Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    At lake house in Hiawassee awaiting some hooligans. 

Very nice Brent, I've never seen a shot off your deck like this.  My kinda view. 

Phoenix 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    DMW said:
    You’re gonna come all the way to Nashville and not invite me to hot chicken @DMW? That’s some cold **** right there. 

Hell even @northGAcock swings in for a drink and some BBQ. (Well he did before Butt Blast. Situation may have changed)
    Truf 
  • blasting
    Options
    DMW said:

Funny, I just got the book below and this place is one of the places featured.  Fyi, I recommend the book.  I've been disappointed with a couple recent cookbooks, but this one is a winner.  All full color, and a good mix of recipes, history, and southern culture.

Phoenix 
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    At the vet with the beast.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    DMW said:
    You’re gonna come all the way to Nashville and not invite me to hot chicken @DMW? That’s some cold **** right there. 

Hell even @northGAcock swings in for a drink and some BBQ. (Well he did before Butt Blast. Situation may have changed)
    I'd go eat chicken or BBQ with you any day Adam. Looking forward to the weekend.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    My Beautiful Wife is in the initial stages of the flu. I have had the flu shot, and caught it anyway. I have had it for about a week, and am just now feeling like I am getting over it.
    This one, you want no part of.
    Anyway, I am making chicken vegetable soup, and loading it up. It always seems to be the right elixir for what ails you. Onions, garlic, oregano, olive oil, baby limes, corn, peas, carrots and celery in with broth this far. Seasonings to follow, then grilled chicken.
    Bummer Ron!  Hope Suzy feels better soon. We’ll miss you this weekend. I do however have some of your freezer aged bourbon slushees from Lakefest with us in Hiawassee. 
    At least we will be there in spirit. Wishing ya'll a great time will be a waste of air, because it is always a great time, but I do so anyway. Have fun. 

I have had the flu before, and it has been nothing like this. Anybody with any upper respiratory problems prior to this bug hitting, needs to get to the doctor immediately. I had to get an anti inflammatory steroid shot on Monday, and just left the doctors office, it closes down the breathing passages, like nothing I have experienced before. 
    Ron,
    You are here more than in spirit!  You are here in spirits!  Your slushees from lakefest. Freezer aging works out well or so say Jim and Kay. Y’all get well. 

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Gorgeous buddy!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Great set up!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Gorgeous buddy!
    That’s a far cry from a BB cabin.  
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'd go eat chicken or BBQ with you any day Adam. Looking forward to the weekend.
    @northGAcock just don’t bring @YukonRon

sounds like brotha’s got the funk!

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:

Was there for work and last minute decided with some others to go to Hattie B's. Had work stuff the entire time I was there. Just got home this afternoon. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited May 2018
    Options

Dang @pgprescott s BLT thread was rattling around in my head all day. I added a little jalapeño pimento cheese and siriacha mayo

I guess summer has begun. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Get that flag straightened out! ‘Merica
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @bgebrent tell @piney to fix my damn flag! 

South of Nashville, TN

• Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    Options
    Now I know what you meant by hooligans (the head hooligan has arrived - Mr. Miller himself) :)
    Rick and I will see you guys tomorrow evening at the pre cook dinner.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @bgebrent tell @piney to fix my damn flag! 
    You must think every flag belongs to you ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

Dang @pgprescott s BLT thread was rattling around in my head all day. I added a little jalapeño pimento cheese and siriacha mayo

I guess summer has begun. 
    Kicked it up a notch. NICE!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    The Nature Boy 30 for 30 is starting right Now on ESPN.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • blasting
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I may actually live to a ripe old age. I watched my wife use the wrong side of the cheese knife tonight. I watched her struggle...and did not say a word - nothing snarky or sarcastic. I just held my tongue. It was a silent proud moment. 

You are a better man than I.  My special needs kid needs to learn everything a thousand times.  You'd think that would develop patience - you thought wrong.

Phoenix 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @SciAggie - judgement comes from experience, experience comes from poor judgement.  No way I could let that pass-but I have very comfortable spare room and couch  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The bleeding started for me in the sinus cavities last night, a major hit there, and the bronchial passages are not much better. It is healing up though, I think. My Beautiful Wife started with the Tamiflu, and it has seemed to help initially, but this bug plays havoc for a long time. Glad you are getting through it.
    This thing hits like a sledgehammer.

Somehow I am expecting you and @NorthGAcock to start harmonizing on the symptoms (please spare us photos!!) to detail each of your afflictions!

I'm wondering if this had anything to do with parking next to each other at BB2018???

(Special Note: wondering if Adam may have planted secret viruses in each of your domiciles in pre-payment for the "Stinky Mudbug caper")
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options

Go Bolts!

Being down 2-0 heading to Was had me worried for a sweep. But we bounced back and now it’s tied 2-2 heading back to Tampa.

Lord Stanley needs a tan! 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    bgebrent said:

The hooligans have arrived.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options

YukonRon said:
    blasting said:

Feel better Ron.  I had no idea it was still flu season.

I had no idea either, until I caught it just before heading to California last week. The plane ride was horrible going both ways, and I got so bad I had to do the walk in clinic. He got me well enough to head back home on Saturday, and I have been down with it since. Just now coming out of it.
    I hope it does not get to you. If it does, don't be a hero and try to fight it yourself. This was a bad one.
    You two get well. We are going to miss you this weekend. We will be talking about you though. B)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Planning how to get through the next couple of hours without incident and planning my escape. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    JRWhitee said:

YukonRon said:
    blasting said:

Feel better Ron.  I had no idea it was still flu season.

I had no idea either, until I caught it just before heading to California last week. The plane ride was horrible going both ways, and I got so bad I had to do the walk in clinic. He got me well enough to head back home on Saturday, and I have been down with it since. Just now coming out of it.
    I hope it does not get to you. If it does, don't be a hero and try to fight it yourself. This was a bad one.
    You two get well. We are going to miss you this weekend. We will be talking about you though. B)
    I never expected less. Have fun. We will be fine, thanks for the kind words.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Wtf is wrong with people.