Legume is my favorite poster.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    You do know that emoticons can be used to help frame the intent/sentiments behind the words in a post...  give them a go some time.  ;)
    The problem is @fishlessman doubles down on this and then no one knows what's really going . =)=);)
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Legume said:

Step brothers best friends gif would have been better. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    Agree @saluki2007, but I was highlighting my awkwardness.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Legume said:

That would be a great Friday night subject. Who is your favorite poster and why?
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    This is my favorite poster. 

The hours I pent holding that poster up with one hand......***sigh**
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    @alaskanassasin you would’ve liked stike and little Steven 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    This is my favorite poster. 

Agreed - and my second favorite...
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Not the direction I intended for “favorite poster”, but I like it. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Is it Friday already??

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    Is it Friday already??
    No but it is “hump day,” so...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    This.

Also, when you are speaking in person, you know who is listening (for the most part).  Here, you have no clue and the potential for misinterpretation of your words is so much greater. 

That's why I've never understood the paradox of people who are good, considerate people when you meet them in person, but can be total tools on the internet.  They are careful not to offend one person, but the go out of their way to offend dozens/hundreds/thousands when they get the chance.  It makes no sense to me. 

And @JohnInCarolina, I may be mixing threads/posts, but you mentioned that there are a few hundred more users now than there were a year ago. The question is not “how many registered users?”  It’s “how many actively post?”.

We’ll all learn more if we create an environment that encourages more people to post. Responding to a thread about 1/2 inch steaks with posts that really say “I want to run you off and make sure you never post again” is not the answer. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Lighten.  Up.  Francis.  (Posted the shorter version on the 1/2 inch thread earlier, posting the longer version now . . . it's not personal, even if it sounds like it is -- it's bbq!  And more!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUtHkSw9nEY
    It's a 302 thing . . .