Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    We are good neighbors, just bad influences. I would not be a burden.

I could be the example of what your children should never wish to be. I would serve a purpose.

I am here for you.
    My neighbors get up in the night when they smell smoke thinking something is burning down. I seem to disrupt sleep. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    thetrim said:
    There have been times when I wish I were a neighbor to all of you, but I think @nolaegghead gets the nod for who I most wish I was the neighbor of.   I’m sure that feels like a back handed compliment to him.  Haha.  
    Hmmm... I think @SciAggie gets my nod or @YukonRon with his bourbon & wine supply.
    Yeah @SciAggie certainly has the best set up.  It seems like we see more action involving @nolaegghead and his neighbors than anyone else one here.  I am also a big fan of his lawyers vegan chili.  I would rather have that than bail given the choice.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    YukonRon said:

I could be the example of what your children should never wish to be. I would serve a purpose.

I am here for you.
    My neighbors get up in the night when they smell smoke thinking something is burning down. I seem to disrupt sleep. 
    I would never do that to you.  When we lived in Lincoln, NE, we had a neighbor behind us that would call the fire department complaining of severe lung irritation from our fires (I didn't have an egg at the time).  The FD would make a courtesy call, but would leave with a full belly and hearty laugh.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    I guess Linda Hamilton's choice of neighbors carries no influence??

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options

Baseball family. Half the chairs have hats. 
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    @DMW, I'm surgical first assistant. I work with surgical stainless everyday. It's regarded as the highest quality of stainless. A magnet will stick to two thirds of it and none of it rusts.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,648
    Options
     Sara would be very impressed with @nolaegghead collection of fiestaware 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    thetrim said:
    SciAggie said:
    YukonRon said:

I am here for you.
    I would never do that to you.  When we lived in Lincoln, NE, we had a neighbor behind us that would call the fire department complaining of severe lung irritation from our fires (I didn't have an egg at the time).  The FD would make a courtesy call, but would leave with a full belly and hearty laugh.
    Actually they are all good with it. They just give me a hard time (friendly way) and ask when the food will be ready. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    Options
    Linda’s fallen off quite a bit from her Terminator 2days. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Here's not my beef short ribs. I bought some beef short ribs on discount midweek from the local grocery store. (Meant to cook them Friday but forgot about them) Sell by date was 4 days ago. Probably still good but my nose was picking up a little something. Not worth chancing for $6. The Mini was already fired up for ribs. So I figured I'd better put something in it. I opened the freezer and found a boxed Shepards Pie. To be honest I wasn't even sure what Shepards Pie was. All that mattered was that it fit in the Mini and I had nothing else thawed.

My wife and I expectations were really low. We were pleasantly surprised and found it to be pretty good. I hit it pretty hard with Swamp Venom for a little bite. I went in for seconds. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Here's not my beef short ribs.  
    Are you trying to sink your own thread?

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Been dealing with an Achilles thing for a few days. 

Woke up an hour ago whimpering like a b!tch about tweaking whatever is wrong. (Achilles is like a rattlesnake. You hear it, you stop)

Wife brought me 4 fingers of bourbon and ice. (Leg and glass) Off to the doc in the am. 

I thought May was rough. And the hits keep coming. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
     Awesome spread!

But why is vegan lawyer neighbor friend nekkid??

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Woke up an hour ago whimpering like a b!tch about tweaking whatever is wrong. (Achilles is like a rattlesnake. You hear it, you stop)

Wife brought me 4 fingers of bourbon and ice. (Leg and glass) Off to the doc in the am. 

Good luck with that. You better get that healthy before BBIV. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hope the Achilles thing turns out well for you (without surgery!)... 

I spent the weekend discovering that I am officially allergic to bee stings (neighbors hives are about 100 yards from us.  Stung Saturday afternoon in the right ear, Feringi right lobe, welts over all hairy parts of my body, lots of swelling, lips looked like I was a cross between a character from Planet of the Apes and I had a major Botox treatment... .  ( I was able to swallow benedryl with the aid of my favorite adult beverage) Finally got my right eye partially open about 6pm Sunday.  Hoping to get a 'script for Epipen today.

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• northGAcock
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hope the Achilles thing turns out well for you (without surgery!)... 

I spent the weekend discovering that I am officially allergic to bee stings (neighbors hives are about 100 yards from us.  Stung Saturday afternoon in the right ear, Feringi right lobe, welts over all hairy parts of my body, lots of swelling, lips looked like I was a cross between a character from Planet of the Apes and I had a major Botox treatment... .  ( I was able to swallow benedryl with the aid of my favorite adult beverage) Finally got my right eye partially open about 6pm Sunday.  Hoping to get a 'script for Epipen today.

Rick that sucks.....What the hell is going on up there in Tennessee? Next thing you are gonna tell me is @Possumtrot (Henry) is young. 

• The_Stache
    Options
    major Botox treatment
    Rick that sucks.....What the hell is going on up there in Tennessee? Next thing you are gonna tell me is @Possumtrot (Henry) is young. 
    @Possumtrot , fortunately, remains OLD and SLOW!! Somethings will never change! :)

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    caliking said:
     Awesome spread!

Clearly he is a TN fan and they don't know how to act in public.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• thetrim
    Options
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    Options
    caliking said:
     Awesome spread!

I see you've met @Killit_and_Grillit .  And I resemble that too since I have a similar hat.  Can't blame @The_Stache 's acting out on that since he's of the A&M persuasion.  =)
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    caliking said:
     Awesome spread!

I see you've met @Killit_and_Grillit .  And I resemble that too since I have a similar hat.  Can't blame @The_Stache 's acting out on that since he's of the A&M persuasion.  =)
    Have not had the pleasure.  I lived in Memphis for 6 years and my wife is a UT grad.  God I hate saying that, so I clarify by saying she went to their medical school located in Memphis.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• The_Stache
    Options
    caliking said:
     Awesome spread!

Have not had the pleasure.  I lived in Memphis for 6 years and my wife is a UT grad.  God I hate saying that, so I clarify by saying she went to their medical school located in Memphis.
    One of the hardest parts of moving to Tennessee was to see Orange and White... Thankfully, it's not burnt orange but the big T still bugs me as an Aggie!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    One of the hardest parts of moving to Tennessee was to see Orange and White... Thankfully, it's not burnt orange but the big T still bugs me as an Aggie!!
    It can be quite accosting. I’m a grad and 4 years was all I could take.

Off to the doc. Good thing is my ankle isn’t the size of a softball this morning (Which is more than I can say for Rick it seems)

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    Options
    It can be quite accosting. I’m a grad and 4 years was all I could take.

Off to the doc. Good thing is my ankle isn’t the size of a softball this morning (Which is more than I can say for Rick it seems)
    You really should have more respect for your elders you smelly driving, flag stealin, orange wearing Bigfoot self. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Decided I wanted to cook the pork loin whole instead of cut into chops. Invited the neighbors for dinner and just lit the XXL since it is 21" long.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Went to Jimmy Johns for lunch in celebration of 10,000 un-reviewed notifications.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • thetrim
    edited June 2018
    Options
    About to put on my @fishlessman cape and head into the VW dealer.  Wish me luck.  I just have a work conf call to finish up this helluva Monday, then it's off to the dealer around 1730 tonight.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    thetrim said:
    About to put on my @fishlessman cape and head into the VW dealer.  Wish me luck.  I just have a work conf call to finish up this helluva Monday, then it's off to the dealer around 1730 tonight.
    What’s the over/under for sigining (in days)?