Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
     carbon steel sure is sexy
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Focker said:
    jeffwit said:
    Focker said:
    Does Rockwood sponsor a car?  =)

Yup. A Delorean.
    0-60 in 10.5 seconds.  How cute.
    My V6 Silverado could do that. Lmfao!
    RO would be clean by the time the DL time machine topped out at 110mph. =)
    Yeah but the Delorean only needs to top out at 88.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Just picked up an XL nest with handler and mates for the grand sum of $1. @Photo Egg would be proud of me. 
    Congrats more $$$ for your shoe collection!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Acn said:
    Hans61 said:
    Comfort food butter grits and leftover pulled pork and next big thing sauce man this was good!
    You need to up your grits game. Google Geechie Boy and order multiple pounds.  You’ll thank me later.
    This place in North Georgia has better grits than Geechie Boy. I still have several pounds of Geechie Boy that I only use when I run out out of this. 

https://loganturnpikemill.com/
  • thetrim
    Options
    Acn said:
    Hans61 said:
    Comfort food butter grits and leftover pulled pork and next big thing sauce man this was good!
    You need to up your grits game. Google Geechie Boy and order multiple pounds.  You’ll thank me later.
    This place in North Georgia has better grits than Geechie Boy. I still have several pounds of Geechie Boy that I only use when I run out out of this. 

Who makes the best instant grits?
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Cheap wine and joe bonamossa on pbs, again. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Acn said:
    Hans61 said:

Who makes the best instant grits?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ftbm8EZZDqI
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Switched to drunk history on Comedy Central, because fukk telethons. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Switched to drunk history on Comedy Central, because fukk telethons. 
    Iowa Ingredient here on PBS.
    Happy Hour Special.
    Loess Hills Wineries, Toppling Goliath Brewery, Mississippi River Distillery, Juniper Moon Bartender out of Des Moines.  Pretty cool as I was just at the distillery earlier today.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Ok, I smoked a pork butt, pulled pork for my church's home comming on Saturday.  Slaved over the egg all day (you know drinking beer).  In any case the pork was fine blaa blaa blaa.  Sunday morning I reheated it and threw in the trunk of a POS mobile to take  to the church kitchen, which I help at.  Off topic I seemed to use a couple of oven mits to transfer it from our oven to the POS mobile. Once at Church I no longer needed the oven mitts so I tosed them in the trunk.   Fast forward to today.  It was the dear wife's turn (once every two weeks) to make dinner.  Great tacos! but I was questioned at great length about the missing frikken oven mits.  I really had no idea what I did with them only that I was the last one to lay eyes on them.  I had finally had enough and went to shower.  In mid soap I rememberd where they were!  Thank You Lord! and went to the car neeked and soaped up to retrieved said mits.  I actually over stepped it a bit when I asked "I really didn't know you had a emotional attachment to those $5 mitts".  I am now downstairs and hoping to goodness that Ms Bucky doesn't read this forum.  If you don't see any posts in the next few weeks please call the local authorities .
    Are the local authorities at BR549?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    debating 
    I thought you werent supposed to tell people that

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Ok, I smoked a pork butt, pulled pork for my church's home comming on Saturday.  Slaved over the egg all day (you know drinking beer).  In any case the pork was fine blaa blaa blaa.  Sunday morning I reheated it and threw in the trunk of a POS mobile to take  to the church kitchen, which I help at.  Off topic I seemed to use a couple of oven mits to transfer it from our oven to the POS mobile. Once at Church I no longer needed the oven mitts so I tosed them in the trunk.   Fast forward to today.  It was the dear wife's turn (once every two weeks) to make dinner.  Great tacos! but I was questioned at great length about the missing frikken oven mits.  I really had no idea what I did with them only that I was the last one to lay eyes on them.  I had finally had enough and went to shower.  In mid soap I rememberd where they were!  Thank You Lord! and went to the car neeked and soaped up to retrieved said mits.  I actually over stepped it a bit when I asked "I really didn't know you had a emotional attachment to those $5 mitts".  I am now downstairs and hoping to goodness that Ms Bucky doesn't read this forum.  If you don't see any posts in the next few weeks please call the local authorities .
    Or Yay Y'all, either will work. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I'm old enough to get that.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Having a better start to my day than my wife's first patient.  40 yo woman coming in for gastro bypass.  Surgery cancelled.  Congrats, you aren't fat.  You're pregnant!
    Hope they name him "Gastro".  :triumph:

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Options
    blasting said:

Kabalagala - otherwise known as Ugandan pancakes.  Just trying something new as an afternoon snack.  Tasted somewhat like a dense doughnut.

Anything called "Ugandan pancakes" needs its own thread, with recipe please!  

• Botch
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    So what color Crocs do you wear?   =)  

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    bucky925 said:

Did you do this in the rain, and do you drive a taupe silverado?

Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    So it was you in the nekkid in the rain pic!  Aha!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    Ate here tonight in ABQ - this place is the real deal:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Botch said:
    blasting said:

Kabalagala - otherwise known as Ugandan pancakes.  Just trying something new as an afternoon snack.  Tasted somewhat like a dense doughnut.

These were ok, but not worth it's own thread.  It's just flour and ripe bananas rolled out and deep fried.  The summer goal with my kid is30 new dishes in the next two months and this was today's.  I figured I'd post the ones that were "off the beaten trail".

This vid shows the "how to" for anyone who's interested. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=67&v=wqXwIe96xJw
    Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    blasting said:
    Botch said:
    blasting said:

These were ok, but not worth it's own thread.  It's just flour and ripe bananas rolled out and deep fried.  Our goal is 30 new dishes in the next two months and this was today's.  I figured I'd post the ones that were "off the beaten trail".

This vid shows the "how to" for anyone who's interested. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=67&v=wqXwIe96xJw
    We expect to see 29 new posts from you in the next 59 days....
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Acn I’ll give that a look!

@DoubleEgger I’ll give those a look as well! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Focker said:
    Lining up X and Y, some finishing pounds on a few firebricks.  

Decided not to pour a footing, went 18".  We'll see.

All that's left is the stone surround on sides and opposite end of the steel rod.  I'll probably have enough $$$ in this when said and done to buy a large egg...but it will be another "happy place" to play on the fuego playground.  And it will be transfer shovel friendly.

Strong work.  You don't want to set the dirt on fire.
    Options
    You guys like the white grits or yellow grits?
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    White.

I could be off base here. I'm probably off base here, but, I consider white grits "grits", i.e. breakfast. I consider yellow grits polenta, i.e. a starch in lieu of potatoes, rice or pasta. 

That said, I wouldn't turn my nose up at either, at any time.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    I prefer speckled grits. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I can see I have much to learn about grits :-) 
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Why...and at 2a???
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...