Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Forum Layout is a Bit of a Mess, no?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    People use desktops???
    Do you own a desktop?  Odds are...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    People use desktops???
    Do you own a desktop?  Odds are...
    Nope.  My youngest son has one for gaming that he built. I use a laptop at work and my phone or iPad for interwebz 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    i figured most people used a chisel and stone tablet, but that contradicts their words and stuff showing up here on the interwebz.  mind blown.
    Options
    i figured most people used a chisel and stone tablet, but that contradicts their words and stuff showing up here on the interwebz.  mind blown.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    People use desktops???
    Hard to drag it into the throne room.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Sounds like @SonVolt needs to get a girlfriend.  With a monitor set up like that, I’m interested to hear how you can find enjoyment in front of a single 18“ diameter ceramic grill???

It's a workstation, not my home setup. At home I typically use an iPad or a laptop if I'm online at all.  Can't swing a girlfriend these days, the wife and kids would object. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SonVolt
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I’m still trying to figure out if you’re a troll or just a curmudgeon. Either way, you do know if you don’t like this forum there’s plenty others to spend your time on...

Definitely a curmudgeon. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    @SonVolt Wait till you click on a link in any of the posts and find that you're "Outta There" from the forum and your tab has been redirected to that link!

Someone said "2005" look and feel... I'm going with 1984!

Eventually, you just accept it for what it is (or isn't) and enjoy the banter and mostly great information that is what makes this forum GREAT!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• SonVolt
    Options
    @SonVolt Wait till you click on a link in any of the posts and find that you're "Outta There" from the forum and your tab has been redirected to that link!

Eventually, you just accept it for what it is (or isn't) and enjoy the banter and mostly great information that is what makes this forum GREAT!!

Can you explain what you mean by this? You can get banned for speaking negatively about the site design? 
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Instead of opening links in a separate tab, the links will open in the existing tab that the forum was on.  Very non-secure, very old old school.  But a built in "feature" of Vanilla

I don't know of anyone getting banned for expressing opinions of possible improvements to the site either positively or negatively.

Your comments are not the first expressing concerns over the design and function of the technology/format of this forum.

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Can you explain what you mean by this? You can get banned for speaking negatively about the site design? 

Not exactly....
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    Options
    Instead of opening links in a separate tab, the links will open in the existing tab that the forum was on.  Very non-secure, very old old school.  But a built in "feature" of Vanilla

I don't know of anyone getting banned for expressing opinions of possible improvements to the site either positively or negatively.

Your comments are not the first expressing concerns over the design and function of the technology/format of this forum.

Ohhh, I got you. Sorry, I misunderstood your post. 
  • SonVolt
    Options
    Ok I'm over it. The crude 1984 layout is growing on me. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    With age, albeit only a few days, come wisdom, grasshopper. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Like a giant tickle fight with bacon. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Color_My_World_Green
    edited May 2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Ok I'm over it. The crude 1984 layout is growing on me. 
    So @SonVolt , tell us a bit more about yourself. What part of the country are you from, what are some of your passions in life? What size egg did you purchase? We want to know. ;)
    Living life to the fullest in Savannah Georgia
  • SonVolt
    Options
    Currently Living: South of Nashville... Passions: Outdoor Kitchens/Landscapes/Cooking... BGE: XL... I downsized from a big pit smoker this summer so really looking forward to getting to know my Egg. So far the temp stability has knocked my socks off.  The pit was a blast but a lot of work and ate a lot of wood... 

• lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Options
    I can’t figure out if there is a recipe / cookbook accessible on the Forum 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• lousubcap
    Options
    @lentsboy007 - this place is about the best source of recipes/cooking techniques you will find.  Ask away and you will likely get several options and all will work.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @SonVolt - nice spread right there.  There are many here that have a passion for wines along with the BGE.  And as has been noted, this place will help you spend your $$ faster than you can imagine.  Enjoy the ride.  
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    edited May 2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Well...any newbie with home grown tomatoes and a beer keg for a table has some redeeming qualities! Welcome aboard, SonVolt
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SonVolt
    Options
    I use Cook's Illustrated and Serious Eats for recipes and techniques... less signal to noise. Most grilling/oven recipes can be easily translated to the egg. Haven't been here long enough to check out the local recipes. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Like a giant tickle fight with bacon. 
    Calling @henapple
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Currently Living: South of Nashville... Passions: Outdoor Kitchens/Landscapes/Cooking... BGE: XL... I downsized from a big pit smoker this summer so really looking forward to getting to know my Egg. So far the temp stability has knocked my socks off.  The pit was a blast but a lot of work and ate a lot of wood... 

Beautiful setting. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    SonVolt said:

I'm sure I'll enjoy this place... with that said, I have no interest in trying to appease members I don't even know yet by keeping my opinions about the aesthetics to myself.  Nice Beagle. 
    You an engineer or just a millennial?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SonVolt
    edited June 2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:

I'm sure I'll enjoy this place... with that said, I have no interest in trying to appease members I don't even know yet by keeping my opinions about the aesthetics to myself.  Nice Beagle. 

Worse... software developer about to turn 40. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

Worse... software developer. 
    DevOps people are the worst. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SonVolt
    Options
    I don't code as much these days... more babysitting. But I agree, we are terrible people. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

Worse... software developer about to turn 40. 
    Then all is forgiven. You do you bro!!  I will say, I prefer this layout to bbq-brethren. But I view it primarily on my laptop where everything fits perfectly. On my ultrawide monitors it looks weird. But most things look weird on there. Even Facebook.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum