Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

5th annual Rock River Valley Eggfest @June 16!

pgprescott
pgprescott Posts: 14,544
Well, it’s getting to be that time again. I would like to extend a welcome to any Eggers in the area June 16th. It’s a small fest but generally gathers folks from an hour or two away. If you’re in the west suburbs, QC, Rockford, S. Wisconsin, or Peoria areas, keep us in mind. It’s a fairly easy drive. There are pkgs still available for those interested or with friends looking to save a few hundred. Look forward to seeing some familiar faces and some new faces as well. Cheers!

https://jimprescottsbbqshop.com/egg-fest/

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited May 2018
    I'm still sitting on the fence as we may be gone elsewhere that time, Pete, but thanks for the heads up!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    If we weren’t way out here on the left coast, we would be there! Have fun!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    One day Pete....one day!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    RRP said:
    I'm still sitting on the fence as we may be gone elsewhere that time, Pete, but thanks for the heads up!
    Fingers crossed. Might be a nice Corvette ride?
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    If it were a little closer it would be doable. Wish there was an eggfest up here.
  • pgprescott
    Cashfan said:
    If it were a little closer it would be doable. Wish there was an eggfest up here.
    It’s a lot of work for small operators. Hope you can twist an arm and get someone to bite. It’s a great egghead original idea. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    I want to attend one of these. Unfortunately, I will be traveling for work.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • RRP
    RRP said:
    Fingers crossed. Might be a nice Corvette ride?
    LOL...and put some miles on the odometer?  :s
  • pgprescott
    Couple more XL pkgs gone yesterday. Shaping up. Hoping for great weather now! Still a few available. If you have friends looking to save a few hundred, these events are the path. Enjoy the Holiday weekend. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Pete, Ron is trying to get in touch with you via forum mail.

He's in for the fest!

Go ahead and pencil me in too, for a large to use if there is one available, right next to him.  So I can steal his table real estate, make a mess, shut off his timer, sneek in an a$$ grab or two.  =)

If no eggs are available I can do everything on my small.  Just let me know.

I'll whip up a few breakfast dillas and pan pizzas.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    Focker said:

He's in for the fest!

Go ahead and pencil me in too, for a large to use if there is one available, right next to him.  So I can steal his table real estate, make a mess, shut off his timer, sneek in an a$$ grab or two.  =)

Done! Much appreciated. Looking forward to it. Hope the weather cooperates, but either way we will have fun. You will be able to keep an eye on him as he gets. A bit rowdy I hear. Oh wait that’s Cody. LOL!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Will you have a bourbon station? ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • pgprescott
    bgebrent said:
    Um, yes!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    I'm really contemplating making the 5 hour drive just to eat and shoot the shiits
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• pgprescott
    ColtsFan said:
    I'm really contemplating making the 5 hour drive just to eat and shoot the shiits
    We would love to see you. It’s a small event but it’s a good time. Definitely give me a heads up if you decide to take the trip.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    ColtsFan said:
    We would love to see you. It’s a small event but it’s a good time. Definitely give me a heads up if you decide to take the trip.
    Will do 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• RRP
    Focker said:

He's in for the fest!

LOL! If anybody thinks Focker is "woofing" about the table stealing and all that jazz - DON'T!!! He has a history of ALL that stuff! =)=)=)
  • Focker
    bgebrent said:
    That's part of the deal as well.  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    Focker said:
    bgebrent said:
    That's part of the deal as well.  ;)
    You guys pay it forward, I try to pay it back. 
  • Focker
    Focker said:

He's in for the fest!

Done! Much appreciated. Looking forward to it. Hope the weather cooperates, but either way we will have fun. You will be able to keep an eye on him as he gets. A bit rowdy I hear. Oh wait that’s Cody. LOL!
    I agree all around, even Cody.   B)
    Can you put him on my other side? LOL
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    Focker said:
    Focker said:

He's in for the fest!

I agree all around, even Cody.   B)
    Can you put him on my other side? LOL
    I will think on that one. It could be trouble, however, the chief will be very close by!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Which is the best airport to fly into?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pgprescott
    DMW said:
    Which is the best airport to fly into?
    Hartsfield of course. Then it’s just a matter of renting a car for the long drive. LOL. If you fly to Moline you can prolly hitch with @focker. If you have your own plane the airport across the river is a third a distant alternate for Ohare. 
  • pgprescott
    Getting ready. 
  • Getting ready. 
    Nice shop, Pete! Hope you have a great fest. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    You getting the local radio crew to remote for this??
    Here's to a great fest.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    Here's to wishing you success tenfold! And good weather to boot! Sorry I could not attend after all. 
  • Focker
    Getting ready. 
    Yeah buddy!
    Looking forward to seeing you.  B)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    RRP said:
    Here's to wishing you success tenfold! And good weather to boot! Sorry I could not attend after all. 
    Be well! Catch you next time around.

I have no idea how I’m gonna keep Brandon and a couple other characters in line. Hell, why try???
  • pgprescott
    Thanks @lousubcap and @The Cen-Tex Smoker. No radio this event. You can let loose a bit without microphones!